Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2022 NFL Discussion Thread

Banned
    If there was doubt after the Miami loss, let there be no doubt, the Ravens are not competitive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    If there was doubt after the Miami loss, let there be no doubt, the Ravens are not competitive.
    Miami all over again.

3-1 and now we are without a starting or back up QB. How long will this last??
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Raise your hand if your team is 4-0.

Anyone? Hello?

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Raise your hand if your team is 4-0.

Anyone? Hello?

Don't go getting cocky Scott. The season is young.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Don't go getting cocky Scott. The season is young.....
    After the first loss the entire fanbase will want the coaching staff fired.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

John Harbaugh needs to warm up his "They are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!" speech.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    John Harbaugh needs to warm up his "They are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!" speech.
    Who told who to let ‘em score

Even thought it rained some I'm glad I went to the RenFest today.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Just read someone say that the NFL concussion protocol would have let JFK back in the parade.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    How many times will the Ravens not account for the reality of the situation in their decision to go for it on 4th down. Statistically, perhaps it’s valid, but statistics are an escape from the reality of local information and observations. The Ravens should have tied the game with 33 seconds to go with a field goal. Instead threw an interception in the end zone and permitted the Bills to win on a field goal. Lamar seems to prefer lucky than good.

How many times will the Ravens not account for the reality of the situation in their decision to go for it on 4th down. Statistically, perhaps it’s valid, but statistics are an escape from the reality of local information and observations. The Ravens should have tied the game with 33 seconds to go with a field goal. Instead threw an interception in the end zone and permitted the Bills to win on a field goal. Lamar seems to prefer lucky than good.
    My neighbor who watched the game said there was a pass interference committed by the Bills before the first half they refused to call which was a fourteen point swing in the game. He said in the second half they called a roughing the passer on the Ravens which wasn't and it allowed the Bills to score seven points. As much of a glory seeker as Harbaugh is those two calls probably cost the Ravens the game. I think 15-2 still gets you into the play offs.

It's so odd how literally every Ravens loss is due to bad officiating.

Yeah, yeah, yeah that's fine and dandy, Scott Bails... but, we all need to know what your neighbor's opinion is about this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    My neighbor who watched the game said there was a pass interference committed by the Bills before the first half they refused to call which was a fourteen point swing in the game. He said in the second half they called a roughing the passer on the Ravens which wasn't and it allowed the Bills to score seven points. As much of a glory seeker as Harbaugh is those two calls probably cost the Ravens the game. I think 15-2 still gets you into the play offs.
    Nothing can be done about the randomness of interference calls. Late in the game was a missed interference call, but nothing is worse than the Ravens shooting themselves in the ass. The first thing you see on fake sports ESPN is that Lamar threw an interception. However, on that 4th and one at the ~6 yard line with delay game penalty, was that a failure to score was an end to the Ravens, and the interception is not the issue. It’s the fact they had a 99.9999999 percent of taking the lead with a field goal and forcing the Bills to tie the game with a field goal, or win with a touchdown.

Banned
    Harbaugh says analytically you should go for a first down on 4th and one. The people who told him that are freaking people with a high school statistics class. If you go to grad school in engineering or applied math, you learn about decision theory and one method makes a decision such to minimize risk or maximize opportunity. In that case, probability times cost = risk is minimized. Cost is the losing of the game.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    You're not wrong.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

If it wasn't for bad officiating the Eagles would be 0-3 in Super Bowls.

Speaking of concussions, that protester that ran on the field on MNF should be waking up about now.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I have to agree with Ed's neighbor. The 4th quarter roughing the passer call was total B.S. However, they DID have 59 and a half minutes besides that to win the game.

Jerjo, that series of events was hysterical!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Thank God for bad officiating, then.

Always an if with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Always an if with this one.
    When you troll me this is all I hear.

I can't think of a relatively close game I've seen in the past 15 years that didn't have at least two bad calls. It's the nature of the game and why blame the officials if your team failed in another way to win the game. No team plays a perfect game.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I can't think of a relatively close game I've seen in the past 15 years that didn't have at least two bad calls. It's the nature of the game and why blame the officials if your team failed in another way to win the game. No team plays a perfect game.
    This one non call stole the game away from the Saints and kept them out of the super bowl, but by your analogy it was still the Saints fault for losing the game.