Thread: RIP WWF Star Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall

RIP WWF Star Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall

Since there are a few old school wrestling fans here. I saw Hall wrestle live several times back in the day and he was always entertaining:

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    He came along after I became disinterested in the spectacle but know of him for being a famous former wrestler. These guys live hard, putting their bodies thru abuse in and outside the ring. He was 63 years of age but looked 80.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    He came along after I became disinterested in the spectacle but know of him for being a famous former wrestler. These guys live hard, putting their bodies thru abuse in and outside the ring. He was 63 years of age but looked 80.
    He lived a hard partying, probably steroid induced lifestyle which has been pretty well documented. Still, the dude was a king in his prime.

My interest in Professional Wrestling fell into 2 time frames: Early/Mid 70s and Late 90s/Early00s. This gentleman fell between the stools for me. I've not heard of him before.

Even long after he stopped wrestling, he still talked with that toothpick in his mouth.
    Lou

Mr. Bruno's wardrobe furnished by Botany 500.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    My interest in Professional Wrestling fell into 2 time frames: Early/Mid 70s and Late 90s/Early00s. This gentleman fell between the stools for me. I've not heard of him before.
    Scott had his heyday from the mid-80's to mid 90's. Razor Ramon was a very popular character for a time and was one of the main cogs in the wheel in the WWF vs WCW wresting wars during that time period (he left WWF for WCW at the height of his popularity). He came back to WWF in 93 and was Intercontinental Champion off and on for a few years. He had a famous ladder match with Sean Michaels at Wrestelmania X in 94 which is still considered one of the best matches of it's kind to this day (it is worth checking out on YouTube). He went back to WCW in the late 90's and then wrestled with various promotions (including short stints with WWF / WWE) all the way up through last year, but he also had very public struggles with drugs & alcohol over the years which de-railed his career more than once, and in the end contributed to his health problems and ultimately death.

Sorry to hear of this!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

HEY YO......rip
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.