Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Word On ProgDay 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    I'm going to place a bet on a full weekend of Marbin (one full day of fusion, one full day of storytime and a bonus preshow of gypsy jazz).
    Marbin was all over Cruise To The Edge playing in several different configurations. They have come a long way and are very good. I did not attend the year they played ProgDay before, so can't comment on that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    When Mercury Tree had 5 seconds ( maybe 15 ) of cookie monster, Oh My! There was much to be said about that. At least to my ears.
    I wish I had been there, but I have seen them twice before. I love that band. And whatever growling vocals they want to throw in there, are fine by me, lol. You can't please everybody, as they say.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Marbin was all over Cruise To The Edge playing in several different configurations. They have come a long way and are very good. I did not attend the year they played ProgDay before, so can't comment on that performance.
    They posted a video of them entertaining the cruise ship workers loading the luggage. Those guys are non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Another guess is one of the Jerry King/Dave Newhouse projects/bands. Moon X, a Muffins reunion of some sort, etc.
    good guess, but Dave doesn't want to play live any more.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    good guess, but Dave doesn't want to play live any more.
    Is Dave in Moon Men, as opposed to Moon X?

Maybe Echolyn - They could probably throw in a few new songs.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What cheeses are people bringing? I’ll have the usual Venezuelan Beaver cheese if anyone cares to sample it.
    Jed, that is too funny. I'm not going all the way to Chapel Hill to nibble stinky cheese in the hot sun.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    I'm going to place a bet on a full weekend of Marbin (one full day of fusion, one full day of storytime and a bonus preshow of gypsy jazz).
    I'll take it. Bring on Sid Yiddish and the Dirty Horse.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

ProgDay has lost another family member.

We were saddened to hear this morning of the sudden passing of our friend TJ Higgins from Huntsville Alabama. We first met TJ at either ProgDay 97 or 98. A whole group of us just seemed to click together which has created friendships that have lasted over the years, even though we lived in various parts of the country. I always looked forward to getting together with TJ every year at ProgDay as one of our group who would hang out all weekend. TJ even came to Kalamazoo once for a visit back in the 00’s. Last summer we had to attend a wedding in Alabama which made a good excuse to get together TJ and our other friends in Huntsville. We were looking forward to seeing him again in September. Our condolences to his family. He will certainly be missed.

Banned
    Sorry, my sympathy to all friends and family, RIP TJ.

There's been more than 1 occasion where TJ was the first guy I saw in the lobby upon checking in.
    I was really looking forward to seeing him again.
    This is heartbreaking.

Sigh. This sort of thing is not going to get any easier. RIP.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Banned
    Friday preshow announced:
    Greetings folks! Thrilled to announce that the Pre-Show will commence at our old haunt, Local 506. The Yes Tribute "Tempus Fugit" will open it up, and the young, blazing guns of "Maj Deeka" will close it. Thrilled to announce this! Long time in the making. Hope to see you there!

Banned

Banned

I'm glad PD is still going after all these years with only a year or two hiccup because of covid. I haven't gone in what seems like eons but unfortunately I don't think I'll make it this year. To all who do go though please have fun and stay safe (eg. no drinking then diving in the pool :P ).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I'm glad PD is still going after all these years with only a year or two hiccup because of covid. I haven't gone in what seems like eons but unfortunately I don't think I'll make it this year. To all who do go though please have fun and stay safe (eg. no drinking then diving in the pool :P ).
    Dude, you should go. It would be good to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    More importantly - no drinking and urinating in the pool, at least jump out and go in the bushes!

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I'm not sure why PE needs to have multiple threads on the same subject, but I realize that I'm an outlier there. I tend to not like disorganized clutter, but among PE Prog fans, I am in the minority.

Carry on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm not sure why PE needs to have multiple threads on the same subject, but I realize that I'm an outlier there. I tend to not like disorganized clutter, but among PE Prog fans, I am in the minority.

Carry on.
    PE is a crowd sourced site.

My hotel room is officially booked. Welcome back, Progday.

Neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Flights, hotel and car booked
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Can anyone tell me an approximate number of the members of the ProgDay Beer Snob Club? I plan on bringing high end beers to share, but I don't want to overdo or unnecessarily overload my vehicle. Thx.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^The one time I joined them it was just a few geezers, and plastic cups were used for tasting. But let a couple of the more senior members answer too.

One thing’s for sure - there’s no shortage of beer at Progday, and if someone’s personal supply runs low, there are any number of people willing and able to share.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    There's been about 5 or 6 of us the 2 times I was there and we did it. No need to overdo it as we generally taste samples of each one.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.