Thread: Fates Warning: New album and Winter Tour

Fates Warning: New album and Winter Tour

Full info here

I'll be more excited if it were an Arch/Matheos album and tour but I still like the current FW
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

Jon Neudorf
    Very cool!

Regards,
    Jon

like the current lineup. glad Aresti is back in the fold - always thought he was very underrated as a guitarist.
    now if they could just get back to their classic period music wise instead churning out another Disconnected or X.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    now if they could just get back to their classic period music wise instead churning out another Disconnected or X.
    I hope not. The last thing they should be doing now is looking so far backward, especially since Disconnected and X were two of their best. I'm guessing/hoping the new one will most likely share something of a resemblance with those last two, but be distinct enough to have its own identity (especially with Frank back, since his absence was a big factor in making the Gray-through-X phase what it was in the first place).

I liked Disconnected, but never bonded with X. Let's hope for something new.

Another mini-tour in the works for this fall (supposedly more dates are coming).

http://www.fateswarning.com/Home.aspx

Damn, Frank sitting out again? His work schedule must be ridiculous.

Any comments about their last one? I have it and will spend some time with it soon but haven't spun it yet.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I hope not. The last thing they should be doing now is looking so far backward, especially since Disconnected and X were two of their best. I'm guessing/hoping the new one will most likely share something of a resemblance with those last two, but be distinct enough to have its own identity (especially with Frank back, since his absence was a big factor in making the Gray-through-X phase what it was in the first place).

Agreed, I love both of those albums.

Not a big fan of their last 2 albums, though they were definitely not bad albums. Arch/Matheos was better.

Disconnected was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    Any comments about their last one? I have it and will spend some time with it soon but haven't spun it yet.
    I think it's solid all the way through. It's not as radically different as I'd hoped, but more of a balance of the trio-phase sound with that pre-Gray crunch. The live stuff on the bonus disc leaves me a little worried for Ray tbh, but on the studio tracks he sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I think it's solid all the way through. It's not as radically different as I'd hoped, but more of a balance of the trio-phase sound with that pre-Gray crunch. The live stuff on the bonus disc leaves me a little worried for Ray tbh, but on the studio tracks he sounds great.
    Thanks, i'm looking forward to listening to it. Loved Arch/Matheos by the way.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten