Thread: Ben Craven "Monsters From The Id"

Ben Craven "Monsters From The Id"

I am completely under this album's spell. Help me!!!
    The Prog Corner

Great review! Thanks
    I have this on my want list. Will hopefully buy it soon.

I would like to know what Dr. Scott had before doing the video.
    (hope it's some sort of hot beverage)

Yeah, I like it too.

This is Ben's best yet. I don't really do symphonic (apart from the originators of the style) but Ben Craven is the exception. This album has a big and, at times, bombastic sound but Ben carries it off perfectly.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

TESTING TESTING

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, listened to this last night, and have to agree it’s quite a ride. Sort of like if Danny Elfman and David Gilmour collaborated with…some very good vocalist. But there are so many nods to other Prog bands, like ELP and Genesis, without sacrificing originality. A lot of fun. I’ll most likely order the CD from the Band Wagon USA.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, listened to this last night, and have to agree it’s quite a ride. Sort of like if Danny Elfman and David Gilmour collaborated with…some very good vocalist. But there are so many nods to other Prog bands, like ELP and Genesis, without sacrificing originality. A lot of fun. I’ll most likely order the CD from the Band Wagon USA.
    I ordered it myself from Band Wagon just yesterday. I head heard it once on progstreaming but didn't revisit. Because of the OP's thoughts, I took more listens and it inspired me to buy.