Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New (mainly) prog blog & review site

New reviews of Somali Yacht Club and Alex Carpani added to New Albums of 2022 page.
    I review and blog at www.lazland.org

New review of Kaipa, Urskog, added to Album Reviews of 2022.

In addition to the exclusive interview with t, I have also uploaded a review of Return To The Earth's new album to Album Reviews of 2022, and video of the week this time features the late, great Alan White.

Enjoy.

Reviews of new albums by Pure Reason Revolution and Talisk (a Scottish modern folk band) added to Album Reviews of 2022.

Plus a couple of historic reviews of Transatlantic & Frequency Drift added to 2014 section of Album Reviews by Year Page.

Ale of the Week updated and some sports musings in the Beer & News Pages.

Album reviews updated with Comedy of Errors from 2013, and Airs, Hogarth & Barbieri, 3rd Degree, Steve Hackett, The Minstrel’s Ghost, and Mudway from 2012.

I am on holiday this week, so a busy one ahead.

Uploaded tonight.

Book Review page updated with All In It Together by Alwyn Turner.

Video of the Week - Bill Bruford.

Historic 2011 album reviews of Phideaux, VDGG, Arena, Jon Anderson, Majestic, Magnum, Believe & Rush added to 2011 section of Album Reviews by Year Page.

Website updated today with reviews of albums by Ou, Von Hertzen Brothers, and Held By Trees, all on Album Reviews 2022 page.

As the day progresses, I will finish off historical album reviews from 2011 with Methexis, Wobbler, Disconnect, A Big Goodbye, Athelstone, Chest Rockwell, The Anabasis, and a little known band by the name of Yes.

First selection of historic 2010 album reviews added to Album Reviews By Year page. Reviews of David Minasian, Haken, Gazpacho, Spock’s Beard, Lunatic Soul, Peter Gabriel, Asia, The Reasoning, Mars Hollow, and Blackmore’s Night.

Video of the week updated - Mr Gabriel with a Solsbury Hill montage.

Sports section of Beer & News page updated with tribute to Phil Bennett, Welsh rugby legend who died yesterday.

Ale of the Week added to Beer & News Page.

New album reviews posted today. James LaBrie, Enneade, and Heidi Talbot (Irish born folk singer, whose latest album includes guest appearance by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits fame). Simply go to Album Reviews 2022 page and enjoy.

Further historic album reviews from 2010 added to Album Reviews by Year Page. Reviews of Odyssice, Kaipa, Lebowski, Jon Anderson, Mostly Autumn, Argos, Paatos, Matt Stevens, and All Over Everywhere.

Ale of the Week updated on Beer & News Page.

Video of the Week updated - Dim Gray.

Sports section of Beer & News Page updated with test cricket and rugby Premiership Final news.

Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    New album reviews posted today. James LaBrie, Enneade, and Heidi Talbot (Irish born folk singer, whose latest album includes guest appearance by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits fame). Simply go to Album Reviews 2022 page and enjoy.
    I used to see Heidi Talbot singing with Cherish The Ladies at the Cleveland Irish Festival back in...the early 2000s maybe? Anyway, great voice and quite a looker at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I used to see Heidi Talbot singing with Cherish The Ladies at the Cleveland Irish Festival back in...the early 2000s maybe? Anyway, great voice and quite a looker at the time.
    Yep. Still a great voice and, imo, a decent looker as well!

It's been a bit of a busy week in Lazland, so only one new album review added today, but it is a good one. Bjørn Riis, Everything to Everyone, added to Album Reviews 2022 page. Hopefully I will be able to put pen to paper with my thoughts on the new PT album in the forthcoming days.

2010 historic reviews of albums by Fourteen Twentysix, Nick Magnus, Panic Room, and Unitopia added. Go to Album Reviews by Year Page.

2009 element of the project started with reviews of Big Big Train, Porcupine Tree, Phideaux, Transatlantic, IQ, and Byron. The PT review is a historic one - I will publish a review of C/C later this week.

Ale of the Week added to Beer & News Page. Cricket report added to sports section of the same page.

Website updated with my review of Porcupine Tree's Closure/Continuation on Album Reviews 2022 page, with the link here for your convenience and altogether better "experience"

https://lazland.org/album-reviews-20...recontinuation

WARNING - some folks of a sensitive nature might find comments in said review gratuitously offensive to their PT sensibilities, and lazland.org takes no responsibility for any personal injury which might be caused by said folks blowing their heads up in utter disgust

Video of the Week on the frontpage also updated - Merry Hell's Come On England.

Historical album reviews project continues with the remaining reviews of 2009 completed with albums and DVDs by Marillion, IO Earth, Pendragon, The Decemberists, Pictorial Wand, Knight Area, Harvest, Touchstone, and Nurkostam. Go to 2009 section of Album Reviews by Year Page.

Ale of the Week updated in Beer & News Page.

I am hoping to upload new album reviews by Eye of Melian & Johanna Kurkela and Delvoid this week.

Normal life interfered with Lazland cultural life last week, I am afraid. However, we return tonight with a new album review, Legends of Light by Eye of Melian, a pure proggy delight (Album Reviews 2022 Page), Ale of the Week (HPA), and Video of the week, the wonderful Heilung.

EDIT - unexpectedly had time to add a review of Delvoid (Swarmlife) also to Album Reviews 2022 page.
    Last edited by lazland; 07-11-2022 at 05:24 PM.

New release by The Tangent added to Album Reviews of 2022. Further new reviews to hopefully follow in the next couple of days.

Video of the Week on frontpage - The Kinks, Come Dancing.

New ale of the week and some rugby musings added to Beer & News Page.

Historical reviews project continues with 2008 page added and reviews of Karmakanic, Pendragon, Magenta, and Asia.

Reviews of new albums by Stuckfish (excellent) and Alex Anthony Faide (not so much) added tonight to Album Reviews of 2022 Page.

Website updated tonight with album reviews of Alan Parsons and Ruth Keggin & Rachel Hair (magnificent Manx Gaelic album), video of the week (Jon Anderson – Change we Must), and a rather disastrous Ale of the Week story added to relevant section of Beer & News Page.

Gig review from the Lazland local pub. Ian Shimmin at The Mansel Arms doing some classic rock. Go to Gig News section of Beer & News Page.

Historical reviews project continues with the remainder of 2008 reviews in Album Reviews by Year page with albums by Marillion, Steven Wilson, David Gilmour, Mostly Autumn, Bryan Josh, Martin Orford, Blackmore’s Night, Abel Ganz.

Listening these past few days to a superb album by Darkher - review to follow hopefully on Monday.

Battling tonight with some extremely clunky responses from the web hosting service - they changed the format, and damned hard work to get used to. Why don't people leave things alone????

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    Gig review from the Lazland local pub. Ian Shimmin at The Mansel Arms doing some classic rock. Go to Gig News section of Beer & News Page.

Battling tonight with some extremely clunky responses from the web hosting service - they changed the format, and damned hard work to get used to. Why don't people leave things alone????
    Get Off MY LAWN!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

New album review of Darkher, The Buried Storm, added to Album Reviews 2022 page. This is a cracker and the accompanying videos really are well worth watching.

Video of the Week – Returned to the Earth.

Some updates to my blog on Beer & News Page – Ale of the Week, a celebration of England Women Football on Sports Section, and a few thoughts about the passing of Nichelle Nichols on News Section.

No 2022 album reviews tonight – catchup intended over the next three days on a teaching visit to London, there being not a great deal else to do in god awful corporate hotels or long train journeys.

In the meantime, we have the usual Ale of the Week feature on Beer & News Page.

The historic album reviews project continues with 2007 and reviews of albums by Fish, Marillion, Dream Theater, Satellite, Porcupine Tree, and Chris Squire.
    2006 element of the project with reviews of albums by Sylvan, The Flower Kings, Julian Julien, and Decemberists.

Neither year was prolific, and I intend to revisit years such as these when all historic reviews are completed with brand new reviews.

Video of the Week - The Dead South
    Last edited by lazland; 08-08-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Review of The Myth of the Mostrophus by Ryo Okumoto added to Album Reviews 2022 Page. It is a fine album.

Ale of the Week added to Beer & News Page with a report on life in East London in August 2022.

Darkher – Sirens Nocturne – is the Video of the Week.

This week, I have been grooving to the exceptional The Confidence Trick by Hats Off Gentlemen It’s Adequate, and I hope to upload a review very shortly. Other new stuff in the queue RanestRane and Spiritraiser which will hopefully get a review treatment as well.

Historical 2005 album reviews added to Album Reviews by Year Page. Reviews of Anthony Phillips, Arena, Pendragon, and Van Der Graaf Generator.

The historical reviews are now pretty hit and miss. Some years had a lot of albums, and some few. Some had a lot of detail in the review, and others not a great deal at all. I have not changed any of them, for the reasons I have set out previously. I am looking forward to completing this element of the website so that I can add new reviews of albums and, perhaps, updating some of the existing ones.

So, on that basis, the 2004 element of the project is uploaded, with far more detail than 2005. Reviews of albums by Marillion, Magenta, The Flower Kings, a shockingly bad Asia live album, and a not so shockingly brilliant IQ studio album.

Last, but by no means least, a rather lovely little story in the Ukraine Section of Beer & News Page from Kidwelly in Wales.

A busy night! Enjoy.