Thread: First Two Bands for ProgDay 2022!

First Two Bands for ProgDay 2022!

ProgDay is happy to announce it’s first two bands for 2022:

————————

LUX TERMINUS:

LUX TERMINUS was formed in 2016 by Gravity and Redemption keyboardist Vikram Shankar (you may have also seen Shankar playing keyboards with Pain of Salvation on their most recent tour). With Brian Craft on bass and Matthes Kerschner on drums, the trio set out to combine metal and jazz influences into their own exploration of instrumental progressive rock.

With influences ranging from Return To Forever, Rush, Dream Theater, and Animals As Leaders, to Hans Zimmer and Tigran Hamasyan, LUX TERMINUS released its first album, The Courage To Be, in 2018. The record includes guest performances by many acclaimed artists including vocalist Anneke Van Giersbergn (ex - The Gathering, Dein Townsend Project, VUUR, et al.), guitarist Timo Somers (Delain, Vengeance), and cellist Raphael Weinroth-Browne (Leprous, Musk Ox).

In addition to material from The Courage To Be, ProgDay 2022 will also be treated to music from the band’s upcoming second record.

————————

AZIOLA CRY:

Originally formed by Jason Blake (Warr guitar), Mike Milaniak (guitars) and Tim Stickradt (drums), AZIOLA CRY came together in 2004. Citing Tool, King Crimson and Gordian Knot as influences, the band released its first album Ellipsis in 2005 and Ghost Conversations in 2007.

With Tom Murray now in the drum seat, AZIOLA CRY returned after fourteen years with The Ironic Divide in 2021 on Sensory Records. Its massive riffs never devolve into merely technical displays and each track develops, evolves and flows. Continuing down the dark, complex and unrelenting path of it’s predecessors, The Ironic Divide is the band’s heaviest and most intricate music to date.

————————

Join AZIOLA CRY and LUX TERMINUS for ProgDay 2022. ProgDay is a two day outdoor festival of progressive rock. ProgDay 2022 will take place on Saturday and Sunday, September 3 and 4, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, please visit us at www.progday.net.

To hear music from this year’s bands, please visit the ProgDay Music page (http://www.progday.net/ProgDay-Music.html).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy to see an announcement
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Peachy
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Excellent!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yay Metal!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Banned
    That Progday 22 is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post
    ProgDay is happy to announce it’s first two bands for 2022:

————————

LUX TERMINUS:

LUX TERMINUS was formed in 2016 by Gravity and Redemption keyboardist Vikram Shankar (you may have also seen Shankar playing keyboards with Pain of Salvation on their most recent tour). With Brian Craft on bass and Matthes Kerschner on drums, the trio set out to combine metal and jazz influences into their own exploration of instrumental progressive rock.

With influences ranging from Return To Forever, Rush, Dream Theater, and Animals As Leaders, to Hans Zimmer and Tigran Hamasyan, LUX TERMINUS released its first album, The Courage To Be, in 2018. The record includes guest performances by many acclaimed artists including vocalist Anneke Van Giersbergn (ex - The Gathering, Dein Townsend Project, VUUR, et al.), guitarist Timo Somers (Delain, Vengeance), and cellist Raphael Weinroth-Browne (Leprous, Musk Ox).

In addition to material from The Courage To Be, ProgDay 2022 will also be treated to music from the band’s upcoming second record.

————————

AZIOLA CRY:

Originally formed by Jason Blake (Warr guitar), Mike Milaniak (guitars) and Tim Stickradt (drums), AZIOLA CRY came together in 2004. Citing Tool, King Crimson and Gordian Knot as influences, the band released its first album Ellipsis in 2005 and Ghost Conversations in 2007.

With Tom Murray now in the drum seat, AZIOLA CRY returned after fourteen years with The Ironic Divide in 2021 on Sensory Records. Its massive riffs never devolve into merely technical displays and each track develops, evolves and flows. Continuing down the dark, complex and unrelenting path of it’s predecessors, The Ironic Divide is the band’s heaviest and most intricate music to date.

————————

Join AZIOLA CRY and LUX TERMINUS for ProgDay 2022. ProgDay is a two day outdoor festival of progressive rock. ProgDay 2022 will take place on Saturday and Sunday, September 3 and 4, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, please visit us at www.progday.net.

To hear music from this year’s bands, please visit the ProgDay Music page (http://www.progday.net/ProgDay-Music.html).

So great to see the announcements, carry on!

Aziola Cry's Tommy Murray is also the drummer for the Cyberiam. Monster player and great guy.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool stuff!!

Glad to see announcements!, probably not my thing so far, but going to attend regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Aziola Cry's Tommy Murray is also the drummer for the Cyberiam. Monster player and great guy.
    I knew I knew that name from somewhere. Very cool!

FYI: Jason Blake from Aziola Cry also plays in a new band with Craig Walkner from Far Corner and Joe Kopecky from of course, Kopecky.

Huge fan of Aziola Cry, I have all their stuff(not a lot I know) including their latest which I haven't had time to spend with yet. Man they'd be good live.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

So glad to hear that ProgDay is still kicking. I have so many wonderful memories from my years attending that festival, going back to my first one in '98. Long live ProgDay!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net