Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2022 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    NY is kicking ass, Bills, Giants and Jets
    Well, NJ and NY...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    6-0 BABY!!!!!

Maybe now we can stop with this talk of how good Cooper "3 Picks" Rush is.
    Cooper was QB at Central Michigan University (the arch rival of my team Western Michigan), so I got to see him play live at least 4 times. I always thought he was a decent QB, but no where close to NFL caliber. I was pretty surprised to see he was Prescott's backup in the first place.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    That was me.
    Congrats! Really weird that the whole league couldn't get past week 6 with 3 lives.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Congrats! Really weird that the whole league couldn't get past week 6 with 3 lives.
    I was 0-2 after two weeks. Two years ago I had no X's until the super bowl and couldn't pick the winner because I had already picked them in the playoffs. Made no sense.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I was 0-2 after two weeks. Two years ago I had no X's until the super bowl and couldn't pick the winner because I had already picked them in the playoffs. Made no sense.
    I got burned by that one year
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    poor Russell Wilson lost again. 15/28 for 188yds 23yds rushing. Didn't see this coming.

Glad we ducked that contract, and it improves our draft picks.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I am happy that the Vikings managed to once again show up in the 4th quarter and win but my schadenfreude is for Erin Rodgers and the most insufferable fan base in the NFL taking another one on the chin. I know a lot of Packer fans and only one of them is not an obnoxious prick about it. Suffer, bitches, suffer.
    we think the same of you
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

tbh these losses don't hurt as much now that I've truly grown to dislike Aaron Rodgers. it never felt right to blame him in the past but he kinda looks shitty out there this year! it's strange to see him just chucking the ball around like that. he's constantly underthrowing receivers or just tossing it to no one in particular. it's weird because he made his name by not doing that. the good news is there's still time to figure it out and the Packers usually do. the bad news is this was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule...
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    we think the same of you
    OK, I'll make it two Packer fans that aren't obnoxious about it. Then again, you live in Wisconsin which is a claim the obnoxious ones can't make. My problem is that the Packer fans living in Vikings territory that I've known either have no actual connection to WI or the team, jumped on board after Rodgers' sole Superbowl win in another decade (I have no use for bandwagon jumpers), or just picked the Pack because they want to antagonize the majority around them. I can see quitting the Vikings because they will indeed suck out your soul and break your heart every fucking season. But to jump over to the archrival and then brag about it is just inane and irritating.

And don't get me started on the idiocy of Cub fans with no connection to Chicago who just love the idea of a lovable loser.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

OK, I'll make it two Packer fans that aren't obnoxious about it. Then again, you live in Wisconsin which is a claim the obnoxious ones can't make. My problem is that the Packer fans living in Vikings territory that I've known either have no actual connection to WI or the team, jumped on board after Rodgers' sole Superbowl win in another decade (I have no use for bandwagon jumpers), or just picked the Pack because they want to antagonize the majority around them. I can see quitting the Vikings because they will indeed suck out your soul and break your heart every fucking season. But to jump over to the archrival and then brag about it is just inane and irritating.

And don't get me started on the idiocy of Cub fans with no connection to Chicago who just love the idea of a lovable loser.
    I have been a Packers fan since age 7.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

I was surrounded by Packers fans in WA when Brett Favre was their QB. And as a Lions loving kid in west TN, I was surrounded by Cowboys and Steelers fans.

Gruno, I am not grandfathering you in. You never updated us on that arcade rebuild.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The eons are closing
    Gruno, I am not grandfathering you in. You never updated us on that arcade rebuild.
    Seconded.

------------

Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Converted some of the controllers into a portable table top. The cabinet is still in flux. I need to get the screen and they went up $$avagely during Covid.

Christian McCaffrey traded to the Niners for 4 draft picks, none of them a 1st rounder. Why didn't the Bills try to put together a package like this? It would have guaranteed a championship, barring injury.

Has McCaffrey even played a whole season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^Not in two years.

Good move for the Panthers. Hopefully a few more pieces get moved.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^Not in two years.

Good move for the Panthers. Hopefully a few more pieces get moved.
    Definitely a good move for the Panthers. WTF are the Niners doing??
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

When is it going to end.

Dobbins, the Ravens' No. 1 back, is expected to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee next week that will sideline him four to six weeks.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

^ 2 major injuries in 2 years. He's a good back. You have to wonder if he's ever going to get the chance to show it.

I saw the heated exchange between Murray and Kingsberry on YT. Eh, on one hand I'd bench the little snot, or let him loose. They won (Cardinals)....

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ 2 major injuries in 2 years. He's a good back. You have to wonder if he's ever going to get the chance to show it.
    When Cam Newton was still good, McCaffrey was great. He had a pretty good game last week, but the Panthers have nothing. It’s an odd move for SF—so they’re all in with Jimmy G?—but I do think McCaffrey can be great again when teams can’t tee off on him and with an offense that can convert 3rd downs. I hope he’ll be great again.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    When Cam Newton was still good, McCaffrey was great. He had a pretty good game last week, but the Panthers have nothing. It’s an odd move for SF—so they’re all in with Jimmy G?—but I do think McCaffrey can be great again when teams can’t tee off on him and with an offense that can convert 3rd downs. I hope he’ll be great again.
    I was referring to former Buckeye and current raven J.K. Dobbins, from Ed's post.

I'm not down on McCaffrey. When he's healthy, he's a stud, and I think this trade makes all kinds of sense for SF. I'm a little surprised to see it poo-pooed here.

I agree, good for both teams
    Ian