Thread: The Winter Tree Has Released a New Album, "Words: The World of W.B. Yeats, volume 1"

The Winter Tree Has Released a New Album, "Words: The World of W.B. Yeats, volume 1"

My new album is now digitally available on Bandcamp and, soon, on all streaming platforms. It features 11 songs with words by W.B. Yeats. None of these songs appeared on the album I did with Nad Sylvan last year. With guest appearances from wonderful musicians around the world(Brazil, Argentina, USA, Canada, India, Italy, Sweden, Germany, France and Ukraine!)

https://thewintertree1.bandcamp.com/...yeats-volume-1

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Very cool news! And you got on the stick with Bandcamp - nice work! The page looks great.

Now I have to decide whether to wait for the next Bandcamp Friday or buy it ASAP. Do you have any preference, Andrew? Either way, I'm going to listen to it tonight or tomorrow! Looking forward to it.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

Ok, I have the honor of being the album's first supporter! On Bandcamp, anyway. I threw in an extra penny as a stimulus payment!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ok, I have the honor of being the album's first supporter! On Bandcamp, anyway. I threw in an extra penny as a stimulus payment!
    Much appreciated , thank you very much! I hope to have it out on CD if I can raise the funds. Vinyl would be great but probably won't happen.

Andrew, I had a listen last night, and it’s very good! I can definitely hear where your influence was in the best songs on Nad Sylvan’s latest album. The songs all seem to have good hooks! Looking forward to another listen!

Thanks JKL! I hope to release volume 2 later this year that will have my versions of all the songs I wrote for Nad Sylvan's "Spiritus Mundi" album. They are all finished and just need mixing/mastering.

I listened to a few songs. Well done! Sounds really good. I’ll try to come back and check out more soon!

I just listened to your new album on Bandcamp (thanks for providing the link), all I can say is Bravo! Outstanding, I will definitely be buying this.

I've really been enjoying this album! Quality songs. So I thought I'd give this a bump, and do the proper embedding here. I should have done this before Friday, but, oh well...:

I was going to buy it on Friday, but the DL only situation dissuaded me.

BTW, setting pre-existing poetry to music is no easy feat, I'm sure. Bruce Dickinson's album The Chemical Wedding is "based" on Blake's poetry, and while it's a good album, the music is so un-Blake-ian that Blake was probably spinning in his grave at it. But your melodies are a good match for the cadences of Yeats's poems. It suits them well. The song I like best so far is The Host of the Air.