Thread: New Quarkspace Video Series

New Quarkspace Video Series

Compared to Church of Hed, I've been lax in producing any Quarkspace videos. This changes now with a new Quarkspace Video Series.

Starbridge Freaks 4 from the All These Suns album is the first video! The release is available on Bandcamp for those of you who support artists, and other digital music streamers as well. Spacerock meets Electronic Music creating its own prog-like surreal electronica. Check it out! Subscribe if so inclined!

As I add videos, I'll just update this here thread.

And here's the only other Quarkspace video I produced some 8 years ago.

Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

And here's a fresh Quarkspace video! This time out it's Starbridge Freaks 3 from Drop, an All Music Guide Top Pick, still available for free at our Bandcamp page.

Ride the psychedelic spacerock electronic music wave, or something like that!

Quarkspace on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths

The eons are closing
    Awesome - always enjoy listening to QS.
    Drop is actually the disc that gets played most

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Awesome - always enjoy listening to QS.
    Drop is actually the disc that gets played most
    Thanks for still listening to it after 21 years! I was surprised how fresh it still sounded to me when putting the visualizations together the other night. My perception of the passage of time sucks! 25 years-old Mouse on Mars, Stereolab, Orbital, Broadcast, etc. still sound state of the art to me! Ha!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

The mixing of The Father Road is now around 75 percent complete. Can't wait to release it!

We're still crafting new videos with trippy visualizations here at the studio, but most of the focus is obviously on the soon-come album. Nevertheless, here's the next video, Vazt also from Drop, an All Music Guide Top Pick available for free here at Bandcamp. Of course, donations accepted with thanks!

Vazt is a trippy synth-laden excursion into the surreal outer realms. Enjoy!

I've also decided to focus on creating YT videos for Drop, as it really doesn't have a presence there, being unreleased as far as digital music providers are concerned other than Bandcamp! Here's the playlist for Drop (on Video).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...YQsUps8wcTVhHS

Expect to be updated pretty regularly until the entire album resides on YT. I still plan on doing a few videos for The Father Road in tandem with its release.

Thanks for watching! Please consider subscribing!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

Awesome! I still have my ancient Quarkspace 1996 CD. Always great to hear more Quarkspace!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Awesome! I still have my ancient Quarkspace 1996 CD. Always great to hear more Quarkspace!
    Ancient indeed! All the Quarkspace releases are Bandcamp; everything minus Drop lurk elsewhere in the digital music-o-sphere.
    Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's another fresh Drop video; this time out it's Pavlovian Causeway, our Kraftwerk-ian psychedelic road trip through surreal landscapes.

We also crafted a new YouTube playlist, including more of those psychedelic road trips, in-studio and live. Check that out at the link below. Subscribe if so inclined!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...uEdI_gZLjodNg4

Thanks for watching and listening!

RIP, Alan!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's the "title track" from Drop, and probably the most Kosmische piece on the album. Go forth into space, travelers!

Quarkspace on Facebook

The eons are closing
    Loud and in the dark :thumbsup

This week's Drop video is The Lie, a bit of the space folk that made up a major part of our psychedelic sound. We channeled that post-Syd, pre-Dark Side Floydian vibe. However, 21 years later, Chet's voice reminds more and more of Cat Stevens.

Quarkspace on Facebook

This week's fresh Friday Quarkspace video is Sound Inside You, from Drop. This catchy track blends influences from Hawkwind, Roxy Music, and even Stereolab with the pulsing 303 and the female backing vox. Rated:

Quarkspace on Facebook

And now we have The Storm, a bit of spacey psychedelic pop not unlike The Beatles meeting Cat Stevens in a cannabis shop that also sells synths. I especially love Chet and Bevin's singing on this track. Fake mellotrons during the coda are always a treat!

I've got Church of Hed's The Father Road mastered from San Francisco to the Utah/Wyoming border, so I will be releasing a couple videos from that over the next couple weeks in preparation for its release. Then we'll get back to finishing off Drop's last four tracks.

Quarkspace on Facebook

The eons are closing
    Gonna smoke a pre-roll when after I get home from work this afternoon and put this on the OLED and soundbar... probably my fave from Drop.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Gonna smoke a pre-roll when after I get home from work this afternoon and put this on the OLED and soundbar... probably my fave from Drop.

That sounds fun. Enjoy the trip!
    Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's another video from Quarkspace's classic album, Drop! It's an All Music Top Pick available for free from our Bandcamp page. Bonnydoon mixes psychedelic spacerock, world music, and a touch of prog rock for your pleasure! Check it out and subscribe! Our Drop YouTube playlist now features 9 of the tracks from the album. Expect the rest of the tracks to be added soon.

https://quarkspace.bandcamp.com/album/drop

Quarkspace on Facebook

A Friday Fresh video from Quarkspace's classic album Drop, an All Music Top Pick available for free from our Bandcamp page. Spinning leads off the album in a concise fashion mixing psychedelic rock music and spacerock! As Percy Plant would say -- "Where's that confounded bridge!"

Subscribe and Support! Thanks!

Quarkspace on Facebook

And here's another Friday fresh video from Quarkspace's classic album Drop, an All Music Top Pick, available free from our Bandcamp page. Drop Out From The World is the surreal "title track" from Drop, featuring Beach Boys-esque psychedelic pop and prog rock. Support us by subscribing to our YouTube page or by purchasing a download or CD! Thanks!

Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's a video for Blanket Hill, the epic closing track from Quarkspace Drop - an All Music Top Pick available for free at Bandcamp, looks back at Kent State 1970 with Texas Beat Poet Laureate Thom Woodruff's spoken word performance. It combines psychedelic spacerock and electronic music with an intensity unrivaled in the Quarkspace canon. All of Drop is now available on YouTube. Check it out! Subscribe to our channel! Thanks for the support!

Quarkspace on Facebook

Here's a new Quarkspace video, Brainhaze, a bonus track on the Bandcamp version of Spacefolds 5. Hard-driving blanga-blanga psychedelic spacerock for you and you and you. Check it out, subscribe, and support!

Quarkspace on Facebook