Thread: An Evening Of Conversation with Robert Fripp and David Singleton North American Tour

An Evening Of Conversation with Robert Fripp and David Singleton North American Tour

An Evening Of Conversation with Robert Fripp and David Singleton North American Fall Tour 2022

Robert Fripp is a founding member of King Crimson, contributor and collaborator with Brian Eno, David Bowie, Daryl Hall, David Sylvian, Peter Gabriel, Posh Poppers Toyah Willcox and Simon Darlow, and a lot of other totally excellent people. Originating director of the Guitar Craft and Guitar Circle program. Since Covid and lockdown he has been kicking received opinion via social media with Toyah & Robert’s Sunday Lunch.

David Singleton established DGM with Robert Fripp in 1993 and has reluctantly managed King Crimson since 2018. David is King Crimson’s producer and author of The Vicar Chronicles.

An endless stream of people ask Fripp burning questions, many of which are actually not even quite smoldering. In most cases they would be better answered by David Singleton. This is an opportunity to ask both Fripp and Singleton the questions that get them out of bed in the morning.

Where does Music come from? What does it take to survive the music business? When does the impossible become possible? Can Music change the world? Why did Fripp put on a tutu and dance to Swan Lake at the end of his garden? Who is The Vicar?

Tour Dates:
    September 16 - Toronto, ON - Royal (tickets)
    September 17 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda (tickets)
    September 18 - Quebec City, QC - Imperial Bell (tickets)
    September 19 - Syracuse, NY - Carrier Theater (tickets)
    September 21 - Ridgefield, CT - Ridgefield Playhouse (tickets)
    September 22 - Boston, MA - City Winery (tickets)
    September 23 - New York, NY - City Winery (tickets)
    September 24 - Albany, NY - Swyer Room (tickets)
    September 27 - Red Bank, NJ - The Vogel (tickets)
    September 28 - Philadelphia, PA - City Winery (tickets)
    September 30 - Washington, DC - City Winery (tickets)
    October 1 - Annapolis, MD - Ram’s Head Live (tickets)
    October 2 - Oakmont, PA - Oaks Theater (tickets)
    October 5 - Cleveland, OH - Music Box Supper Club (tickets)
    October 8 - Milwaukee - Wilson Theater-Marcus Center (tickets)
    October 9 - Chicago, IL - City Winery (tickets)

For more information: www.dgmlive.com

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 1-828-350-8158 (US), glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 06-25-2022 at 09:56 PM.

As usual, nothing West of the Mississippi. In fact, barely anything West of the Appalachians.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    As usual, nothing West of the Mississippi. In fact, barely anything West of the Appalachians.
    Yeah seems more like a regional tour.

Is it just me or this press release unusually difficult to parse? It took me a couple readings to clarify that people wouldn't be asking Fripp not-quite-smoldering questions at the event the press release is advertising.

Also the answers to the questions are (1) an ineffable void (2) Infinite drive, total shamelessness, and rich parents (3) when it's performed (4) no (5) because Toyah said so and (6) to know you must first identify the vicarage.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    September 16 - Toronto, ON - Royal (tickets) = Four hours from Ottawa
    September 17 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda (tickets)Two hours from Ottawa
    September 18 - Quebec City, QC - Imperial Bell (tickets) Six hours from Ottawa

All within reason!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    Is it just me or this press release unusually difficult to parse? It took me a couple readings to clarify that people wouldn't be asking Fripp not-quite-smoldering questions at the event the press release is advertising.
    Per DGM's mailing: "Burning questions and topics of conversation can be posted on the forum, sent by email to iona@dgmhq.com or asked on the night."
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Per DGM's mailing: "Burning questions and topics of conversation can be posted on the forum, sent by email to iona@dgmhq.com or asked on the night."
    Ahh I get it now. I was somewhat confused that they would include a phrase which translates to "people ask Fripp a lot of not-that-interesting questions" in the press release for an event where people will be allowed to ask Fripp questions. But Singleton takes the boring ones.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Boy I'm tempted.

But after looking at ticket prices, i'mma be passing.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Boy I'm tempted.

But after looking at ticket prices, i'mma be passing.
    No kidding.
    The same seat that I bought to see Stick Men in the same venue a week or so later than this would cost me $60 more.
    And I'm not sure that I'd go even if it was free.