Thread: So I was Listening to the Swedish Band A.C.T.

So I was Listening to the Swedish Band A.C.T.

First of all, finding their albums on Amazon Prime Music is fun because you might also get a hip hop group with the same name and maybe a cooking podcast - but I digress.

This is a band I remember listening to but I guess never really clicked with me at all. However, I love melodic music - I mean I really love melodic music - and this is it. I would characterize it as almost pop music level of melody especially in the vocal lines. At times, I'm even reminded of who I consider the most tuneful pop band out there - Panic! At The Disco. Frankly, the music is fun and uplifting and somewhat confection, but I've always had a sweet tooth in life.

Since I tend to like a lot of bands and genres and styles that have nothing to do with each other, this is merely one of them. But my ear always can tell a good melody when it hears one.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

They're a great band, and I love their music. Lots of ear-catching melodies and cool chord changes in their songs. Their singer is also really good too, IMO, with a unique voice. Took me some time to get used to it, but I really like his singing.

Their first two or three albums are my favorite, but their newer music is just as good and I'm glad that they're still making stuff.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

I think I remember they reminded me of City Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    I think I remember they reminded me of City Boy.
    Yep!

I also get a little bit of a Saga vibe from them at times too.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

And they're very easy to find at the top of my iTunes list.

I was listening to Circus Pandemonium not too long ago. It's a very good one and I like the circus related bits at times. I also have Imaginary Friends but I haven't listened to it yet.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)