Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New (mainly) prog blog & review site

As 2023 commences its journey, here in Lazland we begin the New Year as we intend to continue throughout the year by bringing you the best in music. And what better way to start the year by giving you a very detailed and wonderful interview with Stuart Nicholson, founder member and vocalist with Galahad?

Stuart's responses to my questions are so wonderfully detailed, including a great deal on the latest, superb, Galahad album The Last Great Adventurer, past Galahad highlights, side projects, and some incredibly personal recollections and his thoughts on comparisons with other bands and lazy sub-genre labels.

Stuart also provides us with some interesting comments on streaming. As ever with my interviews, I have included a large amount of music for you to listen to and enjoy. If you like what you hear, please do consider supporting the artist by buying the music.

Talking about buying, my commitment in 2023 remains that of 2022 - my website will remain absolutely advert-free and uninfluenced by major labels or other parties. On Lazland, what you see is really what you get, so please do enjoy, and thank you to everybody who continues to read and enjoy.

The interview is at https://lazland.org/interviews/stuart-nicholson-galahad

Enjoy!
    I review and blog at www.lazland.org

Tonight's update is a review of a really good EP by Baris Dai, a multi-instrumentalist based in Netherlands, which I think all lovers of quality ambient instrumental progressive music will enjoy.

Also, Video of the week is a certain Mr Gabriel with some short thoughts on my part.

For the first time in a wee while, a book review, that being a fascinating history of Cosa Nostra - simply click on the Book Reviews link at the top of the homepage.

Lastly, a heavy metal related Ale of the Week. Run To The Hills!

It is live reviews time on Lazland tonight. There is a review of Mostly Autumn's new live album, Back In These Arms, at https://lazland.org/further-2022-rev...arms-live-2022

Also, on Friday, I went with a friend to our local theatre to see UK Pink Floyd Experience. Very good, actually, and you can see my review at https://lazland.org/beer-news-1/gig-news

Video of the Week is Mostly Autumn performing Skin of Mankind at Summer's End.

The forthcoming week will see the first review of new 2023 music. Lazland is currently grooving to Maltese prog rockers, Pyramid Suns.

It is the first 2023 album review tonight, and it is a review of Malta's finest, Pyramid Suns, and their very impressive full-length debut album, Reflections. The link to the review is on the Homepage at www.lazland.org

The Video of the Week is the same band, with a live recording of Dust from the same album.

In the next week, I will post my thoughts on Riverside's latest. Since the CD dropped through the door last Friday night, it has had a few listens, and I am impressed.

Tonight's update is a review of the new Riverside album, ID.Entity. I love it. Simply go to the homepage at www.lazland.org, and click on the button link.

I am hoping to add two more reviews this week, namely the exceptional album by Damanek, Making Shore, and a band you probably will not have heard of, US outfit Half Shell.

If you buy no other album this year, ensure that you purchase Making Shore by Damanek.

Review uploaded to www.lazland.org this evening - simply click on the button on the homepage to read my review of a masterpiece.