Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phideaux - Infernal

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

LOL. Do I need to clear any copyright to make that into a t-shirt?

Are there any plans for any more live shows this year? After recently seeing a fantastic gig by Steve Hackett, and now anticipating an equally stellar show by Steven Wilson next week here in L.A., the only way to satisfy my unquenchable thirst even more for great live prog this year would be a Phideaux show.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Our only gig this year is to be in Quebec, although we might try to plan something for the release of Infernal.

And I wouldn't worry about us releasing too many things simultaneously this year, as it's hard enough to release one thing. That was just a list of stuff that's in the pipeline...

Our only gig this year is to be in Quebec, although we might try to plan something for the release of Infernal.

I hope an Infernal release gig in L.A. happens. I'm just really into seeing the band live, and hope that's sooner than later. Regardless I support you and look forward to the new albums, studio and live.

Oh nice! That Orion show rocked! So glad I was there. Can't wait to hear it again!

And we're queued up for the Terra Incognita show tomorrow. YAY!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Has this project been shelved completely? Seems like it's been forever and there is absolutely no news about it anywhere.

The last I heard, PX hopes to get it out before his next gig.

It seems like it might have been bootlegged since there are five ratings of it on progarchives despite no official release yet. So far I've heard "snowtorch" and the one before it(can't remember it's name)and really like both of them. Great band!

Phideaux was the band that opened the door to modern music. Before that, I was listening to Genesis and saying things like "New music sucks!". Thanks for opening my mind, Phideaux!
    Last edited by zombywoof; 05-21-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Infernal is Autoanticipate and Autobuy for me.

I hope PX isn't following in the footsteps of Anglagard and Citizen Cain, with many years between releases. But I am also confident that like the previously mentioned, when Infernal does arrive, it with be a top notch high quality album of pure prog bliss. Hope the wait is over soon. Oh Phideaux, where are you? Can you chime in?

/bump up

Any news on this release?
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Well, Number 7 1/2 seems to have been permanently shelved, let's hope Infernal doesn't meet the same fate.

Mr Xavier has been conspicuous by his absence from these parts. Maybe he's busy at work chruning out this latest epic.

I would be remiss if I didn't post in a Phideaux thread to proclaim my preference for his earlier works like The Great Leap and Ghost Story...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

One of the members of Xavier's band, keyboardist Johnny Unicorn has created a post on the What's Up, What's New page announcing a new solo album of his. When I have the time, I'll PM him and ask about Phideaux. Or someone else might try too. I met him last year, so I think he'll probably reply.

Johnny Unicorn is a member here. I saw him posting about a new disc he released. I remember because I chuckled at his name. I was thinking that if that's his real name I feel sorry for him. If he changed his name to that then I feel even sorrier!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Johnny Unicorn is a member here. I saw him posting about a new disc he released. I remember because I chuckled at his name. I was thinking that if that's his real name I feel sorry for him. If he changed his name to that then I feel even sorrier!
    His real last name is Narwhale.

I saw this on another website, apparently from Phideaux's Facebook page on Sept 6:

"I have had such an amazing time this week doing the FINAL vocals for my upcoming album, Infernal. Things have changed and morphed so dramatically, it's gratifying. I now truly am on the slope down and we only have a few tiny final bits of guitar to do and then we can mix. Soooon - the end is coming."

Finally!!!!

Great news! He couldn't be a nicer chap, and his talented band gets better and better with each release. Infernal is long overdue, but I'm certain the wait will be worth it.

Today is Spring equinox which means it is now 4 years since Phideaux has first announced the imminent release of Infernal. Let's all wish a happy birthday to this thread and hope that 2017 will finally see Infernal reach completion.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Snowtorch is great, possibly his finest.
    I agree wholeheartedly. There are, however, some folks I know who prefer Doomsday Afternoon and Chupacabra.
    The think I like most about Snowtorch is the classic Tull vibe I hear, especially on keys.

Jefferson James
    Please, Phideaux, enough with the silent treatment.

Snowtorch is my favorite Phideaux album; there's some great ELP-ish moments, density and intensity, anchored by cool grooves and sinewy segues. Fascinating lyrics.

Jon Neudorf
    I agree Kerry. Snowtorch is a fabulous album. I don't know if it's my favourite but it's definitely up there.

I too would love to hear new music.

I was surprised to find that there is actually a full track list on Wikipedia.

Here's hoping we may actually see this album in 2018!!