Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Camel: Snow Goose Live (October 28th, Barbican Hall, London)

Oops my attention wavered for a day and I nearly missed this, but just secured a few seats in the circle. Just ecstatically happy to be there really!

Still circle and balcony left if anyone is wavering, and the website worked very easily for me.

Really pleased to get tickets for this...only found out because one of my mates is on the Barbican mailing list and knew I was a fan. I first saw Camel in Reading (UK) Town Hall...doing The Snow Goose! Saw them a few more times in London over the next 2 decades but after their 'farewell tour' in 2003 I always regularly visited the CP website to see if there was any chance of another tour - but had given up hope really.

Should be a great evening - lets hope a full-blown tour materialises.

Had similar problems with the website as described by others but now have two actual tickets for the stalls in my hand - fast service from the Barbican. See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by martine View Post
    Really pleased to get tickets for this...only found out because one of my mates is on the Barbican mailing list and knew I was a fan. I first saw Camel in Reading (UK) Town Hall...doing The Snow Goose! Saw them a few more times in London over the next 2 decades but after their 'farewell tour' in 2003.
    We have had similar journeys, my first ever gig was The Snow Goose tour, in Southend-on-Sea, so I'm also delighted to be able to complete the circle.

MY wife has been bugging me for a city trip to London for years now, so this end of October she will finaly get it (with a visit to the Barbican)

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    MY wife has been bugging me for a city trip to London for years now, so this end of October she will finaly get it (with a visit to the Barbican)
    Oh you're all heart!

I am going from the U.S. I was wondering if there is any other music related activities to persue while in England. Any other concerts to see.
    Last time I was theree I saw the VDGG first reunion show and the next day saw Caravan in Oxford. Would like to do something similar if possible, any input would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I just hope she likes them! And gets lots of shopping while she's in London!

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    I am going from the U.S. I was wondering if there is any other music related activities to persue while in England. Any other concerts to see.
    Last time I was theree I saw the VDGG first reunion show and the next day saw Caravan in Oxford. Would like to do something similar if possible, any input would be greatly appreciated
    In the week before that Steve Hackett will be playing and on Oct 24 Cara Dillon will be performing @ Union Chapel. We got tickets for her as well so will be making it into an extended weekend in London hopefully catching some more gigs.

Camel have just added two more shows on their website. This time in Holland. And there will more..!

I'm hoping they will play more dates on the west side of London - like Twickerman, I can't stand the Barbican - it's a bugger to get to and for almost every show I've seen there - last one was the Pat Metheny Group - the sound was average at best and the place lacked atmosphere. I hope it's better for those of you going to this show - and that my misgivings about the venue prove false on this occasion.

I was at the Atlanta "show" at The Variety Playhouse that was cancelled right before showtime. I remember at that time Andrew posted that he hoped to come back to do the show at a later date.......Here's Hoping!!!

Yeah .. plane tickets are about $1100 apiece. Don't think I'll be able to swing it. Maybe if I had like 3 years to plan and save, but as it is, I'm trying to save for a down payment on a house (and not having much success so far). If they come across the pond, though, I'll probably find a way to make it. I know, probably a rather large "if".
    flute juice

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
    I'm hoping they will play more dates on the west side of London - like Twickerman, I can't stand the Barbican - it's a bugger to get to and for almost every show I've seen there - last one was the Pat Metheny Group - the sound was average at best and the place lacked atmosphere.
    I've just read - VDGG are doing their gig there again. Grrrrr.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Camel at Carnegie Hall!

I can dream, can't I?

Hi Hondo

Three days later on Friday 1st November, Steve Hackett is playing the last Genesis Revisted 2 show at Cambridge Corn Exchange. The downstairs will be all standing so it will be a fantastic atmosphere and Cambridge is a beautiful city to visit as well.

Tickets available here: http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/Tick...st&pid=7396438

Quote Originally Posted by Nov View Post
    Hi Hondo

Three days later on Friday 1st November, Steve Hackett is playing the last Genesis Revisted 2 show at Cambridge Corn Exchange. The downstairs will be all standing so it will be a fantastic atmosphere and Cambridge is a beautiful city to visit as well.

Tickets available here: http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/Tick...st&pid=7396438

Thanks for the heads up NOV, and yes I already got tix for that show. I also have Tix to the Birmingham Symphony Hall show (stalls), That I probably might not be able to attend. Any Ideas on how to get rid of these if I am unable to attend the Birmingham show????
    Thanks for any help in advance

Thanks for the heads up NOV, and yes I already got tix for that show. I also have Tix to the Birmingham Symphony Hall show (stalls), That I probably might not be able to attend. Any Ideas on how to get rid of these if I am unable to attend the Birmingham show????
    Thanks for any help in advance
    Try this thread about the Birmingham concert on a Genesis forum that I frequent:

http://genesisgts.conforums.com/inde...num=1349379457

Someone was looking for tickets a few days ago in this thread

Done, thanks for the heads up. I submitted the request through their email. In the 'about us' section of their website, dont know if this was the proper place to do this request? but Oh Well !!

Done and done, also!

neil

Done, thanks for the heads up. I submitted the request through their email. In the 'about us' section of their website, dont know if this was the proper place to do this request? but Oh Well !!
    That's where mine was done. I figure if they can read it it's the right place. Thank you.

Done as well.

It's done! Let them know how much we need a DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    It's done! Let them know how much we need a DVD!
    Well why don't they ask us themselves? I'm not convinced. Filming can put extra pressure on a band.