Thread: Chris Farlowe

Chris Farlowe

Out of Time: A Film About Chris Farlowe Teaser

https://vimeo.com/298649352

J. Hresko always loved him.

Not.

I can give or take Farlowe myself, but there are moments on the Colosseum Live where he's a total king of utter gutwrench. What an amazing energy that whole live document has! And Hiseman is a true monster on it too.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I want to see this.

I'm with Chris. I don't give a shit what they think about him, as long as I love his singing.

Yeah, his voice can be a little hard to take, but once you've got it, you've got it. "Out of Time" is just a monster.
    Lou

Mr. Bruno's wardrobe furnished by Botany 500.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I love his singles Handbags & Gladrags, Out Of Time, & Think. I was less enamored with his Atomic Rooster work.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post

Yeah, his voice can be a little hard to take, but once you've got it, you've got it.
    Exactly... Colosseum were one of those bands I had heard about forever but never actually heard up until about 20 years ago. I read a glowing review of a "Live" CD re-issue and ran out to Tower and bought it.

Came home popped it in my player and thought WTF is this??! This is the most annoying singer I have ever heard!! Serves me right buying something based on some stupid online review!

Of course within a month or two the disc was on regular rotation in my player and I have subsequently bought every official Colosseum release including the amazingly good BBC sessions box.

Nice to see there is still a version of the band out there recording and touring, fronted by Mr. Farlowe, age 80? or at least close to it.

He's 81 and will be 82 in October. Pretty impressive that he's still out there giving it his all.

I have the Jimmy Page album....Outrider. Chris Farlowe is on that album. Damn good.

^^^ Thanks for the heads up on this. I never knew Farlowe was on "Outrider". The album got slagged in the press quite a lot when it came out so I never bothered acquiring it or trying to hear it. Nothing ever got on Philly rock radio. And none of my Zep-head friends ever bought it either. They all seemed to lose interest in Page after the first Firm album. These days of course hearing anything is just a matter of a few clicks on Youtube. So I have done that...

Side 2 (with Farlowe) is indeed damn good. I wish Page had used him on the whole album!