Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Todd Rundgren's Utopia - live in Atlanta 1973

WhooHoo! Live Sale Continues!

Due to a glitch with our email Newsletter subscribers over the weekend WhooHoo! Live has decided to extend the sale till Monday June 3rd so our Newsletter subscribers have the opportunity to take advantage of the sale. Thanks and enjoy the continued sale :-)

20% off ALL live audio concerts including the new REMASTERED Emerson Lake and Palmer and Todd Rundgren releases.

The sale ends June 3rd at Midnight PST (Pacific Standard Time)… Happy 20% Off Sale :-)

http://www.whoohoolive.com

And don't miss this week's FREE MP3 over 15 minutes of music! "Fanfare For The Common Man - America - Rondo" a sneak preview from the upcoming new Remastered Emerson Lake & Palmer "Live In Germany 1997" release date to be announced soon!

http://www.whoohoolive.com/products-...3-of-the-week/

I only want a great live recording from the RA tour !

This is the first time I've felt like the young kid on a forum! I first saw Todd/Utopia for the Ra/Oops! show at The Suffolk Forum on LI, NY. I believe it was 1978? I was so bummed that they scaled down the whole RA set, after my sister described the whole thing for me, after seeing him/them just about everywhere. Calderone Theater in Hempstead LI, I know was a regular haunt for her friends. Well back to my first show. (I didn't even know they'd have an 'opening act') All I knew was Todd was a jokester and put this fake band up to play, or so I thought. Why it said "Cheap Trick" right on the drums! This dude who looked like Sach from The Bowery Boys, bopping his head back and forth standing on his monitor in front of me, to the opening chords of "Elo Kiddies" - Yes they shook the "prog-rock' mold that was getting old, but wasn't this progress if nothing else? - Oh yeah, Todd, Kasim, Roger, and Willie, were great as well! - Thanks Kathie! If it wasn't for my big sis, I'd never had gotten into this obscure fantastic artist! (Tony too!)

I have a RA live on VHS that I got at a "Record Collectors Convention" back in the 80's. You can find it on YouTube now I believe. Otherwise I'd offer to 'dupe' a 10th generation copy for ya! The performance is a little lacking. Seems to be in Holland or some such uptight Northern European country. The audience sits there awaiting entertainment. Surely this isn't Long Island~!