Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Anderson 2023 tour plans

Jon Anderson 2023 tour plans

Interestingly, this was posted on the Brand X Facebook page:

BIG NEWS: Brand X's CHRIS CLARK will be playing Keyboards in JON ANDERSON'S new band touring March 2023. The group consists of members from The Band Geeks, and Anderson says: "We'll do Close To The Edge, The Gates of Delirium, Awaken, and a bunch of classics. We'll make it sound as much like YES in the 70s as possible..." Here at BX Headquarters, we're behind Chris 100%. This is going to be epic.

*A Word from Brand X Manager Norman Bedford*
    I got to know Jon doing some PR for him back on his Animation tour (1982). I was just out of college, but night after night, after our interviews, he went out of his way to tell all sorts of stories and recommend all sorts of cool spiritual books. I have many of them to this day. Very heavy stuff. A few years later I got roped in for YES' 90125 and Big Generator tours shooting and stringing for both Jon and Chris (Squire). YES were on fire then!
    Now it's great to see that Rich (Band Geeks) has replicated Squire's Bass tones to perfection... Very impressive...

Recently, on some BRAND X tours, Chris and I would split a room, and late at night we'd compare live Yes recordings... He has a deep unwavering passion for this music. Challenge him to play any Yes song -- bang -- he nails it spot on. Equally as impressive as their immense musical talents, both Chris and Jon are two of the sweetest and most sincere souls you could ever meet. We are all excited as things continue to develop...

Very cool. Best of luck to all involved, and hope that Ticketbastard doesn't get involved.

The eons are closing
    If they do Relayer - then Jon wins.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post

[I]BIG NEWS: Brand X's CHRIS CLARK will be playing Keyboards in JON ANDERSON'S new band touring March 2023.
    Dampening any hope I'll recoup my investment in buying Brand X tickets for https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/111760217253554/ who refused to refund my money when the tour got canceled. They hinted that the band might regroup in some form.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What happened? Did Brand X break up? And/or their whole tour was cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Well, Percy quit, so that's the end as far as I'm concerned.

https://jazztimes.com/features/profi...ew-challenges/

Jones got sick of their management and quit, Goodsall got sick, the tour was postponed, he didn't recover, and they won't refund my ticket money.

Robin Lumley issued a statement - posted on PE here.

"John, Percy and I were Brand X, and with John's demise, Brand X can be no more..."

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If they do Relayer - then Jon wins
    Yeah but, having Jon involved I have the feeling it will be mostly on the acoustical version of it, that's how Jon has been interpreting his Yessongs on his solo and collaboration tours, except School of Rock. It's not 1976 anymore :-(
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Yeah but, having Jon involved I have the feeling it will be mostly on the acoustical version of it, that's how Jon has been interpreting his Yessongs on his solo and collaboration tours
    "We'll make it sound as much like YES in the 70s as possible..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post

BIG NEWS: Brand X's CHRIS CLARK will be playing Keyboards in JON ANDERSON'S new band touring March 2023. The group consists of members from The Band Geeks, and Anderson says: "We'll do Close To The Edge, The Gates of Delirium, Awaken, and a bunch of classics. We'll make it sound as much like YES in the 70s as possible..." Here at BX Headquarters, we're behind Chris 100%. This is going to be epic.
    Ever since Richie Castellano posted a photo on Facebook of him and his wife meeting Anderson back in 2019 I've been hoping for an announcement like this. Thank you Dan for sharing this news.

It is cool. Best of luck to all involved, and hope that Ticketbastard doesn't get involved. You should be able to do this automatically in Excel with the right code, I think. Still, I never learned how to do it, and I hated calculating that. It's the same with my job. I like making decisions, but calculating stuff is not my thing. I do a lot of forex trading, and I would be terrible at it without the platform https://forexstore.com/free-forex-robots-eas . I have that trading account because that broker helps you a lot. You can do your trading and not worry about anything else. Forex is difficult, and many people told me not to mess around with it before I started trading, but I am glad I didn't listen to them.
    Last edited by Williamrush; 11-09-2022 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Jones got sick of their management and quit, Goodsall got sick, the tour was postponed, he didn't recover, and they won't refund my ticket money.
    I should point out that after a few months of my complaining all over the place including in some PE threads, on the Brand X facebook page, the venue's page and the local town page for where the venue is located, Brand X mgmt helped me get a refund from the venue owner.

Chris Clark is a great player, not sure if I'd want to see the JA tour, though.

I already bought tix for Chicago (Des Plaines Theater). No Ticketbastard involved.

One UK date just announced for July, hoping there's more!

You’ll never stop Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dissapointed the UK gig is with those kids from the Rock Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Go see it anyway. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I was blown away by their show last summer.

I saw it at ROSfest last year and it exceeded all of my expectations. The show was totally fun and some of the kids were amazing musicians. You won't be disappointed if you go.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I saw it at ROSfest last year and it exceeded all of my expectations. The show was totally fun and some of the kids were amazing musicians. You won't be disappointed if you go.
    I do intend to go ! Just hanging on a while to see if there are any more dates closer to home!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Go see it anyway. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I was blown away by their show last summer.
    I woud definitely go if they did a gig closer to home - everything I have seen and heard about the young musicians he plays with impresses me.
    I review and blog at www.lazland.org

One UK date just announced for July, hoping there's more!
    There's more. A Madrid date is also now on sale. Further dates to be announced.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I shall attend in NY in Westbury Long Island. Besides my wife , my 2 adult daughters , who attended the real Yes as children , 2 grand daughters , one son in law. The grand kids are 11 and 9 . The 11 year old has surprising musical tastes , and is open to new experiances. Wide spectrum of favs , Chicago , Yes , Heart . A thougtful older than her years child. It will be fun , Im a Band Geeks fan also.

I plan to attend the Tyson Corner show May 3rd
    jon spring tour.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    I plan to attend the Tyson Corner show May 3rd
    jon spring tour.jpg
    Nothing in the south.