Thread: ProgDay Restaurants Recommendations?

ProgDay Restaurants Recommendations?

What's a good place to grab a late bite after the shows? I'm thinking of pub grub (appetizers, small plates, etc). Sometimes we skip it entirely because our bodies have over-baked in the sun, and our brains are fried from "imbibing" all day, and all we can think of is getting to the nearest cold shower. We're staying at the Comfort Inn.

There are several joints right around the hotel, including a Japanese steakhouse, a Bob Evans, and a bunch of others. Several are even easy walking distance (like the two above that are literally on the same block and share the same parking lot).
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

There is (or was, last time I was down there) a seafood place pretty close to the hotel, called "Squids" - perhaps Kerzner owns it
    I thought it was quite good.

Freddy's up on the hill above the Comfort. Greasy dogs and burgers and fries and then a frozen custard 'concrete'.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    There are several joints right around the hotel, including a Japanese steakhouse, a Bob Evans, and a bunch of others. Several are even easy walking distance (like the two above that are literally on the same block and share the same parking lot).
    There's also an Outback Steakhouse on the same block and easily walkable.

Yep...and just across the street (it's a highway but there are crosswalks and red lights) are a few different strip malls with a variety of options like Carrabas, McAllisters, a Starbucks, some Italian joints, and more. Plus a Wal-Mart for those 11th-hour "forgot to pack those" items.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

If you come in on a Thursday like we do we eat breakfast Friday at a restaurant in Raleigh called Brigs.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

You didn't ask for breakfast, but our favorite spot is Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen on Franklin St in Chapel Hill

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Plus the best place of all, Total Wine!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    There were Mexican & Japanese restaurants that were pretty close and good. Can't remember the names.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Plus the best place of all, Total Wine!
    Bingo! See you there in the craft brew aisle, Jed.

There's an El Salvadoran/Mexican place in Durham a few blocks from and on the same side of the highway as the Comfort Inn called El Cuscatleco Restaurant. Nothing fancy but good comfort food. They are open until 10:30 on Saturday and 9:30 on Sunday so there's plenty of time to get there after the show.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Also lots of good places in Carbborro not too far from Storybook.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post

There's an El Salvadoran/Mexican place in Durham a few blocks from and on the same side of the highway as the Comfort Inn called El Cuscatleco Restaurant. Nothing fancy but good comfort food. They are open until 10:30 on Saturday and 9:30 on Sunday so there's plenty of time to get there after the show.

Aww, that might be the last place we dined out with the Geez

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post

Forgot about that place. Agree it is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Aww, that might be the last place we dined out with the Geez
    That is correct, Rich. Gone, but certainly not forgotten.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.