Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy 420

Happy 420

NJ has legal retail sales tomorrow. MD will vote on a referendum in Nov. VA is legal but is taking until 2024 for retail (? in order to establish the illegal market)
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

I don't see Pennsylvania ever doing this, as silly as it seems.

But, that being said, my shed is waiting for me.
    "Don't look here. The joke's in your hand."

- Public Restroom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I don't see Pennsylvania ever doing this, as silly as it seems.

But, that being said, my shed is waiting for me.
    Sounds like you are set and know what you have. PA folks will be pouring into NJ, and NJ estimates 800000 traveling buyers.

Two bills are on the table for Federal.

MORE - Fine except amendments that want to pump money into states (selectively unfortunately), and will make it unlikely to pass the Senate unless modified

SAFE - Bipartisan bill which removes financial restrictions in the States wrt to sales and credit purchases.
    Could pass today, but being held back for MORE which may take till Aug.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Good luck! Legal in Canada for 2 years and going extremely well.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I’m NJ will medical weed dispensaries start selling to people without a NJ MMJ card? Probably not, I’m worried recreational dispensaries will take a long time to open up.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

Tomorrow recreational sales start in NJ for people without cards. However medical cards get first dibs and dispensaries can’t short medical folks.

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Vermont is (finally!) set to open up recreational sales in the fall.

I hope everyone remembered to put out milk and cookies for Willie Nelson last night.
    <sig out of order>

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I’m NJ will medical weed dispensaries start selling to people without a NJ MMJ card? Probably not, I’m worried recreational dispensaries will take a long time to open up.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Good luck! Legal in Canada for 2 years and going extremely well.
    It's been legal for almost 4 years...no problem eh!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Sounds like you are set and know what you have. PA folks will be pouring into NJ, and NJ estimates 800000 traveling buyers.
    Well, I'm more than 300 miles from Joisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Two bills are on the table for Federal.

MORE - Fine except amendments that want to pump money into states (selectively unfortunately), and will make it unlikely to pass the Senate unless modified

SAFE - Bipartisan bill which removes financial restrictions in the States wrt to sales and credit purchases.
    Could pass today, but being held back for MORE which may take till Aug.
    Biden won't sign them. He still (naively? foolishly? both?) thinks it's a gateway drug.

- Public Restroom Wall

Biden won't sign them. He still (naively? foolishly? both?) thinks it's a gateway drug.
    ...and we're all on his lawn!

I'm screwed until I retire it seems.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

We live fifty miles as the crows flies from Montana, which went legal. From what I see, if the majority of the population of a county voted for legalization, then the noble herb can be sold there. So nearly all of the mountain counties and a handful of others now partake. I'll keep an eye on the border towns to see if stores spring up.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    In some of the states where it's been legalized, the effect has been to remove some of the stigma and creating a larger market, but regulations and taxation has caused the illegal suppliers to still have a large (or larger than the legal sellers') share of the marketplace. It seems to me that they should just apply a regular sales tax on it like any other product.

Watched Cheech and Chong's "Next Movie" last night, and playing "Dopesmoker" right now on my stereo
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Virginia here. I'm anxiously waiting for the dispensaries in 2024, but they will be state controlled. I'm fine with that as long as they get the right brands. There are some RISE dispensaries just over the border in Metro DC/Maryland that carry some good product (that I have heard).

It is an odd time now, however. It is now decriminalized and legal, but there is nowhere you can legally purchase it, just possess it.

Get a medical card in PA. One would have to think a career in graphic design would be eligible under stress and anxiety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    In some of the states where it's been legalized, the effect has been to remove some of the stigma and creating a larger market, but regulations and taxation has caused the illegal suppliers to still have a large (or larger than the legal sellers') share of the marketplace. It seems to me that they should just apply a regular sales tax on it like any other product.
    I think some of that would go away if they made progress at the federal level, which prevents dispensaries from accepting credit cards and other non-cash payments.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Jed - there are 13 med dispensary locations that have received state and municipal permission to sell recreational. Another 5 sites are pending municipal approval. The state has imposed limits on purchase amounts to 1oz per recreational customer.

Other licenses have been submitted and are in process - but are limited to municipality that allow

In addition - similar to alcohol in NJ - anything purchased is not supposed to cross state lines in transport (e.g. NY customers could get busted once you go thru GWB toll plaza back to NYC).

Fort Lee is a location that is awaiting municipal signoff - so closest to GWB is Rochelle Park.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    It's been legal for almost 4 years...no problem eh!
    Really, didn't realize that!

Been legal in California for almost five anna haff years now. I have yet to purchase any, but only because of a couple of bad past experiences.
    If a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
    and a dog can dream
    should it be impossible
    that a man might supervise the construction of light?

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Get a medical card in PA. One would have to think a career in graphic design would be eligible under stress and anxiety.
    Indeed it would. You wanna talk stress? I have three daughters.

- Public Restroom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Virginia here. I'm anxiously waiting for the dispensaries in 2024, but they will be state controlled. I'm fine with that as long as they get the right brands. There are some RISE dispensaries just over the border in Metro DC/Maryland that carry some good product (that I have heard).

It is an odd time now, however. It is now decriminalized and legal, but there is nowhere you can legally purchase it, just possess it.

I think some of that would go away if they made progress at the federal level, which prevents dispensaries from accepting credit cards and other non-cash payments.
    I know you don’t have anything to do with it, but the VA taking till 2024 for recreational sales is bull$hit!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Jed - there are 13 med dispensary locations that have received state and municipal permission to sell recreational. Another 5 sites are pending municipal approval. The state has imposed limits on purchase amounts to 1oz per recreational customer.

Other licenses have been submitted and are in process - but are limited to municipality that allow

In addition - similar to alcohol in NJ - anything purchased is not supposed to cross state lines in transport (e.g. NY customers could get busted once you go thru GWB toll plaza back to NYC).

Fort Lee is a location that is awaiting municipal signoff - so closest to GWB is Rochelle Park.

And the issue in NJ will not actually be supply - plenty of growing going on - the issue is the very few labs available to provide the COA needed for the crop.

No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

What do people think about edibles? I have access to online orders and they had a 20 percent discount and I picked up 4 containers of strawberry edibles that I know are kick ass. I also bought a package of edibles with 300 mg potency. Wow!

Indeed it would. You wanna talk stress? I have three daughters.
    Tzeitl, Hodel, and Chava?
    If a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
    and a dog can dream
    should it be impossible
    that a man might supervise the construction of light?

Arizona isn't seeing the projected tax revenue from recreational pot. Nor are we seeing the projected tax revenue form legalized sports betting.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama