Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phideaux - Infernal

Phideaux - Infernal

Didn't Phideaux say the new album was due for Spring Equinox 2013 ?
    That was yesterday!
    I'm really anticipating this one!
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I could definitely go for a Phideaux phix.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm about two albums behind at the moment, if I don't get myself sorted I'll be three behind.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm looking forward to this release as well. No replies from Phideaux himself? Did we lose him here? He used to frequent the old PE site. Maybe he's just too busy? Hopefully we'll hear from him soon.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    He's posted here recently. I'm sure he'll be along eventually.

Yes he's probably busy finishing the album. I teased him about the Spring Equinox release date on his Facebook page but he didn't respond.
    It seems nothing ever goes as planned with Phideaux but he never disappoints.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Jefferson James
    Not to be a dropper of names but my girlfriend and I shared a delightful lunch with Phideaux last weekend and the gist I was getting was he and the band are in preparations for their upcoming appearance at Terra Incognita in Quebec at the moment.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Bump. Looking forward, etc. Progarchives has this listed already as an LP (which would angry me, for I myself are glad we got rid of those stupid black things...).

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm about two albums behind at the moment, if I don't get myself sorted I'll be three behind.
    Snowtorch is great, possibly his finest.

It will come eventually. PX is a perfectionist and I get the feeling that he is as bummed out as we are that it isn't finished yet. Give him time and space, I'm sure he will deliver in a big way when he is ready. Don't forget, the man's an Emmy-award winning director on General Hospital!

Any news on this? It already has 13 ratings at PA

Supposedly PX and co are going to be entering the studio in May to finish the thing off.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    Any news on this? It already has 13 ratings at PA
    Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Supposedly PX and co are going to be entering the studio in May to finish the thing off.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    It will come eventually. PX is a perfectionist and I get the feeling that he is as bummed out as we are that it isn't finished yet. Give him time and space, I'm sure he will deliver in a big way when he is ready.
    This is all you need to know.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Hello Folks, it's late, paper late in fact... For a very important date. I wouldn't hold my breath. And how on earth does it have 13 ratings ???? I'm going to be accused of sending my legion of fans over to ProgArchives!

Thanks for the interest, I vow to get to it as soon as possible. We will be releasing it on vinyl as well as double CD. More info later....

Thanks Phideaux for the update. A double CD? Woo...Whoo! Can't wait, you and your superb group never leaves one disappointed. How's your other project Mogon going? What new do you have in store for us there? Always interested!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phid3aux View Post

Thanks for the interest, I vow to get to it as soon as possible. We will be releasing it on vinyl as well as double CD. More info later....
    Double? Sweet!

Was lucky enough to score Terra Incognita tix (sold out) after we already had the trip paid for.
    Was really hoping to come home with a shiny new Phideaux CD, but looks like I'll have to wait

Really psyched to see them again. And RPWL! Woo Hoo!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

As others have already said, "Double CD?" Excellent!!!
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Sorry, Jimmy, we were hoping (counting on it, actually) to have the shiny new title available at Terra Incognita! But, this just means we'll have to put on some record release party/show when the album comes out...

As for Double CD -- I figured I had done every silly overblown, pretentious gimmick in music but the double album. Isn't the double album the height of folly? It's like Icarus' wax wings... And so, as I started working on Infernal I realized there was a lot more material than just one album and so I let it spread its wings. Now, we have too much music to fit on 2 LPs. It's approximately 98ish minutes. There is one song that has been cut (and would benefit from the use of "destructive" editing to erase it completely) another that was recorded as a bonus track using some of the album motifs. A third chunk of music that will go was previously a linking "transition" that I'm now thinking harms the song it links to, so I'm going to do an odd ball fade out/space echo noise transition instead and let the new song just emerge beautifully and effortlessly out of the fog. This also helps take a 26 minute "side" of the album down to a more manageable 23 minutes!

So, there are many things left to iron out.

Also, because Doomsday Afternoon has been out of print for about a year, we are making an upgraded new version to release simultaneously with Infernal. In fact, Doomsday Afternoon and a remixed "re-envisioned" version of The Great Leap will be out on vinyl as a result. Because both those albums are 60ish minutes, they are 3 sided LPs and therefore will be released together as a 3 LP version (sharing side 3's). Only The Great Leap will have some bonus track material (to round out a slightly short "side 3".

Therefore, prepare for a simultaneous issue of:

Infernal (2LP Gatefold)
    Infernal (2CD in mini LP gatefold)
    AND
    The Great Leap/Doomsday Afternoon (3 LPs in 2 Gatefold covers)
    The Great Leap (CD in mini LP gatefold)
    Doomsday Afternoon (CD in mini LP gatefold)

WONDERFUL!!!!

Very exciting. To hear both Great Leap and Doomsday Afternoon on vinyl will be special. But no Number Seven on vinyl! I would be great to hear The Search For Terrestrial Life on vinyl. I just love that tune. Best thing is always new stuff of course so can't wait for that. P&P for all that vinyl to the UK might be as much as the albums right enough. I'll need to make some savings on my monthly music buying budget my better half allows me to make up for it ;-)

NP; The Search For Terrestrial Life (Number Seven)

That's a deep cut to love, yeswave! Thanks indeed. We played that one live last year and it was a lot of fun. It will be on our upcoming live album, which was recorded at Orion Studios last year after Snowtorch. I'm working with Rich Mouser right now on that. He's mixing the album, and we are now sorting through different takes of the songs. We did the show 2 x and also recorded some rehearsals. So, while the main show turned out mostly great, we might steal a chorus or two from a rehearsal or night #1. But, Search will be on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phid3aux View Post
    Therefore, prepare for a simultaneous issue of:

Infernal (2LP Gatefold)
    Infernal (2CD in mini LP gatefold)
    AND
    The Great Leap/Doomsday Afternoon (3 LPs in 2 Gatefold covers)
    The Great Leap (CD in mini LP gatefold)
    Doomsday Afternoon (CD in mini LP gatefold)
    Cool.Can these LP's be pre-ordered ?

Look forward immensely to a live album. I really enjoy the live stuff off Phideaux/ Mogon. Don't release it at the same time as the other albums though. A 4 week break and my music buying budget renews!