Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: New song lyrics video..Dreamer

  1. #1
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,625

    New song lyrics video..Dreamer

    Dreamer is a collaboration between myself and Marvin Cripps, who wrote the wonderful lyrics for this song.
    Once I read them, I was so inspired, I began writing the music.
    For this song, credit is given as The Cripps Hermans Project.

    The fun and whimsical cover was created by my wife Diana Hermans.
    Richard Hermans: Music, vocals and video
    Marvin Cripps: lyrics and suggestions
    Cover art: Diana Hermans



    also available on Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/precipice/dreamer
    Last edited by Top Cat; 1 Week Ago at 07:41 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  2. #2
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,207
    I like the video Richard - the music is quite nice.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  3. #3
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I like the video Richard - the music is quite nice.
    Thank you so much for listening/watching.
    You are always kind in your support and comments.
    I appreciate it/you a lot!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  4. #4
    Nice! Still getting nice Ian Anderson vibes, as well as some nice Rick Wright vocal vibes (always loved his voice, wish he'd continued to do more with Floyd in that regard)...but in the end it's most definitely you and your unique style

    Nice bonus, I have some of that Da Vinci artwork up in my house!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  5. #5
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Nice! Still getting nice Ian Anderson vibes, as well as some nice Rick Wright vocal vibes (always loved his voice, wish he'd continued to do more with Floyd in that regard)...but in the end it's most definitely you and your unique style

    Nice bonus, I have some of that Da Vinci artwork up in my house!
    Hey..O! John!
    Thanks for listening and for such great comments.
    Would you believe I don't have a single Tull recording in my library? love the guy, just never picked anything up. I was looking at some earlier vinyl reissue stuff to pick an LP up next Gift Card holiday.

    Richard Wright, I've always loved his contribution to Pink Floyd, and his keyboard playing and choice of textures adds a huge element to the band's music, but I guess Roger would disagree on that.
    Had read how Roger dissed Wright(I believe after Dark Side) or one album when he didn't want him back in the band and said really nasty things about him..lost all respect for him after that, but can't deny his(Roger's talent).
    Interesting you should mention Richard, it must've been shortly after I completed this song, I kept hearing this haunting melody in my head over and over, and I pinned it down to search Pink Floyd.
    Turned out it was Richard's song "Wearing the inside out"...I LOVE THAT SONG!

    One thing about the Da Vinci painting(drawing). I struggled for 2 days trying to find an image that was down to earth for the I am part, there was enough cosmic stuff going on, I wanted to ground everything. Then it clicked in my brain about this image I saw in my mind, the Da Vinci's The Vitruvian Man and knew that was the one.
    I didn't purposely choose the edited version, but I did kind of worry You Tube with it's weird algorithm's might flag a drawing with a penis in it. lol

    For anyone who might not remember this song, Here's the album version from the Division Bell of Richard singing Wearing the Inside Out.
    thanks again John.

    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  6. #6
    Member Guitarplyrjvb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    952
    Love the vocals, Richard!

  7. #7
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Love the vocals, Richard!
    thank you so much Joe.
    You doin ok?
    looking forward to your next song.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Hey..O! John!
    Thanks for listening and for such great comments.
    Would you believe I don't have a single Tull recording in my library? love the guy, just never picked anything up. I was looking at some earlier vinyl reissue stuff to pick an LP up next Gift Card holiday.

    Richard Wright, I've always loved his contribution to Pink Floyd, and his keyboard playing and choice of textures adds a huge element to the band's music, but I guess Roger would disagree on that.
    Had read how Roger dissed Wright(I believe after Dark Side) or one album when he didn't want him back in the band and said really nasty things about him..lost all respect for him after that, but can't deny his(Roger's talent).
    Interesting you should mention Richard, it must've been shortly after I completed this song, I kept hearing this haunting melody in my head over and over, and I pinned it down to search Pink Floyd.
    Turned out it was Richard's song "Wearing the inside out"...I LOVE THAT SONG!
    Yeah, Rick Wright was a big influence on me when I was first getting "up and running" with music. And when his vocals finally resurfaced on Division Bell (and then afterwards on Broken China), it was a real treat. I don't believe PF ever played Inside Out live, but Gilmour + Wright did it a number of times on the former's tours: https://youtu.be/5N7Asm83Gfs
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

    Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

  9. #9
    Member Guitarplyrjvb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    thank you so much Joe.
    You doin ok?
    looking forward to your next song.
    Yes! I'm well. I have a new tune or two over at Soundcloud. I'm trying to work the kinks out of a new rig since my old Zoom 9050 went belly-up!

  10. #10
    Cool video and song!
    Thank you for sharing.

  11. #11
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Cool video and song!
    Thank you for sharing.
    hi Ridge, thanks so much for watching and for commenting.
    I appreciate it a lot!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •