Thread: My new single The White Gardens of the Moon

My new single The White Gardens of the Moon

My new single titled The White Gardens of the Moon is out today on Bandcamp, YouTube and all the normal streaming outlets. It's a vicious dig at nostalgia-mongering cleverly disguised as placid prog-folk. The arrangement piles on wonderful analog sounds including electric 12-string, upright bass, live strings, and French horn, plus the piano and dreamy synth that I always use. Classic Floyd and David Sylvian vibes here. I'm most fond personally of the darker instrumental build at the end.

Listening now. Sounds great! I definitely hear the early PF influence.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Yeah. Very nice. Excellent in fact. I love my chickenbacker AliExpress 12 string. A lot of work to get something done with my limited guitar ability. You have got all your palate down perfect . I will now listen again . It went in fast ,that's a good sign for me.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sounds nice!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Thanks for the thoughts everyone!

Tbh, I liked it very much musically. The vocals less so.

^ Yeah I spent awhile trying to find someone else to sing it but wasn't able to find anyone who was interested who was any better than I was. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    ^ Yeah I spent awhile trying to find someone else to sing it but wasn't able to find anyone who was interested who was any better than I was. C'est la vie.
    For what it's worth. I thought the vox more than adequate, distinctive and in keeping with the complete production.

^ Thank you! Honestly I have a very mixed relationship with the sound of my own voice, and generally if people are critical of my music then the vocals are what bother them. Ultimately you do what you can and live with what you have.

I posted a comment on YouTube when you released it, and I think the video and song are excellent.
    I love how you use handwritten notes in the video to provide the lyrics.
    Your vocals are fine, and as others have noted, your vocals are fine and add to the overall tone of the music and song.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Thanks much for your thoughts Richard! Your kind words on the demos were one of the reasons I ended up doing the majority of the vocals myself rather than continuing to find guest singers.