Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New (mainly) prog blog & review site

New (mainly) prog blog & review site

After a number of years as a collaborator with Prog Archives, I have decided to set up my own little review and blog site. It is at www.lazland.org

Already quite a few 2022 new release reviews on there, I have started a top ten albums of each year, a few interviews with the likes of Edison’s Children and Panic Room, book reviews, and a fun Beer & News page which is a little blog piece with no politics, just a bit of fun and culture and importantly a real ale of the week running commentary from Wales.

Hopefully, it should appeal to some of you here. I have had quite a few decent comments (there is a link to contact me on the homepage), so I hope PE members enjoy.
    I review and blog at www.lazland.org

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Wow! How great is that. The site looks very interesting. I'll definitely revisit it.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

^ Best of luck with it!

Many thanks, guys. It is my little baby and I am really enjoying doing it.

Wow, very nice! I prefer using this PE forum for insight and my own comments on all things prog. However I've used PA for years for its reviews. And I have been very grateful for them, as they have given me many more opportunities to explore so many artists that I was unaware of. And the reviews have given me an idea as to if I'd like an album, based upon my own personal music tastes. So thank you for expanding the world of progressive rock album reviews and more. I've already bookmarked your site and look forward to visiting it frequently. It looks great, best of luck!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Wow, very nice! I prefer using this PE forum for insight and my own comments on all things prog. However I've used PA for years for its reviews. And I have been very grateful for them, as they have given me many more opportunities to explore so many artists that I was unaware of. And the reviews have given me an idea as to if I'd like an album, based upon my own personal music tastes. So thank you for expanding the world of progressive rock album reviews and more. I've already bookmarked your site and look forward to visiting it frequently. It looks great, best of luck!
    That’s really kind of you to say, so thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    cool blog.
    Cheers!

I'm going to have to bookmark your site.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Album Reviews of 2022 updated with reviews of Inner Prospekt and Salva.

Beer and News Page updated with a restaurant review.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm going to have to bookmark your site.
    Many thanks. Traffic has increased quite a bit over the past week, which is pleasing. I try to update it at least twice a week.

Top Ten Albums of 2016 added to the top ten albums by year page, a new beer of the week, and a new (classic Bowie) video of the week all added today. All of the top ten albums in each year, btw, have at least one video for people to view and listen too if they are no5 familiar with the album.

One of my favourite bands is Marillion too. I pefer Before Dark compared to FEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    One of my favourite bands is Marillion too. I pefer Before Dark compared to FEAR.
    I think that a lot of fans agree with you. I still lean towards FEAR, but it is damned close, and as I said in my review, the fact that we are even discussing this is a huge nod to a band who creatively just keep on giving us joy.

Reviews of Saxon and t added to Album Reviews 2022.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Great review of the new Marillion!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Great review of the new Marillion!
    Why, thank you!

I have also bookmarked your website, hoping to find musical inspiration in a fading compendium.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    I have also bookmarked your website, hoping to find musical inspiration in a fading compendium.
    Why, thanks very much. Hopefully you will find some really good new stuff in addition to reminiscing the classics!

Keep up the good work!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I have added top ten of 2015 to Top Ten Albums by Year. I thought this was an interesting year, actually.

If you go to Beer & News page, and click on Ukraine, you can find details of how you can mix enjoyable drinking and contributing to the aid effort in Ukraine. Also, if you are looking to buy Welsh beer, Ale of the Week page has some exciting news for those of you who live outside the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Keep up the good work!
    Cheers! Velvet Thunder has been bookmarked for a long time, and was one of the inspirations for me taking the plunge and doing my own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    Cheers! Velvet Thunder has been bookmarked for a long time, and was one of the inspirations for me taking the plunge and doing my own thing.
    That's great to hear!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    I have added top ten of 2015 to Top Ten Albums by Year. I thought this was an interesting year, actually.

If you go to Beer & News page, and click on Ukraine, you can find details of how you can mix enjoyable drinking and contributing to the aid effort in Ukraine. Also, if you are looking to buy Welsh beer, Ale of the Week page has some exciting news for those of you who live outside the UK.
    like this?

WP_20161008_006.jpg
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Well, Double Dragon is brewed by Felinfoel, which is another local brewery to me. It is fondly pronounced by non-Welsh speakers as Feeling Foul. The beer I am referring to on the site is brewed by Evan Evans, who are a brewery in Llandeilo. It was their chief who addressed us at my local pub on Wednesday.