Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any TULL fans with thousands of dollars to spare? The art box might be for you.

This thread is gold.

I just bought the signal cable Nordost Heimdall 2 (second hand) - should I have bought the Tull art box instead?

Well, a HiFi-cable is hardly ever an 'investment', The Tull Art Box might be.
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 03-28-2022 at 04:46 AM.

Who needs a new car when for the same money you could have a 2m pair of speaker cables...?

Back when I used to read mags like Stereophile (many years ago...) there was no end to the gizmos you would see advertised. After you've got those dream speaker cables what you surely need next are special ceramic widgets that will hold them off the floor - that cost many hundreds of dollars, but hey, you will be able to hear the difference they make.

I guess I was not the target audience. I invested in a good (by my standards, not those of people who spend $30,000 on cables...) system 20 years ago and just stopped because I was happy with it. Have not changed anything since.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Who needs a new car when for the same money you could have a 2m pair of speaker cables...?

Back when I used to read mags like Stereophile (many years ago...) there was no end to the gizmos you would see advertised. After you've got those dream speaker cables what you surely need next are special ceramic widgets that will hold them off the floor - that cost many hundreds of dollars, but hey, you will be able to hear the difference they make.

I guess I was not the target audience. I invested in a good (by my standards, not those of people who spend $30,000 on cables...) system 20 years ago and just stopped because I was happy with it. Have not changed anything since.
    It is truly a waste of money if you can't hear the difference.

3 possible options
    The cable you bought soundwise doesn't fit the gear you have (for many reasons, its complex)
    Your ears aren't what they used to be
    You didn't try or don't really care.

Off course there are 'snake oil' devices for HiFi, and there are HiFi-nerds who doesn't care for music, just for sound and looks - or as a pissing contest.

I havent heard this, but it looks like snake oil. I would believe swinging a rubber duck over my amp gurgling odd sounds could have the same effect - but one day someone might proove me wrong

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/...grounding-box/

Why to I keep reading the title of this thread as "Any TULL fans with more dollars than sense?"
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Why to I keep reading the title of this thread as "Any TULL fans with more dollars than sense?"
    I think it reads “Audiophile Thread”
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I'll just buy the NFT and pretend I own it.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Based on real life events, if I bought it my youngest cat would probably chew up the corner of the box as happened to my Hot Rats box, a Don Rendell/Ian Carr set, and a Projekt Records sampler. And those might only be the ones I've noticed so far.

Delivery delay until the end of August because Jethro Tull is on tour until mid August according to The Flood Gallery update.

Yes, I bought this box.....or should I say, The Guv'ment bought it For ME! Used my first Social Security check to hand it over to Ian.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Delivery delay until the end of August because Jethro Tull is on tour until mid August according to The Flood Gallery update.

Yes, I bought this box.....or should I say, The Guv'ment bought it For ME! Used my first Social Security check to hand it over to Ian.
    So that's where my $$$ went!

No super deluxe prints of the Dot Com album art!

My “rough and ready loo paper” is currently circling around the neighborhood in a UPS truck. Shipped from London last Thursday afternoon and here Wednesday. The arrival date was next Wednesday but getting earlier every day. Got a notice three hours ago it’s happening today. God bless fast service but it makes it difficult to stay by the doorbell. Fondle Meter off the charts! Package is 17 1/2 Pounds! No wonder Ian was struggling to get that on the table in the video.
    #firstworldproblems

Got an email update last week from The Flood Gallery that 50 of the 75 copies are sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    My “rough and ready loo paper” is currently circling around the neighborhood in a UPS truck. Shipped from London last Thursday afternoon and here Wednesday. The arrival date was next Wednesday but getting earlier every day. Got a notice three hours ago it’s happening today. God bless fast service but it makes it difficult to stay by the doorbell. Fondle Meter off the charts! Package is 17 1/2 Pounds! No wonder Ian was struggling to get that on the table in the video.
    #firstworldproblems
    Wow! I'll be interested to hear what you think of it once you've delved in!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

I'm not that much of Tull fan. I'll stick to the music.

This just smacks of Spinal Tap.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    This just smacks of Spinal Tap.
    I'd counter that overvalued real estate markets are WAY worse than this set dollar-for-dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    "The prints are gallery quality giclées..." AKA printed on a computer printer. Not sure when that came to be considered "gallery quality."
    I'd pay $2400 for high-quality, professionally created silver prints.
    But then I guess those days are long gone, sadly.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Did a cursory inspection just to make sure of no damage / creases / ink bleed to #38/75. The first cover that caught my eye was Stand Up.....blown up to 28"x28" it was fun to see all the pen detail. I have house guests this week and I'll wait till they leave to do a proper layout.

This popped up in ad today on my computer: https://www.yourquiltstyle.com/produ...00003862112742

0x720@161078995887e6a6214e.jpg