Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Television - Marquee Moon

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I’m not a big indie guy, but another album my son got me into recently is Neutral Milk Hotel’s “In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.” Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I’m not a big indie guy, but another album my son got me into recently is Neutral Milk Hotel’s “In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.” Good stuff!
    "Holland, 1945" is best at extreme volume.

I ripped Marquee Moon from a coworker's copy eons ago. It's not something I play often but it scratches a very particular itch. If there's anything else like it, I'd like to hear it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    They opened on Peter Gabriel's first solo tour. I had never heard of them and it wasn't something I would normally listen to at that time but their performance at the Capital Theater in NJ really impressed me. A couple of weeks later at the NYC show I made sure to arrive early enough to see them again. I do recall the guitar playing as something that really stood out for me especially Richard Lloyd. I have the album and in rare times when I play it or hear it played on the radio it brings back great memories of those shows.
    Didn't know that, and kept my ear to the ground and was a member of the Genesis Information Fan Club around that time. Hard to believe they didn't feature that in the 'zine, but things is whut they iz.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Brand new genre.
    Jag lyssnar på populat musik.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Jag lyssnar på populat musik.
    Or translated into trivial Norwegian; Jeg lytter til populat musikk.

Populat is only a singulat estimat, though. To feed the darthole fart whole of da califat.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I tried that one too a few years ago and it didn't do much for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Or translated into trivial Norwegian; Jeg lytter til populat musikk.

Populat is only a singulat estimat, though. To feed the darthole fart whole of da califat.
    Är det populat? Bokmål eller Nynorsk?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

There are many great bands within and without the Elephant Six orbit. Olivia Tremor Control and Summer Hymns are certainly worthy of a listen (if not more). Good people, too.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Är det populat? Bokmål eller Nynorsk?
    "Populat" wasn't actually a word until i misspelled "popular" in this thread. In Norwegian it would be "populær" or "populært". But now that we've got a new word and genre, things are looking better for the future as a hole and for mankind in it. Mankinda like root canal.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM