Thread: New Gentle Giant 10 LP Live Box

Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

I like the album cover!

Are these crossed recordings with the big boxset or are these completely unreleased recordings? It's only mentionned unreleased on vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    Are these crossed recordings with the big boxset or are these completely unreleased recordings? It's only mentionned unreleased on vinyl.
    The Chester 1977 show is on Unburied Treasures, and the 1976 show was previously released as Live at the Bicentennial. The other two shows are previously unreleased.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

$450 on Amazon.. Yikes!
    and where's the CD version?
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    The Chester 1977 show is on Unburied Treasures, and the 1976 show was previously released as Live at the Bicentennial. The other two shows are previously unreleased.
    I have already the bicentenaire and seen the price I 'll pass my way. Even so I have the two original vinyl I would still be interested to get Glasshouse and Power re-released on vinyl with the two original covers....that covers about my GG wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    $450 on Amazon.. Yikes!
    Amazon Germany lists it as unavailable. I suppose I pass, unless it gets a CD-release for a reasonable price.

$450 on Amazon.. Yikes!
    Yeah, that's outrageous. $45 per disc, and short discs at that...many of those album sides have only one or two songs. Side 6 is just "Free Hand," which is about seven minutes.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Yeah, that's outrageous. $45 per disc, and short discs at that...many of those album sides have only one or two songs. Side 6 is just "Free Hand," which is about seven minutes.
    i suppose they did it that way to justify the cost. they could have easily squeezed more songs on each side making fewer discs overall if they wanted to.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

$450 on Amazon.. Yikes!
    Amazon - $449.99 + $45.00 state tax = $494.99 (I have Prime so no shipping charges)

ImportCD - $374.58 + $9.99 Shipping + $33.07 state tax = $417.64

Deep Discounts - $352.42 + $8.99 Shipping + $31.08 State Tax = $392.49

Still looking for other vendors but you can see it's available for $100.00 Less than retail so far.
    Last edited by Garyhead; 07-17-2022 at 11:26 AM.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Don't want to be too nit-picky but Disc 4 clocks in under 20 minutes, this is even lower then some Italian 70s prog records. Unless it's ment to be a kind of back to the Roots less is morish statement...

Costs plenty to get vinyl made - no surprise on price
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

Calderone 77, and Agora 1980 - Interesting that these weren't included on Unburied Treasure

Already a thread started 2 days ago...

PopMarket just put up their "Daily Deal":

$345.79 - $34.58* discount + $0 Shipping + $26.76 State Tax = $337.97

I don't think your gonna find a price much lower than that....$157.02 Off retail with the shipping / tax etc. BUT you have to act by midnight tonight EDT That is their nature with the Daily Deal.

*10% Discount using code: THANKS10
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Indeed! There's really only one room in my house where I can listen to vinyl, and there are often people in that room who dislike Gentle Giant. I'd love to buy this if it were in a format I could easily use.

Would have been a good time to unearth the unreleased encores for the bicentennial show to fill out the 3rd lp.

Wish this was just the two unreleased shows in cd or lp would have been more manageable. Why do we need two missing piece shows and the previously released one is less complete?

I don’t think people would have minded the first two shows put together into 5lps to be less waste too.

Holy cr@p, I thought the Amazon UK price is going to be saner:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Front-Row-C...s%2C163&sr=8-5

More than 500 gbp!

Just got my shipping notice today from pop market. So…..they are going out.

For all of who couldn't afford the huge box...or had all the studio albums, and only needed the live cds, they should now put out a live cd box.

Just arrived. Seems they are numbered.

FFF7C138-5709-4493-A78A-136D14ECAB0E.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchentootz View Post
    Costs plenty to get vinyl made - no surprise on price
    Plus vinyl buyers are already crazy, so....

I understand that people spend money on things they love, I know I am guilty of it (I bought all of the GlassHouse CDs). But there doesn't seem to be much "value" in this box. Roughly the same price as the Unburied Treasure set, and what, two unreleased shows? SMH.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I understand that people spend money on things they love, I know I am guilty of it (I bought all of the GlassHouse CDs). But there doesn't seem to be much "value" in this box. Roughly the same price as the Unburied Treasure set, and what, two unreleased shows? SMH.
    I agree, it would be nice to have the set as a collectable but I can't imagine spending much time actually spinning the records. First time for me as a GG fan since the mid-70s that I will not be purchasing...YMMV of course and good for you.

Mine arrived a few days ago lovely packaging but still just seems a odd duck of a set. Not sure what the intention was but having two missing piece shows that are almost identical in track listing is very odd.

should have dumped the Chester show given I can’t see anyone who buys this not having unburied treasure so seems to just bloat the set (and price) to include it again.

I’ve listened to the two new shows and they sound good but not better than what has been available. Calderone 77 definitely shows a decent amount of tape hiss in quiet parts. Also it has a few tape cuts and sadly they mention in the book that there was a minute of mountain time on the tape but it was decided to leave it out. I would have preferred it be included given it’s status as one of the rarer live tracks and given the show is already quite short for a 3 lp set so would have helped fill it out a touch.

I love civilian shows so welcome this but only the most dedicated need more than one full recording from this tour probably(you do get the spoken intro to it’s not imagination that got chopped for unburied treasure though)

the booklet is great with many stories from the road which I do not think I have read before. I was worried it would be excerpts from the unburied treasure set but seemed new to me (not that I compared them directly)

I had theorized that maybe they Chester was cut to get it to perfect 78m cd length for unburied treasure. The booklet actually addresses this a little saying the tape itself mysteriously was missing funny ways. No word on if mountain time was played or taped though.

the booklet also mentions the missing encores from calderone 76 but says no listenable recording is available I guess listenable is debatable but the gg website does state they have been found and I still say low quality or not would have helped this set out to include them.

I will say though we don’t need calderone 76 again imho. It is kinda cool to have two shows from the same venue, and in the 77 show weathers actually mentions the 76 show so that is a fun bit of continuity created here.

So while I always welcome more GG I don’t quite get the purpose of this set, leave out Chester and it’s a decent expansion to unburied treasure but as it is oddly overlapping and the short sides on the 3lp sets make it a bit frustrating too(why no cd release…)