Thread: Porcupine Tree, my daughter and me

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

Porcupine Tree, my daughter and me

Everyday Music in Bellingham will be going away soon, so the daughter and I made one last trip to peruse some vinyl. She shares similar tastes with me. We wore our ELO concert shirts and made an afternoon of it. After much deliberation we we settled on one new LP (we'd been to this store back in March so not much had changed plus they're not restocking). We bought a Porcupine Tree album, the reissued The Sky Moves Sideway two LP set. We took it back to her apartment and put it on her rig and enjoyed a classic album with a few rounds of Writers Tears Irish whiskey.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Nice!

Not Everyday Music! I went to college in Bellingham and wasted many a paycheck I'd earned at Burger Me on Lakeway. I think that might be the last treasured record & CD store of my youth to go under. At least it lasted longer than Off the Record in Yakima (and Burger Me).

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    Not Everyday Music! I went to college in Bellingham and wasted many a paycheck I'd earned at Burger Me on Lakeway. I think that might be the last treasured record & CD store of my youth to go under. At least it lasted longer than Off the Record in Yakima (and Burger Me).
    My wife retired from WWU last year. Associate Vice President of Human Resources.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Everyday Music in Bellingham will be going away soon, so the daughter and I made one last trip to peruse some vinyl. She shares similar tastes with me. We wore our ELO concert shirts and made an afternoon of it. After much deliberation we we settled on one new LP (we'd been to this store back in March so not much had changed plus they're not restocking). We bought a Porcupine Tree album, the reissued The Sky Moves Sideway two LP set. We took it back to her apartment and put it on her rig and enjoyed a classic album with a few rounds of Writers Tears Irish whiskey.
    That sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon!
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

My wife retired from WWU last year. Associate Vice President of Human Resources.
    Oh nice! I do have fond memories of Bellingham and WWU, though I was a pretty half-assed student all things considered. Spent way too much time loitering at Everyday Music and/or listening to things I'd purchased there.

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    Oh nice! I do have fond memories of Bellingham and WWU, though I was a pretty half-assed student all things considered. Spent way too much time loitering at Everyday Music and/or listening to things I'd purchased there.
    How long ago was that?

How long ago was that?
    Let's see... I graduated high school in 2001, finished an Associate's at Yakima Valley College and transferred to UW in 2003, then transferred from UW to WWU in spring 2004 and graduated WWU in summer 2005. So it's been... a dismayingly long time.

What a wonderful and joyous story! It surely warms the heart.

Cool story. I have two daughter's although one is now neutral. The oldest and I have a love of PT and have gone together to see PT and Steven Wilson solo several times. I still remember hearing with her for the first time In Absentia, we both were blown away.
    My middle neutral child has been slower to appreciate my music but has gotten into King Gizzard with me and some other bands like Sigur Ros and many classic rock bands. We actually went to a used record store together a few weeks ago and spent the afternoon hanging out.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten