Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IQ - Subterranea Live - Triple Vinyl

IQ - Subterranea Live - Triple Vinyl

From the IQ Website:

Subterranea Live At De Boerderij - Vinyl

02 May 2022

We’re getting rather excited about the imminent (hopefully) arrival of the triple vinyl release of ‘Subterranea’ live at De Boerderij. This gorgeous package includes a triple gatefold sleeve featuring the prison bars on the front cover with a nifty ‘die-cut’ in between the bars (creating gaps in the cover so you can see the inner sleeve below). Pressed on three different colours of marbled vinyl, each disc has its own printed inner sleeve which shows through the bars of the front cover when placed in the first fold of the gatefold, essentially creating six different front covers!

To add to all this gorgeousness the package also comes with a six page full color lyric sheet featuring, er, the lyrics and the story of the show by Peter Nicholls.

We know you’re going to love this release - once we get confirmation of a delivery date we’ll add it to the IQ web store as a pre-sale. (end of news release)

We first heard about this last August from a Zoom interview with the Band. Two physical products were in the works....the Archive Collection and this Vinyl release. Peter wanted to pay homage to the ELP Welcome Back My Friends Triple Vinyl original release when he was a teen. It's totally over the top but hey.....it's Prog!

Personally, Yessongs was my over the top release when it came out. YMMV, IMHO, FFS

subbyvinyl2-7afb88f1.jpg
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Yeah, if this vinyl reissue has anything special about it aside from being on vinyl, and new artwork, they'd better reissue it on CD too! I was actually sort of hoping for a CD reissue of Subterranea similar to the anniversary reissues of The Wake and Ever, but this might rule that out.

Vinyl is toxic. What a terrible trend.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Whatever happened to the movie version? I don't think owning this collector's edition vinyl will make story more penetrable. Besides, I've heard from several people that some of these marbled and picture disc sound bad. Anyone experience similar?

^ Picture Discs always sound bad. I've never had trouble with marbled or colored vinyl, though.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Picture Discs always sound bad. I've never had trouble with marbled or colored vinyl, though.
    Same here. Colored vinyl is an entirely different beast than picture discs, which always sound inferior. I never go for those, but I collect lots of colored LPs and have never noticed a problem with them.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Isn't this the same show from 2019 that was just released on the Deluxe Box Set?
    But having it on vinyl would be great.
    Any comments on how the new cd release of it sounds?

I have the reissue on vinyl they released years ago. One LP has a defect with a couple of skips in it, but I never sent it back.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Isn't this the same show from 2019 that was just released on the Deluxe Box Set?
    But having it on vinyl would be great.
    Any comments on how the new cd release of it sounds?

I have the reissue on vinyl they released years ago. One LP has a defect with a couple of skips in it, but I never sent it back.
    I believe this is the studio album.

+1 for Sub live on CD. Bern looking for the prior release on CD for a while, while having to endure the MP3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by stickman393 View Post
    Vinyl is toxic. What a terrible trend.
    It's better than having youtube as your only way of listening.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I believe this is the studio album.
    It's the 2019 Live concert.
    This excerpt is from yesterday's Facebook post. From the latest IQ/GEP newsletter:
    We’re getting rather excited about the imminent (hopefully) arrival of the triple vinyl release of ‘Subterranea’ live at De Boerderij.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    It's the 2019 Live concert.
    This excerpt is from yesterday's Facebook post. From the latest IQ/GEP newsletter:
    We’re getting rather excited about the imminent (hopefully) arrival of the triple vinyl release of ‘Subterranea’ live at De Boerderij.
    Yes, this was in Post #1.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Yes, this was in Post #1.
    Yeah, not sure how I missed any of that! Oh well - carry on being excited!

I listened to the studio album for the first time in quite a bit yesterday. Man, it sure holds up! Even the shorter tracks are good, and important to the flow of the album. Some great choruses, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    OMG if only there were other music delivery formats available, other than YouTube and vinyl :-D

Single CD release would be more welcome! OK for collectors I suppose.

I have a copy of the original live version of Subterranea Live (with Martin on keys)when it was on VHS, and it's buried somewhere in my collection, but believe also the reissue on DVD.

This thing is still in the works....still looking for a slot in the manufacturing process according to IQHQ. They will start looking for an alternate plant soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Whatever happened to the movie version? I don't think owning this collector's edition vinyl will make story more penetrable. Besides, I've heard from several people that some of these marbled and picture disc sound bad. Anyone experience similar?
    I'll wait for the book.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Then burn it to disc from Youtube.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

This is finally up on the IQ store:
    https://shop.iq-hq.co.uk/products/su...1BUFuxDx9YbWRg

YIKES! & OUCH!
    60GBP + 35GBP signed Shipping! That's $115.94USD shipped the the West Coast USA.

Wonder if LE will be selling this. Significant savings on shipping if so.

Yup....that's a bundle.....but I spent that much on lawn fertilizer last week!
    Last edited by Garyhead; 03-20-2023 at 02:41 PM.

^ "Provider..."

IQ mentioned on a FB post that they will start shipping this title tomorrow 3/24.

Update - I just got my shipping notice today 3/23.
    Last edited by Garyhead; 03-23-2023 at 02:50 PM.

Gonna have to pass on this one, looks good tho.
    Same with Marillion's Seasons End Boxset on vinyl...out of my budget these days(ahhh, but it's still retirement) lol
    I'm going to wait for the release of must the vinyl remix in probably 6 months.
    They've released Holidays In Eden on vinyl now, for just the album.

The way vinyl is costing these days, I'd be better off investing in gold nuggets. lol

Wait a year for the vinyl. I found Misplaced Childhood LP box set on Amazon for $29.99 a few years ago as a blowout special! Wait till Amazon lists it then save it in a wishlist….you will see a notice every time the price changes. I’m doing that now with the Renaissance boxes….buy when they dip below $30.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Wait a year for the vinyl. I found Misplaced Childhood LP box set on Amazon for $29.99 a few years ago as a blowout special! Wait till Amazon lists it then save it in a wishlist….you will see a notice every time the price changes. I’m doing that now with the Renaissance boxes….buy when they dip below $30.00.
    Excellent..thanks for the Amazon advise.