Thread: 2022 Wildfire Season

2022 Wildfire Season

I am amazed it took until September for the smoke to reach Western Washington! It arrived yesterday and is getting thicker. I installed PM Sensors (particulate meters) to my home Weather Station this year. I wanted to see how well my house blocked the smoke. Numbers wise…..not very good but I can’t smell the smoke indoors. It’s 4PM now and is 100% overcast and 86 degrees. NO breeze.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Hoax!! There are no fires, record flooding, or all time record high temps set in September! China isn't experiencing a power crunch because there's no river water to run their hydro-electric plants. These are all optical illusions created by Italian space lasers. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to change my foil hat. So nobody steals my thoughts.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

We got a bit of rain last night after a couple Really smoky days. (about 20 minutes of light rain) The AQI dropped from 198 to 12! (AQI=Air Quality Index)

Ahhhhh the first smell of fresh air since June!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Visible from space:

Made for some interesting photos though:

The AQI was not just bad:
    Seattle's air quality Wednesday was the worst of any place in the world, according to IQAir's Air Quality and pollution city rankings. The air quality in the region was measured at 249 AQI just before 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, putting Seattle ahead of Lahore, Pakistan, Chengdu, China, Portland, Ore., and Kuwait City, Kuwait in the top five.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Hoax!! There are no fires, record flooding, or all time record high temps set in September! China isn't experiencing a power crunch because there's no river water to run their hydro-electric plants. These are all optical illusions created by Italian space lasers. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to change my foil hat. So nobody steals my thoughts.
    Erm... I'm not sure anybody WANTS those thoughts.

^^ I thought you'd say that.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama