Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave Kerzner - The Traveler

The Traveler is a wonderful completion of a very compelling trilogy of albums. Thank you for the music, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarkus View Post
    The Traveler is a wonderful completion of a very compelling trilogy of albums. Thank you for the music, Dave.
    Thanks Aquatarkness! I'm just finishing up the second CD of The Traveler Special Edition and it's mainly one long multi-part song over 40 minutes long that ties the room together (between the three albums)... albeit in a somewhat abstract way since it's mostly instrumental.
    For my solo albums Dave Kerzner and my bands/projects In Continuum, Sonic Elements, Mantra Vega, Squids Out To Sea and more go to: http://sonicelements.bandcamp.com Sound of Contact available on Inside Out Arc of Life on Frontiers

Quote Originally Posted by Squids View Post
    Thanks Aquatarkness! I'm just finishing up the second CD of The Traveler Special Edition and it's mainly one long multi-part song over 40 minutes long that ties the room together (between the three albums)... albeit in a somewhat abstract way since it's mostly instrumental.
    Very much looking forward to hearing this!

Thanks guys! Haven't been on PE for some time. Good to be back!
    It's good to have you back!

I'm quite excited to hear The Traveler, so thank you for sharing some of the background info for it.

One thing that is different about the vocals though is I've added Alex Chod of "Yatte" on backing vocals for a few of the songs. He sounds a lot like Phil! Great singer and really nice guy too.
    This part in particular really caught my attention. I just stumbled across Yatte over the summer and subsequently bought all of their albums. Alex Chod is indeed a great singer, and a great musician too. I really cannot say enough good things about Yatte.

Looking forward to hearing the new Squids music.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    It's good to have you back!

I'm quite excited to hear The Traveler, so thank you for sharing some of the background info for it.

This part in particular really caught my attention. I just stumbled across Yatte over the summer and subsequently bought all of their albums. Alex Chod is indeed a great singer, and a great musician too. I really cannot say enough good things about Yatte.

Looking forward to hearing the new Squids music.
    Thank you. Yeah he's great! His own music can get VERY 80's pop but that's sort of his thing and he does it well. But, as we were working on a Genesis tribute album (multi-disc big thing actually) he was nailing some stuff from DUKE and I was thinking how great he'd sound harmonizing with me. The harmonies I did with Simon Collins on Dimensionaut came out really nice and I miss that type of voice. I've always liked the way Phil Collins' toppy vocals sounded with Peter Gabriel's thick rich or gravely vocal sound. I actually asked Simon if he wanted to guest drum or sing on something and it seemed like maybe that could happen but it just wasn't a solid commitment that I felt I could rely on so I've asked people like Alex and also Martin Levac to contribute to either or both the Genesis tribute album and this particularly Genesisy/SOC-ish solo album. Truth be told I miss working with Simon for many reasons. But, I've thoroughly enjoyed working with drummers like Nick D'Virgilio and singers like Alex and Martin who each have their stamp of influence from the peak eras of Phil Collins' drumming and singing that I love so much. They blend that foundation with their own styles and, to me, it comes out like something fresh and new with a hint of a familiar sound you love and miss.
    For my solo albums Dave Kerzner and my bands/projects In Continuum, Sonic Elements, Mantra Vega, Squids Out To Sea and more go to: http://sonicelements.bandcamp.com Sound of Contact available on Inside Out Arc of Life on Frontiers

I'm streaming the 50 minute multi-part track "The Dream Realm" that just got released on The Traveler Special Edition disc 2. Let me know what you think! This will be streaming for free just for a limited time. Maybe just a week or less. https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/t...alm-parts-1-15

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm streaming the 50 minute multi-part track "The Dream Realm" that just got released on The Traveler Special Edition disc 2. Let me know what you think! This will be streaming for free just for a limited time. Maybe just a week or less. https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/t...alm-parts-1-15
    Thanks, Dave. I really like it. An appropriate song title, very dreamy. It reminds me of the Lamb. I'll definitely consider picking this up.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 10-01-2022 at 08:01 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Has the CD of the special edition shipped yet? Keep looking for mine…..can’t wait!
    So much music....so little time....

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    Has the CD of the special edition shipped yet? Keep looking for mine…..can’t wait!
    The Special Edition 2 CD version ships in 2 weeks. The box sets a few weeks after that. The single main album The Traveler is shipping now and has been. The downloadable version of the album that comes for free with the 2 CD or box set purchases is available now and I'm sending out download codes as soon as I can. Had a busy weekend with the Alan White Tribute concert that just happened. I should probably have my shipper send out the codes but I like to do it myself for some reason. That probably should change and will have to at some point. Anyway, those who are waiting for the 2 CD physical discs just have to wait a little longer. Will be here soon! https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/a...pecial-edition

The Special Edition 2 CD version ships in 2 weeks. The box sets a few weeks after that. The single main album The Traveler is shipping now and has been. The downloadable version of the album that comes for free with the 2 CD or box set purchases is available now and I'm sending out download codes as soon as I can. Had a busy weekend with the Alan White Tribute concert that just happened. I should probably have my shipper send out the codes but I like to do it myself for some reason. That probably should change and will have to at some point. Anyway, those who are waiting for the 2 CD physical discs just have to wait a little longer. Will be here soon! https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/a...pecial-edition
    Thanks for the update! Amazing how a very busy person like you keeps in touch with people here! Very rare, and great trait! Looking forward to hearing this! I have the physical CD’s of all your releases….keep ‘em coming! Love the music!

Thanks for the update! Amazing how a very busy person like you keeps in touch with people here! Very rare, and great trait! Looking forward to hearing this! I have the physical CD’s of all your releases….keep ‘em coming! Love the music!
    Thanks. I actually haven't been active on PE for awhile but I'm friends with Sean and I've always liked this place. It's true I am crazy busy sometimes but I enjoy interacting. I'm curious to hear what people think of either music I'm involved in or music of others I'm interested in as well.

The Special Edition 2 CD version ships in 2 weeks. The box sets a few weeks after that. The single main album The Traveler is shipping now and has been. The downloadable version of the album that comes for free with the 2 CD or box set purchases is available now and I'm sending out download codes as soon as I can.... I should probably have my shipper send out the codes but I like to do it myself for some reason. That probably should change and will have to at some point. Anyway, those who are waiting for the 2 CD physical discs just have to wait a little longer. Will be here soon! https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/a...pecial-edition
    Has anyone received their physical order or at least some sort of shipping notice?
    I ordered the 2 CD Special edition but (as of Monday morning) have not received anything yet, not even a download code.
    Just curious, I trust Dave and its more than understandable if he is having some issues.

I’m with you…waiting on a notice for the 2 cd edition…..but above he referenced they should be shipping about now….can’t wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Has anyone received their physical order or at least some sort of shipping notice?
    I ordered the 2 CD Special edition but (as of Monday morning) have not received anything yet, not even a download code.
    Just curious, I trust Dave and its more than understandable if he is having some issues.
    Thanks. Not having issues apart from the manufacturing plant being a little slower than usual these days and my shipper having to ship a lot of them out! We shipped a lot of 2 CD Special Editions last week and have more to ship this week so I'm sure you'll get the shipping notice if you haven't already. Plus, just in case, you can check your spam folder as sometimes it ends up there. It should be from stamps dot com. Thank you for your patience!

If any of you guys are collectors and want to get all of my solo albums and 2 In Continuum albums plus the rare Kickstarter bonus discs that came with them spanning the last 8 years (and lots of other swag like a 40 page New World booklet, laminated backstage passes, signed album postcards and more), I have 10 left of the "Corners of the Mind" box set. It normally has 10 discs but I'm including The Traveler Special Edition 2 CDs as well so it's really 12 discs. One of the 10 discs is a compilation of songs I wrote with Sound of Contact redone with either my solo band or In Continuum including new studio tracks. You get an instant download of 22 highlights from the collection including some additional rare tracks from my "Traveler Listening Party" that I did at Progstock which are songs with different lyrics and arrangements from The Traveler Special Edition.

Here it is:

https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/m...ectors-edition

Once this is gone it'll be replaced by a more general purpose collection of the 5 albums with just the special editions and not all of the extra bonus discs and swag at a lower cost.

I’m with you…waiting on a notice for the 2 cd edition…..but above he referenced they should be shipping about now….can’t wait!!
    Did you get the notice? Just curious.

Thanks. Not having issues apart from the manufacturing plant being a little slower than usual these days and my shipper having to ship a lot of them out! We shipped a lot of 2 CD Special Editions last week and have more to ship this week so I'm sure you'll get the shipping notice if you haven't already. Plus, just in case, you can check your spam folder as sometimes it ends up there. It should be from stamps dot com. Thank you for your patience!
    Hi Dave,

Great to hear from you.
    I've checked my Inbox and Spam folders, no notice yet. In the last couple of weeks I received emails from stamps dot com, but from other orders I placed.

I'll continue to be as patient as you are active . It looks like you are quite busy.
    The Corners of the Mind box set looks quite tempting, if only I had the money and didn't already have most of what's in offer. I'll add the "Highlights & Rarities" to my want list.

Stay safe amigo

Did you get the notice? Just curious.
    If it is from bandcamp, no…..just checked….I’m patiently waiting though.

If it is from bandcamp, no…..just checked….I’m patiently waiting though.
    Just got an email from bandcamp….it’s on the way!

Just got an email from bandcamp….it’s on the way!
    Same here!
    Got an email from Bandcamp a bit earlier today.

I've been notified as well.

My shipper sent out a ton of them today so I guess you guys were in that batch. You'll have them soon! Thanks for your patience. I hope you enjoy them!

Now I'm wrapping up the Blu-Ray 5.1 mixes this week of The Traveler. It was originally going to just be of the Disc 1 main album but I decided to also mix the giant 50-minute 15-part piece "The Dream Realm" from disc 2 in 5.1 as well. That's in the 3 and 4 disc box sets though. I will eventually release a studio surround Blu-Ray on its own but it'll be different in that it won't be 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio in high res 24bit 96k. It'll probably be Dolby Atmos which has more channels but is more compressed and not as hi res.

I’m on board for a stand alone 5.1 mix!

I’m on board for a stand alone 5.1 mix!
    I'm on board with there just being one version of any album, but I realise the economics of the situation are against me on this.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I'm on board with there just being one version of any album, but I realise the economics of the situation are against me on this.
    They're not against you, the economics are against most music creators. The various expanded or deluxe versions of albums that collectors buy supports the independent niche genre (ie. Prog) artists because it balances out what the rest of the industry is doing which is expecting albums to just be free via streaming services. These days big corporations like Apple, Amazon, Spotify etc. make the money from their subscription services and pay out the music creators a tiny fraction of what they'd get if someone would have just bought a download of their album on iTunes for $10. It's perhaps a bigger problem than some people think. The only way to recoup costs is to tour if you can do that without losing money or sell merch or put together special packages of the album either via Kickstarter or special pre-orders on Bandcamp.

So, if you want there to be only one version of an album, that's nice but the first thing to want before that could even happen is for the industry to go back to more people buying albums and not just paying a monthly fee for "all you can eat" from Spotify et al... or for the subscription streaming services to pay music creators in a different way (such as splitting up the subscription money by what each subscriber actually listened to instead of a fraction of a penny per stream which doesn't add up to much).

I'm sure you know this. Who here doesn't at this point? But, thats obviously one big reason why there are Kickstarter campaigns and special editions of albums. That said, even bands that don't need the money like Indy artists do have put out box sets. I can't tell you how many different versions of Dark Side of the Moon I've purchased from the CD to vinyl to various surround sound versions including the Immersion Box Set. But, I really don't mind. I enjoy buying music I like. So, these specialty products cater to people who want more than just the regular album.

At least in my case I give you more than just extra scraps on the second disc. The second disc of The Traveler or New World is like a whole additional album. You don't get THAT from Pink Floyd. In fact, we should have gotten "Endless River" as the second and third disc of a Division Bell Box Set but instead they released it as an album of its own. Although, as a result, I didn't end up buying the Division Bell Box Set. I probably would have if they hadn't released Endless River and, instead, included it with the DB box like I would have done.

So, in a nutshell, there are two reasons there are alternate versions of albums. One is because less people buying a higher price tagged product balances out a large amount of people who just listen to it for free even on YouTube let alone Spotify and the rest. Although I don't put my full albums on there for free anymore, just some of the songs and they're usually shorter versions than the album. Then, the other reason is because some people DO like more deluxe versions of albums they like. I'm one of those customers myself.