Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A demo of "The Procter Hall Overture" from the concept album "The Riemann Hypotesis"

  1. #1
    Member hFx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    641

    A demo of "The Procter Hall Overture" from the concept album "The Riemann Hypotesis"

    I present you with a demo of "The Procter Hall Overture" - the first track of my upcoming double concept album "The Riemann Hypothesis". The album has today, May 14 been exactly 10 years in the works, so it's time to give ppl a glipse... The album is close to finished but still need some work. Hopefully not another 10 years...

    I invite you to a 9 minute eventful exclusive journey - I'll take the track down tomorrow and the next time you'll see/hear it is when the album is (or nearly) finished. I recommend good speakers or headphones - close your eyes and come along.

    https://soundcloud.com/hfxx/the-proc...l-demo/s-ko0jU
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

  2. #2
    Says it's a bad link....
    If a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
    and a dog can dream
    should it be impossible
    that a man might supervise the construction of light?

  3. #3
    Member hFx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Says it's a bad link....
    Works here - maybe a glitch...
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    I present you with a demo of "The Procter Hall Overture" - the first track of my upcoming double concept album "The Riemann Hypothesis". The album has today, May 14 been exactly 10 years in the works, so it's time to give ppl a glipse... The album is close to finished but still need some work. Hopefully not another 10 years...

    I invite you to a 9 minute eventful exclusive journey - I'll take the track down tomorrow and the next time you'll see/hear it is when the album is (or nearly) finished. I recommend good speakers or headphones - close your eyes and come along.

    https://soundcloud.com/hfxx/the-proc...l-demo/s-ko0jU
    Sounds really good! Very well done. Interested to hear more!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

    www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

  5. #5
    Member hFx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Farpoint Kevin View Post
    Sounds really good! Very well done. Interested to hear more!
    Thanks! Much appreciated! I'll keep you posted about the progress!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

  6. #6
    Sounds great!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  7. #7
    Member Koreabruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chuncheon, South Korea
    Posts
    1,154
    Quite cool! I really enjoyed that. I take it that these are the themes that are developed through the entire album. I'm definitely interested to hear the rest. Thanks much for sharing!

  8. #8
    Now it works. Quite nice! I like the juxtaposition of nearly static parts with extremely dynamic parts. I hear hints of Yes, Rush, and other "influences", but it's definitely it's own thing.
    If a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
    and a dog can dream
    should it be impossible
    that a man might supervise the construction of light?

  9. #9
    Member hFx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Sounds great!
    Thanks Battema!

    Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Quite cool! I really enjoyed that. I take it that these are the themes that are developed through the entire album. I'm definitely interested to hear the rest. Thanks much for sharing!
    Thanks Bruce - that's the purpose of an overture and yes, in some ways the following pieces will be inspired by the themes or at least the style of arrangement will be developed and a few other directions taken in the process...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Now it works. Quite nice! I like the juxtaposition of nearly static parts with extremely dynamic parts. I hear hints of Yes, Rush, and other "influences", but it's definitely it's own thing.
    Good to hear and thanks! Yes (!!) I am quite fond myself of music which is not too static and predictable - without derailing though... You've picked some of the influences out of my personal melting pot, but it definitely doesn't stop there.
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •