Thread: Willson Show in Frankfurt to be Filmed...

Willson Show in Frankfurt to be Filmed...

According to Nick Beggs, per facebook, the Frankfurt show will be filmed hopefully for a DVD.....

Cool. It'll be great to have an official live document.

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Excellent news, I knew he wouldn't miss a trick to get this one out there. SW is a master of the special release, which is not a complaint from me, he knows what his fan-base wants after all!

I just saw him in Berlin on Thursday, and it was a fantastic performance. The encore made me so happy, I almost cried. I'll be picking up this DVD if/when it's released.

another one? “get all you deserve” is barely half a year old! who is going to watch all this...? PS: hamburg was jaw-dropping, no more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    another one? “get all you deserve” is barely half a year old! who is going to watch all this...? PS: hamburg was jaw-dropping, no more, no less.
    it probably won't be out for another year or more. It will be something to release between Raven and whatever next studio album he works on.
    American Hollow - my prog band.

Quote Originally Posted by playbass View Post
    it probably won't be out for another year or more. It will be something to release between Raven and whatever next studio album he works on.
    If he's going to get it out before his next studio release, with his productivity it'll need to come out by the Summer.

it probably won't be out for another year or more.
    What makes you say that ? iirc "Get All You Deserve" came out less than six months after it was filmed/recorded.

And I will buy a copy, for sure

i realise that. however, “get all you deserve” was such a sumptuous statement for live music on video in general, that it’s best left standing singularly for a couple of years. releasing a live BD/DVD related to a particular tour will have to happen fairly quickly for the tour to remain a lingering memory. that, in turn, dilutes the market because, IMHO, there are just too many live video formats released these days. RUSH, anyone?

didn’t get to see the “GfD” tour, but i own the BD/DVD set. i saw the new tour recently and, i have to say, both presentations didn't differ a great deal, even down to screening the names of the participating musicians at the end. releasing a live document of the “raven” tour seems a little superfluous to me, but i realize that there will probably be a huge market for it, given steven wilson’s current (well deserved!) exposure in mainstream media.

perhaps they were recording professionally for their own reference?