Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 151

Thread: YES new album?

  1. #1

    YES new album?

    Is YES already working on a new album?
    Remarkably quick after the Quest if so!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sussex, England.
    Posts
    2,352
    It's good news if true, at least there's something going on. It's puzzling though that they did so little to promote The Quest but I hope they believe in it enough to play some of it live.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by yes123 View Post
    Is YES already working on a new album?
    Remarkably quick after the Quest if so!
    Do you have a source for your claim? Or are you just asking and don't know the answer?

  4. #4
    (aka timmybass69) timmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    central Texas
    Posts
    245
    I'd rather hear a full album from the Exo-X-Xeno project.
    But I wish Yes the best of luck on a new album.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

  5. #5
    Member Digital_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philly burbs PA
    Posts
    3,138
    I was a huge Yes fan for many years. They may very well be my favorite band of all time. However, I am tired of them at this point. They are obviously just in it for the fame and money and to have something to do. Rush and other bands had enough sense to hang it up after a key member passed away but not Yes. It's very hard for me to respect them at this point. Maybe from now on, I'll say Rush is my favorite all time band instead. Anyway, if Yes does put out a new album I will certainly have to listen to it before buying this time. The Quest was, unfortunately, mostly a snoozefest to me.
    You can't take a photograph of Uzis on a street corner.

  6. #6
    Member Digital_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philly burbs PA
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie87 View Post
    Do you have a source for your claim? Or are you just asking and don't know the answer?
    According to the new yes fans site(thenewyesfans.com) they are already in the recording stages for the new album. I don't know if I can post a specific link here but it should be easy enough to find if you go to that site.
    You can't take a photograph of Uzis on a street corner.

  7. #7
    According to Henry Potts at http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnyesm.htm

    New studio album
    The band are working on a new studio album. As of Apr 2022, recording was reported to be well advanced, with Paul K Joyce working on orchestrations, as he did on The Quest. In the Oct 2021 issue of Prog (#124), Downes said that the band are "already talking about the next" studio album. In a Jan 2022 interview, asked if they have any ideas for a new album, White replied, "We do, we always have ideas going around, and as soon as we complete one album, we start to think about ideas for the next one, and start sending things to each other and chatting about the next direction."
    Welcome to PE. If you want to watch old men argue about old musicians, you've come to the right place!

    jamesmanzi

  8. #8
    cunning linguist 3LockBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie87 View Post
    Do you have a source for your claim? Or are you just asking and don't know the answer?
    I took his question at face value, as in he didn't already know.

    More power to the guys for continuing to be creative, even if I don't currently have any use for it. I doubt they're doing it for fame and money. Most people I know never heard anything past Big Generator.

    I was at a guy's house several years ago when I noticed he had a CD copies of The Ladder and Magnification and he told me I was the first person he'd met locally that even knew Yes was still a recording/touring act past the '80s. He was aware of Keys to Ascension and saw Yes at The Gorge (WA) for that tour, but wasn't aware that Yes had come out with a new album (at the time) Fly From Here. He assumed they stopped after Anderson got sick.

    So if they've made enough money to keep the lights on good for them... whatever keeps 'em off the streets.

  9. #9
    Member IMWeasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    409
    I hope Yes puts out 10 more albums just to piss everyone off
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

  10. #10
    Member IMWeasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    409
    I'm just saying, like when I got into them in the late 90s as a teen and then got invited to this site, pretty much it was 80/20 hate for an incarnation of yes that still included Anderson and Wakeman -- after all these years, of course with all of the band splits and divisions, the hate is still about the same.

    I mean Yes fans had *the* classic lineup served to them on a platter for years and all they did was complain about Alan White not being Bill Bruford.

    The symphonic tour in 2001 was one of the best concerts I've ever been to, period. But you all literally told me at the time it wasnt "real yes". I'm just so sick of the gatekeeping in this band's fandom.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

  11. #11
    If The Quest is any indication of what the next album might be like, I'd be on board for that. I enjoyed it more than I expected to -- but regardless of my feelings, if they still want to make music, who am I to stand in their way?


    Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    I hope Yes puts out 10 more albums just to piss everyone off
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sussex, England.
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    I hope Yes puts out 10 more albums just to piss everyone off
    Yeah, the more snoozey the better [emoji6]

    Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    I hope Yes puts out 10 more albums just to piss everyone off
    Goddammit.

  14. #14
    Member Joe F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bothell, Washington
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I took his question at face value, as in he didn't already know.

    More power to the guys for continuing to be creative, even if I don't currently have any use for it. I doubt they're doing it for fame and money. Most people I know never heard anything past Big Generator.

    I was at a guy's house several years ago when I noticed he had a CD copies of The Ladder and Magnification and he told me I was the first person he'd met locally that even knew Yes was still a recording/touring act past the '80s. He was aware of Keys to Ascension and saw Yes at The Gorge (WA) for that tour, but wasn't aware that Yes had come out with a new album (at the time) Fly From Here. He assumed they stopped after Anderson got sick.

    So if they've made enough money to keep the lights on good for them... whatever keeps 'em off the streets.
    The Gorge show was the tour for Talk.

  15. #15
    Member Digital_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philly burbs PA
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    I'm just saying, like when I got into them in the late 90s as a teen and then got invited to this site, pretty much it was 80/20 hate for an incarnation of yes that still included Anderson and Wakeman -- after all these years, of course with all of the band splits and divisions, the hate is still about the same.

    I mean Yes fans had *the* classic lineup served to them on a platter for years and all they did was complain about Alan White not being Bill Bruford.

    The symphonic tour in 2001 was one of the best concerts I've ever been to, period. But you all literally told me at the time it wasnt "real yes". I'm just so sick of the gatekeeping in this band's fandom.
    Wow, late 90's is a weird time to first get into Yes. Even weirder than when I first got into them as a teen which was in the mid 80's.
    You can't take a photograph of Uzis on a street corner.

  16. #16
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    6,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I was a huge Yes fan for many years. They may very well be my favorite band of all time. However, I am tired of them at this point. They are obviously just in it for the fame and money and to have something to do. Rush and other bands had enough sense to hang it up after a key member passed away but not Yes. It's very hard for me to respect them at this point. Maybe from now on, I'll say Rush is my favorite all time band instead. Anyway, if Yes does put out a new album I will certainly have to listen to it before buying this time. The Quest was, unfortunately, mostly a snoozefest to me.
    I'm not a huge fan of late era Rush, but Clockwork "MF" Angels is a much, much stronger work than the last few Yes albums for me...maybe put together. I still think the last truly greatest Yes album is Talk, and maybe parts of Magnification.

  17. #17
    Member Digital_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philly burbs PA
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of late era Rush, but Clockwork "MF" Angels is a much, much stronger work than the last few Yes albums for me...maybe put together. I still think the last truly greatest Yes album is Talk, and maybe parts of Magnification.
    I like the Ladder and Mag but not much after that (I never even heard the entire H&E let alone owned it). I don't get the MF thing (yes, I know what it stands for- I just find it a bit juvenile). Clockwork Angels was Rush going out with at least a little bit of a bang and was their best album since Counterparts imo. I'm actually listening to TFE right now and it is one that has grown on me a lot(probably better than VT and S&A imo). Yeah, Yes probably should have called it quits after Chris passed away if not earlier.
    You can't take a photograph of Uzis on a street corner.

  18. #18
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I don't get the MF thing (yes, I know what it stands for- I just find it a bit juvenile).
    There was an origin to it, but I can't remember what it was, really. But at the time it made more sense.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  19. #19
    Member Koreabruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chuncheon, South Korea
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    There was an origin to it, but I can't remember what it was, really. But at the time it made more sense.
    I think Facelift started that one, IIRC.

    EDIT: Actually, it was Frumious.
    Last edited by Koreabruce; 05-01-2022 at 06:43 PM.

  20. #20
    Member Kcrimso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Espoo, Finland
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of late era Rush, but Clockwork "MF" Angels is a much, much stronger work than the last few Yes albums for me...maybe put together. I still think the last truly greatest Yes album is Talk, and maybe parts of Magnification.
    Yeah but Clockwork Angels was the first good Rush album in decades. And I prefer Magnification.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/

  21. #21
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,672
    We've enjoyed the Quest, and for me at least they've redeemed themselves.
    But I don't listen to it very much, it's not one I continually gravitate towards.
    I've pretty much closed the books on this version of Yes, and if I need a Yes fix, I have plenty of vinyl, cds and DVDs of the other lineups to enjoy.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  22. #22
    Member IMWeasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Wow, late 90's is a weird time to first get into Yes. Even weirder than when I first got into them as a teen which was in the mid 80's.
    Yeah sorry for being weird and not being a teen at the same time as you
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

  23. #23
    cunning linguist 3LockBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    The Gorge show was the tour for Talk.
    I assumed it was for KtA given the time frame he gave. My bad.

  24. #24
    Member Digital_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philly burbs PA
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    Yeah sorry for being weird and not being a teen at the same time as you
    Ha ha. No worries. I didn't mean that in a bad way!
    You can't take a photograph of Uzis on a street corner.

  25. #25
    I would rather Yes wait till they have enough quality material.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •