Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ELP News; Carl Palmer and crew

The eons are closing
    I'd go to a show if the marquee said "The Barbarians, featuring Jordan Rudess, Marc Bonilla and original member Carl Palmer." Hell, I'd go see that band regardless of what it was called!
    Exactly - do what Mason's doing with Saucerful...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

This 'return' tour is starting up in a few weeks. Anyone here going? Any indication of how ticket sales are doing?

http://www.carlpalmer.com/tourdates....OfELPTour-2022

A friend of mine is actually going on this tour at Carl's request to help man the merch table. He has gotten to know Carl a bit in the last few years and become a curator of an ELP facebook page. Carl told him that he is doing this as very likely a one time thing and is wanting to split the money with the families. It is not his intention to dishonour anyone, even if it comes across that way. I doubt I'll need to see it, but if some people want to, and will enjoy it, then good for them, I'd say.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    A friend of mine is actually going on this tour at Carl's request to help man the merch table. ... Carl told him that he is doing this as very likely a one time thing and is wanting to split the money with the families.
    This is true. It's an expensive undertaking, and Carl is licensing Keith & Greg through their estates, so I wouldn't doubt if this tour turns out not to be a money-maker. I was even turned down for guest passes, which I am always able to score.

Rehearsals

ANd footage from the Philly show:

Opening nite set list

IMG_0037.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anyone been to this yet? A full song here FWIW:

Isn't this just a play-along to the Royal Albert Hall DVD?

I think there's some unused camera shots, maybe. But pretty much!

Quote Originally Posted by stickman393 View Post
    Isn't this just a play-along to the Royal Albert Hall DVD?
    It is, minus shots of Carl who they edited out. They said they were doing this from day one, using the Royal Albert footage because it was the best audio/video quality and they had the separate camera footage.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Please...no.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Please...no.
    Too late!!!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Please...no.
    Haha. Well Greg, my buddy is working Carl's merch table and he says the tour is going well. Fans are happy, attendance is great (two sell outs already), so I may not personally be that into it either, but if it is making some ELP fans happy and Carl is splitting the money with the Emerson and Lake families, I can't really argue with that.

Neil

Haha. Well Greg, my buddy is working Carl's merch table and he says the tour is going well. Fans are happy, attendance is great (two sell outs already), so I may not personally be that into it either, but if it is making some ELP fans happy and Carl is splitting the money with the Emerson and Lake families, I can't really argue with that.

Neil
    I don't have a problem with it at all and would attend if it were in my area. Chris is really excited about being the merch man (& the truck driver) wouldn't want to deprive him of that.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

An interview with Aaron Emerson

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

Neil
    Well, if I made you laugh, that's a good thing! Glad others are enjoying it.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Carl Palmer once said in an interview: "ELP had their chance and it has already passed" when he was about to join the Asia reunion around 2007. Simply put, he showed no interest at all while later in 2010 when Greg and Keith did their warm-up Manticore Hall tour, he did not bother to join them and waited until the farewell show at the High Voltage Festival in July. THAT is what Carl Palmer was feeling about ELP at the time then but now all of a sudden, he wants to "resurrect" the band with this lame video syncing with his band live.

After Keith passed, the Official Tribute show at El Rey in LA (DVD) did not include Palmer who instead did his own "tribute" in Florida. That showed that there was not a connection and not all was in harmony. Not only it's a money grab but it is a total farce and if the Lake/Emerson estates agreed to it with due respect, it was wrong.

^^He was also vocal that for the High Voltage Festival, Keith and Greg were not up to par musically, even by the barometer of their ages in 2010...at least according to Carl, and that is why he didn't want to do other shows. At least on this tour, he is treating his crew well. They are all being taken out tonight by Carl for a Thanksgiving meal.

Neil