Thread: The 2022 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Whatever, but Trevor Lawrence had an incredible performance at the end.
    And the Ravens still aren't at full strength.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Are they going to get stronger? Edwards needs a lesson in how to hold on to the ball. Andrews flubbed a few.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

It's the end of November. No football team is at full strength, you play with the men you can put on the field. It's a cruel, violent game and no one makes it through a season unscathed.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Are they going to get stronger? Edwards needs a lesson in how to hold on to the ball. Andrews flubbed a few.
    When you have to play with different people each week at key positions it's hard to get into a groove.

It's week 12. Nobody is.

Whatever, but Trevor Lawrence had an incredible performance at the end.
    Well, he may be finally showing signs of the promise everyone expected, but that last pass was high, and his receiver bailed him out with an excellent catch.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Seahawks defense looked like the doo-doo the last two games. They're now a game out of the playoffs and still have the 49ers and Chiefs on the schedule. Well, at least we're not Denver.

The Ravens will probably win out the rest of the year.
    Ahem...
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Well, he may be finally showing signs of the promise everyone expected, but that last pass was high, and his receiver bailed him out with an excellent catch.
    Yes, but his real problem is interceptions. So if he knows his receiver and can throw a ball that gets caught and doesn’t get intercepted or doesn’t get knocked down, it’s great. So many QBs throw perfect passes sometimes, but don’t know their receivers and can not throw the pass that avoids defense, both from an interception or knock down perspective, or the punishing tackle that loosens the ball. Lamar is known for throwing low and getting his passes knocked down or intercepted.
    Last edited by Firth; 2 Days Ago at 07:46 AM.

Yes, but his real problem is interceptions. So if he knows his receiver and can throw a ball that gets caught and doesn’t get intercepted or doesn’t get knocked down, it’s great. So many QBs throw perfect passes sometimes, but don’t know their receivers and can not throw the pass that avoids defense, both from an interception or knock down perspective, or the punishing tackle that loosens the ball. Lamar is known for throwing low and getting his passes knocked down or intercepted.
    Lamar's problem is he doesn't have a consistent receiver group every game.

Lamar's problem is he doesn't have a consistent receiver group every game.
    And his Twitter game could use some work.
    No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful. - Kurt Vonnegut

Packers gotta let Love finish out the season now right? Rodgers has like four injuries and the Packers are out of the playoffs, might as well see what you got with him
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Come on, the guy was trying to rob his crib.

Russell Wilson is getting killed in the press. He was the Golden Child for so long here in Seattle. He thought he was gonna do a Brady or Stafford and go win a SB his first year in Denver. So did Denver.

Makes you wonder how long John Elway has in his capacity as team president. Other than Peyton Manning every other QB Denver has had has been a total whiff.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    One of the most shocking losses of Week 12 came in Jacksonville, where the Ravens blew a two-score lead in the final six minutes of a 28-27 loss to the Jaguars.

When someone is asking for over 250 mil guaranteed like @Lj_era8 ... games like this should not come to @jtuck9. Let Lamar walk and spend that money on a well rounded team.

Lamar:
    Boy STFU y'all be cappin too much on this app m never smelt a football field
    never did shit but eat dick !!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...edium=news_tab

^ Dayum!

Lamar did do some damage control, explaining that his reply was not meant to be a homophobic slur but rather intended to reference large mammals like rhinos, hippos or elephants.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Lamar did do some damage control, explaining that his reply was not meant to be a homophobic slur but rather intended to reference large mammals like rhinos, hippos or elephants.
    I didn’t take “sucking dick” as a homophobic slur because that sophomoric use Ive heard all of my life was never really a stab at male sexuality. However, today anything said like that will be taken as a sexuality insult even if not intended. Calling someone a whore is not usually a sexuality slam. What takes the cake, is my female friend who said that Twitter allowing profanity for the first time, is example of the verbal abuse that Elon the Devil is now permitting. F@@king bull $hit.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Problem is that the receiver landed out of bounds with only getting one foot in bounds and still called it a touchdown.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    His calf hit the ground inbounds (at least thats what they called) any part of one leg above the foot is considered 2 feet. The 2nd leg is irrelevant at that point.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    His calf hit the ground inbounds (at least thats what they called) any part of one leg above the foot is considered 2 feet. The 2nd leg is irrelevant at that point.
    That was pure speculation. You should only call what you can actually see, and the calf was on the same leg that was in bounds.