Thread: Celebrating Bowie - Rundgren, Belew, and…Scrote!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Celebrating Bowie - Rundgren, Belew, and…Scrote!

Appearing near me in Tarrytown this October. I’m sort of interested:

Celebrating David Bowie shows return in 2022 answering the question, “What makes Bowie different?”. Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Famer Todd Rundgren, Adrian Belew (Bowie, NIN, King Crimson, Frank Zappa, Talking Heads), and Celebrating David Bowie creator, producer, and featured artist Scrote, bring Spacehog’s Royston Langdon, Fishbone’s Angelo Moore, saxophone great Ron Dziubla (Jon Batiste, Joe Bonamassa), Narada Michael Walden bassist Angeline Saris, and popular session and touring drummer Michael Urbano (Lindsey Buckingham, Sheryl Crow) to interpret Bowie’s greatest hits.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

The eons are closing
    Hey! Thats cool... and driveable for me.

Gotta talk to the missus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Appearing near me in Tarrytown this October. I’m sort of interested:

Celebrating David Bowie shows return in 2022 answering the question, “What makes Bowie different?”. Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Famer Todd Rundgren, Adrian Belew (Bowie, NIN, King Crimson, Frank Zappa, Talking Heads), and Celebrating David Bowie creator, producer, and featured artist Scrote, bring Spacehog’s Royston Langdon, Fishbone’s Angelo Moore, saxophone great Ron Dziubla (Jon Batiste, Joe Bonamassa), Narada Michael Walden bassist Angeline Saris, and popular session and touring drummer Michael Urbano (Lindsey Buckingham, Sheryl Crow) to interpret Bowie’s greatest hits.
    How did you find out about all the players (esp. Urbano)? The website is vague on this.

It sounds really interesting and they're playing fairly close.

Anyone familiar with “Scrote”? I’ve never heard of him/her.

I was interested, I found 2 seats fairly close, for $75+ each. Total after fees was $208.

Nope. Eff you Ticketbastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Anyone familiar with “Scrote”? I’ve never heard of him/her.
    At first I thought he was referring to our own Scrotum Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    How did you find out about all the players (esp. Urbano)? The website is vague on this.

It sounds really interesting and they're playing fairly close.
    I’m on the email list for the Tarrytown Music Hall, and that was copied from their description of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I was interested, I found 2 seats fairly close, for $75+ each. Total after fees was $208.

Nope. Eff you Ticketbastard.
    Buy tickets from the Music Hall’s website. Right now they’re on member presale, but they go on general sale on Friday. I used to buy a membership or renew it whenever there was a show I wanted tickets for, but membership is too expensive now, so I just wait until tickets go on general sale.

BTW, I have no idea who this Scrots imposter is. LOL!

I bought tix for the Chicago show coming up on October 14.

Ah! Scrote is an old friend/colleague/bandmate and a huge force of nature. He does a bunch of different things but over the past 25 years he's hooked me up with a zillion fun/lucrative shows with his (or other acts), largely cover bands (doing the music of Herb Albert, or Burt Bacharach, or from James Bond films, or...). Usually it's tribute band stuff - though we did do one weird improv gig together in Montreal for kicks while we crossed paths on separate tours (me on Warr guitar!).

In fact the only gig I've played during all over covid was a gig Scrote set up (and played) in Southern California. All kinds of A-list players on the bill (I felt a bit out of my league). It's always funny to me to rock all night playing a bunch of classic 60's/70's pop tunes and then hang out afterwards nerding out about current avant/prog stuff with Scrote and the gang (which includes miRthkon bandmate Jamison and also one of the singers, Holland, is in charge of the Zappa archives, etc.).

Anyway.. he's somebody who is really good at connecting people together and making things happen. I'm happy to see him workin' it on all these Bowie tribute tours.

- Matt

^ He’s a hairy, wrinkled fellow who’s usually loose and easy going but occasionally gets all tense and uptight?

I'm hearing Todd's voice is kinda shot.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    He sounded great when I saw him last October.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Sorry if already obvious to everyone from the thread but seems from the description Belew and Rundgren are not performers only organizers in this --- might want to figure that out first if you were intending to buy a ticket to see either perform. I just google'd the first 2 names (Langdon and Moore) to see who they are, to see whether this lineup already has the vocals (w/o having Belew or Rundgren), and seems it does.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Yaman Aksu View Post
    Sorry if already obvious to everyone from the thread but seems from the description Belew and Rundgren are not performers only organizers in this --- might want to figure that out first if you were intending to buy a ticket to see either perform. I just google'd the first 2 names (Langdon and Moore) to see who they are, to see whether this lineup already has the vocals (w/o having Belew or Rundgren), and seems it does.
    It seems pretty clear from the description in the opening post that Rundgren and Belew are performing - that would be some serious bait & switch if they weren't! I copied it from the Tarrytown Music Hall website.

Bought a ticket today!

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I saw Todd last time he played the U.K., which was admittedly pre-Covid, and he sounded just great that night.

Last night's Westworld episode 7 (penultimate) closing theme was David Bowie's "The Man who sold the world". It was alluding to the way a main character (the evil Man in Black) makes his domination statement by killing a few of the series' heroes and villains alike.

Bowie was always a visionary and his futuristic views will always be relevant that makes him eternal in music and poetry. Can't wait for the Documentary Moonage Daydream out Sept. 16!