Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2022 NFL Discussion Thread

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Tua, 4 days after his, umm... back injury. It wasn't that big of a hit but it just makes last Sunday's "back injury" all the more suspicious. Let's hope he hasn't sustained serious brain injury.

I only watched a short clip of the injury. His reaction while lying on his back made my stomach turn. He should be done for the season (imo). Screw the season.

When I saw the hit during the game, it reminded me of seeing Don Beebe get rocked in the 90's. When Beebe hit the ground, one of his arms remained fully erect, outstretched, and reaching up. I always remembered that hit.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Tua, 4 days after his, umm... back injury. It wasn't that big of a hit but it just makes last Sunday's "back injury" all the more suspicious. Let's hope he hasn't sustained serious brain injury.
    It was a pretty nasty play. He was thrown like a ragdoll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    When I saw the hit during the game, it reminded me of seeing Don Beebe get rocked in the 90's. When Beebe hit the ground, one of his arms remained fully erect, outstretched, and reaching up. I always remembered that hit.
    I remember that, too. Scary stuff.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It was a pretty nasty play. He was thrown like a ragdoll.
    Watching the replay, it looks like the whiplash might have been as damaging as the impact.

Sure, Tua was slung to the ground, but he's seen worse. The hit last week, where he was pushed to the ground, wasn't even that bad. Makes one want to go back two weeks ago and see if he got a "stinger" then. Either he's prone to concussion or he's been playing through one for some time. Some unscrupulous doings in Miami the past few years.

Why wasn't there a flag for roughing the passer? I thought throwing the QB to the ground was roughing. I didn't see the game, so if there was one, my apologies.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Didn't look like roughing to me, he tackled twisted and took him to the ground.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Some unscrupulous doings in Miami the past few years.
    NFLPA has launched an investigation.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Sure, Tua was slung to the ground, but he's seen worse. The hit last week, where he was pushed to the ground, wasn't even that bad. Makes one want to go back two weeks ago and see if he got a "stinger" then. Either he's prone to concussion or he's been playing through one for some time. Some unscrupulous doings in Miami the past few years.
    The Ravens pass rush has been almost non existent so nothing probably happened two weeks ago.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

If I was his dad I'd advise him to retire. You know he'll have more concussions if he keeps playing. I'm afraid for him honestly. At the moment I don't care about this season. I care about the young man's health.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Why wasn't there a flag for roughing the passer? I thought throwing the QB to the ground was roughing. I didn't see the game, so if there was one, my apologies.
    Because it wasn't a penalty. He didn't pick him up and throw him down, he was swung down during a tackle. Unfortunate. It was pretty scary seeing his hands lock up the way they did.

...and give it a rest with all these 'doctors' on sports channels saying he shouldn't have played. Like he didn't go through all the required protocols by team docs. He was cleared to play and wanted to play. Hate to see injuries like this though. Hoping for a quick recovery.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Because it wasn't a penalty. He didn't pick him up and throw him down, he was swung down during a tackle. Unfortunate. It was pretty scary seeing his hands lock up the way they did.
    Agreed. The hit he took in the Bills game that made him woozy was just a push

...and give it a rest with all these 'doctors' on sports channels saying he shouldn't have played. Like he didn't go through all the required protocols by team docs. He was cleared to play and wanted to play. Hate to see injuries like this though. Hoping for a quick recovery.
    I skip those because I already know what they're gonna say. Evidently the hippocratic oath says nothing about being an attention whore.

You gotta admit it looks fishy. They didn't even have him in concussion protocol. They reported his staggering in the Buffalo game as a back injury. Concussion protocol lasts at least 5-6 days and it was a short week (a good reason for Thursday night games to go away) so they needed him to have a "back injury". We'll see.

Agreed. The hit he took in the Bills game that made him woozy was just a push
    But the back of his head bounced off the turf like a basketball. The kid has the heart of a lion but his body can't handle being knocked around. He should call it a day.

You gotta admit it looks fishy. They didn't even have him in concussion protocol. They reported his staggering in the Buffalo game as a back injury. Concussion protocol lasts at least 5-6 days and it was a short week (a good reason for Thursday night games to go away) so they needed him to have a "back injury". We'll see.
    Yeah the 'back injury' thing does seem a bit fishy. You don't shake your head like he did when he got up from a back injury. I've had a handful of concussions and the first thing I always did was shake my head...like that would help

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    But the back of his head bounced off the turf like a basketball. The kid has the heart of a lion but his body can't handle being knocked around. He should call it a day.
    He should definitely be out a couple of weeks. Bridgewater is definitely a capable backup.

He should definitely be out a couple of weeks. Bridgewater is definitely a capable backup.
    We'll see. Maybe he can click with our two receivers. Maybe the team will start running more. Yeah I'll watch the games and root for them, but we lost momentum.

Regardless if Tua returns, the kid needs to learn how to escape those big horses going after him, or at least learn to tuck the ball, and drop into a fetal position. He needs to stop trying to be a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I've had a handful of concussions

It's all making sense now....

(I kid, I kid...)
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    ^^ so true.... [emoji3]

------------

Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

well played

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's all making sense now....

(I kid, I kid...)
    I was going to make a similar joke but remembered that it was poor taste to make fun of someone who might have dain bramage.

There is no taste necessary if I'm the one being made fun of.

Well, I sound like a broken record, but I'm still shaken by this past week. The hurricane, just seeing the destruction in Ft.Meyers and all, and then seeing Tua on his back having a seizure. He needs to retire. I don't want him to end up like Junior Saeow.....Say Ow!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Nice to see that Antonio Brown has been behaving himself.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Well, I sound like a broken record, but I'm still shaken by this past week. The hurricane, just seeing the destruction in Ft.Meyers and all, and then seeing Tua on his back having a seizure. He needs to retire. I don't want him to end up like Junior Saeow.....Say Ow!
    hey Vic - no worries - let it out here man.

My parents were in a Zone A mandatory evac - and would not [emoji58]and yet - aside from some branches on the roof, and the intercoastal water making it into their Lanai (feet from the house) - they were blessed.

Re: Tua
    I believe I read last night that the doctor involved has now been let go

------------