Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd Put Bickering Aside to Finally Announce ‘Animals’ Reissue

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    When I lay back an listen to Animals my most remote thoughts are around the acrimony, I just focus on a stunning musical achievement. I just adore Animals.
    This is me. The music speaks for itself and I really don't give a chocolate-covered fig for the rest.

As far as why I would post this in a thread explicitly about the bickering, well...guilty as charged. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Interesting setlist for his current tour.. never seen anyone open with Comfortably Numb

Set I:
    01) Comfortably Numb
    02) The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
    03) Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
    04) Another Brick In The Wall Part 3
    05) The Powers That Be
    06) The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range
    07) The Bar
    08) Have A Cigar
    09) Wish You Were Here
    10) Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts VI-VII)
    11) Sheep
    Set II:
    12) In The Flesh
    13) Run Like Hell
    14) Déjà Vu
    15) Is This The Life We Really Want?
    16) Money
    17) Us And Them
    18) Any Colour You Like
    19) Brain Damage
    20) Eclipse
    21) Two Suns In The Sunset
    22) The Bar (reprise)
    23) Outside The Wall
    Interesting that he's still doing In The Flesh, but he's moved it to open the second set. Any idea who's going to be in the band? In particular, who's going to be the surrogate Gilmour this time around? Has he still got Snowy White playing in his band?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Interesting that he's still doing In The Flesh, but he's moved it to open the second set. Any idea who's going to be in the band? In particular, who's going to be the surrogate Gilmour this time around? Has he still got Snowy White playing in his band?
    Dave Kilminster is doing the "Gilmour" as it were.

"Playing with his his current band—guitarists Jonathan Wilson and Dave Kilminster, drummer Joey Waronker, guitarist and bassist Gus Seyffert, keyboardist and guitarist Jon Carin, organist Robert Walter, saxophonist Seamus Blake and backing singers Amanda Belair and Shanay Johnson"

https://americansongwriter.com/photo...20Pink%20Floyd
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I started shopping around today for the box set. I went to LE....not there (yet?) Import CD with shipping & tax $101.00 Burning Shed with shipping & tax $69.00

With the GBP at an all time low.....now is the time for the Yanks to buy from overseas! That's a $32.00 Savings!
    Excellent tip! I hadn't thought about it that way. I always feel good directing some cash at Burning Shed if there's any way to do so.

I am reading Mark Blake's Pigs Might Fly book and wow, the Dave/Roger drama has gone on for a very long time.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Last edited by Trane; 07-12-2022 at 08:35 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I started shopping around today for the box set. I went to LE....not there (yet?) Import CD with shipping & tax $101.00 Burning Shed with shipping & tax $69.00

With the GBP at an all time low.....now is the time for the Yanks to buy from overseas! That's a $32.00 Savings!
    Pretty much did the same. Actually went to check the Deluxe Editions website and found out deluxe box is released in Europe at lower prices. Not sure why U.S. prices are so steep. Anyway it is on preorder and just need me a patience to last until September / October. Actually I may end up ordering single CD and BR as well, to listen to these without the release and shipping delays (from Europe), and still the price will be comparable to the preorder price of deluxe box in U.S.

I guess this is a dilemma for impatient people as I am sure the prices for the deluxe version here will have to eventually fall as well. Just do not want to miss it as I did some other ones.
    Last edited by PCMusic; 07-14-2022 at 01:00 AM.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Apparently Roger has gotten his ego bruised up in Canuckistan. This has resulted in forty-three pages of insanity over on the Hoffman forum, not exactly a shock.

https://consequence.net/2022/07/roge...-weeknd-drake/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Canuckistan?

Canada I gather, but what's the beef?

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Canuckistan?

Canada I gather, but what's the beef?
    Roger did two nights in Toronto. Local media covered the shows by The Weekend and Drake instead. Roger proclaimed to the press that he was “far, far, far more important than any of them will ever be.” Jebus, you're closer to 80 than 70, y'think just maybe the kids want to see someone a little more relevant to their experience than a guy the age of their grandparents?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Roger did two nights in Toronto. Local media covered the shows by The Weekend and Drake instead. Roger proclaimed to the press that he was “far, far, far more important than any of them will ever be.” Jebus, you're closer to 80 than 70, y'think just maybe the kids want to see someone a little more relevant to their experience than a guy the age of their grandparents?
    Saw that too. At first I thought it was just clickbait or that his quote was taken out of context, but as I read the article I realized with growing dismay that it wasn't. He comes off as rather full of himself in that statement. I love Roger and the music he has made throughout his career, but man he really needs to get over himself IMO.

I'm not a Drake fan, but I actually like The Weeknd. He's doing some cool stuff.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Sorry, it was the 'Canuckistan ' bit I was querying....?

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Sorry, it was the 'Canuckistan ' bit I was querying....?
    A nickname for Canada. A Canuck is slang for Canadian. There is even a hockey team named the Vancouver Canucks.

Neil

Back in the days of PE 2.0, Canada was referred to by some of us as Canuckistan or even Soviet Canuckistan. It was kind of an inside joke, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Back in the days of PE 2.0, Canada was referred to by some of us as Canuckistan or even Soviet Canuckistan. It was kind of an inside joke, I guess.
    I think it was playing of the Canadian Conspiracy and Canadian Bacon things. The former was a comedy special that aired on Cinemax circa 1984, that hinged on the idea that after the PM of Canada was offended by a joke Dwight Eisenhower (or was Truman?) made during an official visit, instituted a plan to take over Hollywood by innidating California with scores of Canadian nationals, starting with Lorne Greene.

Canadian Bacon was a mediocre early 90's picture that played off the idea of US officials creating propaganda hinging the idea that Canada is planning to invade the US (as a means of kickstarting a new cold war, after Russia refuses to play ball, to save America from it's failing economy in the wake of the collapse of the Iron Curtain). Alan Alda plays the President, Rip Torn plays his Joint Chief Of Staff, with John Candy ironically playing, in his final role, an Upstate New York sheriff who decides to matters into his own hand. It's kind of a dumb movie, but there's certain things that are hilarious, like the guy who insists Canada is always tryign to "pam stuff on us, like the metric system and Neil Young", and the broadcaster during the propaganda pieces saying that if the US falls to the Maple Leaf, we'll have to listen to "Anne Murray, all day, every day".

Remember, Canadians walk among us.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post

Remember, Canadians walk among us.
    Be afraid. Very afraid.

Neil

The eons are closing
    https://youtu.be/bOR38552MJA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

^^Hahahaha.

Neil

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    SCTV is Canadian Gold.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

SCTV is Canadian Gold.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

SCTV is Canadian Gold.
    Absolutely. I can't believe the Scorsese documentary still isn't released, it's been finished for years!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    I have to say, that is one of the most interesting and unique stage/lighting setups I have ever seen. The massive cross-shaped screen essentially provides all the stage lighting minus a few lights on its underside. Pretty damn cool.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Same old Roger, it seems.

Good grief, that guy...
    What's wrong with having the truth? Gilmour sounds like a baby, "No, I refuse to put it out if you tell them who did what"...

"Same old innocent David Gilmour"