Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: PT/C/C

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Except they're releasing it as a double LP!
    They can charge more for a "double album".

The ultimate insult: "Up the Downstair" was originally released as a single LP and then re-issued as a double LP with no bonus tracks. One of the sides is only 8 minutes long.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    Yes, I bought the digital download from their official store for $6.99. This is the deluxe edition (10-tracks) with instrumental versions included, together with the 60-page PDF booklet from the deluxe edition. You only see this offer from their "global store", even if you are in the US. You can download either CD quality FLAC files or MP3s. The link is:

https://porcupinetree.tmstor.es/prod...ose_location=1

Supposedly, this low-cost option is on offer until the end of the week.
    Thanks!!
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    Thanks!!
    Ditto!

Thanks! Downloading flacs is sort of a chore, but for 6.99, okay.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I must say that I am really enjoying C/C and I like every track which is really good for me. It's not in my top tier of PT albums (Signify to In Absentia) but kind of sits with Deadwing, FOABP and The Incident. Rats Return and Love In The Past Tense are amongst my fave tracks for sure.

290249192_585358469686935_2050126525502736869_n.jpg

Now let's see how long it stays there.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Thanks! Downloading flacs is sort of a chore, but for 6.99, okay.
    The one problem that I've encountered with the FLAC download is that the file metadata is sparse. In particular, the track numbers were missing (maybe they've fixed it since I bought it?). I had to use a metadata editor to add the track numbers back in. It took a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    The one problem that I've encountered with the FLAC download is that the file metadata is sparse. In particular, the track numbers were missing (maybe they've fixed it since I bought it?). I had to use a metadata editor to add the track numbers back in. It took a couple of minutes.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    I figured I needed to fix the genre. There is a track_number but not track
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    This is the Wilson solo album I was waiting for him to make once he stopped making whatever he was calling the last two albums. It fits more snuggly in the Insurgentes, Raven, HCE, Storm Corrosion mold than PT to my ears. As a PT album 13 years in the making I feel its pretty disappointing. And truth be told, I don't know what I was expecting!
    And to be fair, I may feel it's a solo album with PT members because I've listened to more of his solo work since PT went on "break."
    I saw all his solos tours through Raven and HCE (five times.) I honestly need to go back to see if I feel the same way with the first incarnation. I saw them multiple times on every US tour they made from Stupid Dream until The Incident, which I thought was incredible.
    Maybe this is the perfect evolution, time will tell. I've listened to it three times already, so I'll see. Its whetted my appetite to go back into the catalogue, so there's that!
    All that being said...
    I think the playing is stellar, as expected.
    Harrison...the guy is just so incredibly great, he's going to be worth the price of admission just to watch him pull this off. His work here reminds me of the Radio City show years ago, he was absolutely unhinged that night. The best performance I ever saw him do. Mind-blowing.
    Wilsons vocals have really "matured," and I say that with full disclosure I only listened to To The Bone once, and only the few pre-album track he put out of the Future Bites. So maybe his vocals aren't that "Matured" in the grand scheme of things, but they really sound great! And his bass playing on Love in the Past Tense is really beautiful.
    I think that he didn't come in with songs to put on the next album like he did first time around gave them, and certainly Harrison, a LOT more room to stretch out. Again, he really is amazing on the album.
    And Barbieris' treatments are sublime as always!
    I hope y'all enjoy this incarnation without listening to too much yammering like mine getting in the way and dive in!
    Disclaimer: These are my thoughts on the album and NOT FACT!
    I'm kind of surprised you only listened to "To the Bone" once. I think there are some great songs on there, especially the title track and "Refuge." I can listen to those songs over and over.

So I wanted the new album with the extra tracks but don't want to pay $76. I saw on their official web site that there was an extended download version available until the end of the month, but there is no link for that and there is no price shown. Anyone have anything on that?
    Just buy the CD and download the bonus tracks from a torrent site for free.

So I wanted the new album with the extra tracks but don't want to pay $76. I saw on their official web site that there was an extended download version available until the end of the month, but there is no link for that and there is no price shown. Anyone have anything on that?
    You can buy the bonus tracks on Qubuz

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/cl.../oqqp421laxpmc

I ordered the Deluxe CD/DVD set. I have not received it.... Bummer.

Absolutely loving this record. After repeat listens little nuances from Wilson's songwriting creeps in on you as you get used to the songs. It's one of the main reasons I love this stuff.....

Top 3 songs right now:
    Harridan
    Chimera's Wreck
    Dignity

What's great about a PT album is that next week that listen can and probably will change.

Keep spinning it folks!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Yep, that would be it, guess I had the year wrong. It was a very cool show! Don't think I knew there was video.
    Probably the most famous thing I've ever filmed...but I don't think any of the Youtube postings give me credit --Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    Probably the most famous thing I've ever filmed...but I don't think any of the Youtube postings give me credit --Peter
    Peter, do you have a digital copy of that good recording of Anekdoten from that festival (or the other Progscape, I forget)? I think Peter Thelen recorded it. I have or had it on cassette, but would love to get an MP3 copy or something.

Not a popular opinion I’m sure, and I don’t wish to be negative to a band I’ve loved, but after a week with this album I feel it is just ok and isn’t much grabbing me at all. There are a few tracks that I enjoy and a bunch of average tunes. There’s nothing that comes close to being in my PT top 20. I’m happy at the moment that I only went for the single CD, and it doesn’t feel like a grower and if I’m brutally honest I prefer To The Bone

Peter, do you have a digital copy of that good recording of Anekdoten from that festival (or the other Progscape, I forget)? I think Peter Thelen recorded it. I have or had it on cassette, but would love to get an MP3 copy or something.
    I have about 45 minutes of Anekdoten on CD-R from the first ProgScape; for some reason I think that's only half of their performance. I think it's from the soundboard and whoever I was trading with at the time never got me the rest of the show. I believe raw soundboards exist for all the bands except Discipline (at least back in the day when I was trying really hard to track down a copy of their performance none seemed to be forthcoming, even from very well-connected people).

As for Porcupine Tree - at the time they played ProgScape they had an open taping and trading policy. This supposedly went by the wayside once they had signed to a label a year or two later and thus the video, to my knowledge, was never uploaded in it's uncompressed format on Dimeadozen. I also heard from second-hand sources that Steve Wilson was not too happy about the video because the DAT with all their sound samples had been left at the NYC club they'd played the night before.

--Peter

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    qobuz gives you the same bonus tracks for the same $6.99 price, but the ptree site also includes the 7 main tracks from the CD as instrumentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Not a popular opinion I’m sure, and I don’t wish to be negative to a band I’ve loved, but after a week with this album I feel it is just ok and isn’t much grabbing me at all. There are a few tracks that I enjoy and a bunch of average tunes. There’s nothing that comes close to being in my PT top 20. I’m happy at the moment that I only went for the single CD, and it doesn’t feel like a grower and if I’m brutally honest I prefer To The Bone
    That's roughly how I feel right now as well. It's an interesting post-script and a nice diversion from what Wilson's doing lately but not a key piece of the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    These are precisely my feelings on the album. It’s alright, but really not much more than that.
    I review and blog at www.lazland.org

I like the new album. It does not offer much that is really new but it neatly combines many different aspects of the Gavin Harrison era PT and Steven Wilson solo albums.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

I had an order in from May at ImportCDs, who previously had not failed me. They failed me.
    I emailed them Monday because I didn't get any ship notice, then they responded yesterday that it was backordered. Screw them. I cancelled the order and ordered from Burning Shed.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    I had an order in from May at ImportCDs, who previously had not failed me. They failed me.
    I emailed them Monday because I didn't get any ship notice, then they responded yesterday that it was backordered. Screw them. I cancelled the order and ordered from Burning Shed.
    I have a pending order from Import CDs that was placed more than 2 weeks ago but still waiting. An order to Canada takes about 10 business days even after clearing customs.

I also checked on the PT/C/C Cd version but it displays as backordered. I always check that before placing a new order because there are no guarantees it will be back in stock especially if it is an out of print item CD or LP.

I'm kind of surprised you only listened to "To the Bone" once. I think there are some great songs on there, especially the title track and "Refuge." I can listen to those songs over and over.
    I honestly forced myself to listen to it all the way through the first ime, and couldn't wait for it to end! I haven't had any reason to go back to it, the bad taste in my mouth remains!
    And just to say, I appreciate his eclectic tastes, I just couldn't wrap my head around, to my ears, this drastic change in direction. I don't view him as a good pop writer.

I am really surprised at all of the negative comments. I am totally digging the album. Still need to give it some more listens, but for me it is prime Porcupine Tree.