Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Fripp-"Exposures 1977 - 1983" (25CD, 4DVD, 4Blu-Ray box set-DGM) 5/27/2022

Robert Fripp-"Exposures 1977 - 1983" (25CD, 4DVD, 4Blu-Ray box set-DGM) 5/27/2022

From DGM.com-
    The long-awaited 32-disc boxed set of Robert Fripp in the studio and in concert 1977 - 1983 will be released on 27th May 2022. The set will feature many previously unreleased tracks, outtakes and rarities as well as numbers tracks becoming on CD for the first time.

The largest in the series, Exposures is the ninth boxset release collecting King Crimson / Robert Fripp material from 1969 to 2008.

Featuring 32 discs (25xCD/4xDVD audio/4xBlu-Ray audio) presented in a 12” box with a 48-page booklet containing extensive notes by Sid Smith and Al Okada plus memorabilia such as tickets, posters, press releases, and more.

One of the most comprehensive boxed sets devoted to a single period of an artist’s career, Exposures features the complete collection of Robert Fripp’s studio and live solo material from 1977-1983, covering the period from the first Exposure sessions to the end of The League of Gentlemen and final Frippertronics concerts.

The long-awaited 32-disc boxed set of Robert Fripp in the studio and in concert 1977 - 1983 will be released on 27th May 2022. The set will feature many previously unreleased tracks, outtakes and rarities as well as numbers tracks becoming on CD for the first time.
    Steven Wilson mixes of Exposure in (in two versions), Under Heavy Manners, The League of Gentlemen studio recordings and numerous unreleased tracks from the albums’ sessions appear in Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD 5.1 Surround and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio on Blu-Ray discs 1 and 4.

David Singleton mixes of God Save the Queen, Let the Power Fall and the Washington Square Church Frippertronics album appear in DTS-HD Surround (Quad/4.1) and in hi- res stereo ranging from 24/48 (WSC), 24/96 GSTQ) to 24/192 (LTPF) on Blu-Ray discs 1 and 4.

In addition, all editions and versions of Exposure (including previously unreleased), original masters of all of the albums from the period and a wealth of additional material, much of it previously unreleased appear on Blu-Ray in hi-res stereo audio on those discs.

Two further Blu-Ray discs present the complete DGM archive of Frippertronics loops, masters and concert performances - over 68 hours of music in 24/48 hi-res stereo.

Three DVDs feature the main albums in 5.1, quad and hi-res stereo. Twenty five CDs present material including the earliest existing master loops, all of the albums in new Steven Wilson and David Singleton mixes, plus original mixes newly mastered and a number of studio and live discs featuring previously unreleased and/or music new to disc.

More info at DGM.com
    https://www.dgmlive.com/news/robert-...2MyFkh0WgS2IfI

You can pre-order Exposures boxed set via
    Inner Knot (US)
    Burning Shed (UK/EU)

Also coming from DGM on 5/27/2022-
    EXPOSURE 4TH EDITION

A brand new mix of Robert Fripp's debut solo, Exposure will be released on 27th May 2022 in both CD/DVD and 2LP formats. This will be the 4th Edition mix. This 2022 mix was undertaken by Steven Wilson who worked with the original multi-track tapes.

Featuring contributions from Barry Andrews, Phil Collins, Brian Eno, Peter Gabriel Daryl Hall, Peter Hammill, Tony Levin, Jerry Marotta,. Sid McGinnis, Terre Roche, and Narada Michael Walden.

With the 200g vinyl edition mastered by Jason Mitchell at Loud Mastering, this is the definitive LP version of a truly classic album.

Pre-order 4th Edition Exposure CD/DVD via
    Inner Knot (US)
    Burning Shed (UK/EU)

Pre-order 4th Edition Exposure 2LP via
    Inner Knot (US)
    Burning Shed (UK/EU)

I hope that "God Save The Queen/Under Heavy Manners" gets a separate release, since it's never been on an official CD. Most of the stuff in this box is "listen once" material for me...

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I wish there was this level of detail for the double duo period of KC in terms of large box sets.

As I said in the other thread, I'm going to need to see a track list at some point, but I would imagine I'll be passing on this. Never really cared for Exposure and the stuff that was produced around this time period. I'll probably get the Washington Square Church disc though.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Out of the scope of this set, I think, but I WISH they could reissue the COMPLETE, ORIGINAL version of "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts." I really miss having it with that track that had to be removed. Used to listen to the LP so much, and that CD sounds wrong without the missing song!

What I want is a 101 disc box of Sunday All Over the World.

I like Exposure a lot but I'd never have imagined that era would merit a package of this size. Just the fact that this package exists makes me assume there's something there, and the other big Crimson boxes were generally treasure troves, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    That is a great album but I would be fine with 98 discs. 101 seems like overkill.

Exposure box? Count me in!
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    A remix of SAOTW (plus, I believe, live recordings and other Toyah & Fripp goodies) is supposed to be released this year.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    A remix of SAOTW (plus, I believe, live recordings and other Toyah & Fripp goodies) is supposed to be released this year.
    Sunday Brunch All Over The World?

I'll be happy with a Wilson remix of the Toyah/Fripp "Rebel Yell".
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

The eons are closing
    Many were previously available as downloads.
    I would count on all of these to be on the box set

https://dgmlive.com/tours?download=o...st=2&year=1977

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by squonkduke View Post
    25+4+4=33
    There appear to be 3 DVDs, not 4.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    I like Exposure a lot but I'd never have imagined that era would merit a package of this size. Just the fact that this package exists makes me assume there's something there, and the other big Crimson boxes were generally treasure troves, but still...
    The Frippertronics stuff is indeed a treasure trove, and that is likely what makes up the most of this box. Because of that I find the title referencing Exposure to be an odd choice. I would have called it "Loops and Reels" or something.

The Exposure album itself was a reasonably good one-off from an artist who was re-inventing himself. Some great tunes but also filler. And AFAIK Fripp never toured Exposure. So I don't believe Exposure fans are getting anything more than the album proper, along with some not very revelatory demos, in this box.

I can say I won't likely bother buying this.

I will totally end up buying this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    The Frippertronics stuff is indeed a treasure trove, and that is likely what makes up the most of this box. Because of that I find the title referencing Exposure to be an odd choice. I would have called it "Loops and Reels" or something.

The Exposure album itself was a reasonably good one-off from an artist who was re-inventing himself. Some great tunes but also filler. And AFAIK Fripp never toured Exposure. So I don't believe Exposure fans are getting anything more than the album proper, along with some not very revelatory demos, in this box.
    The focus is really on Fripp's whole NYC period, including the League of Gentlemen as well as Exposure and the early Frippertronics. It might have been nice to call the box Last of the Great New York Heartthrobs (working title for Exposure) while retaining the Exposure cover art.

I do see Exposure itself--an album with a long and fraught history, that already exists in multiple versions and mixes--as very much the heart of the set. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the ancillary material as "not very revelatory"; I'm willing to bet there's some real heat tucked away towards the end of the set on those "Blasts and Blasms" discs. Count me in on this one.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the ancillary material as "not very revelatory"; I'm willing to bet there's some real heat tucked away towards the end of the set on those "Blasts and Blasms" discs. Count me in on this one.
    I would be happy to see you proved right on this... I just haven't heard anything of particular value among the Exposure-era demos (mostly with Wetton and Phil Collins AFAICR) that DGM has made available digitally over the last decade. Is there more interesting stuff that has not been released? Possibly. I don't follow this era all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    There appear to be 3 DVDs, not 4.
    Yes. I checked the pre-order page for Exposures on the Inner Knot site and it is 3DVDs (not 4 as listed on the DGM article for the set).

I am all over the CD/DVD Exposure re-release.

Fortuitously, I had the most previous re-release of that album in an eCommerce shopping cart that essentially serves as my wish list, but removed it a few weeks ago when actually making a purchase. Kismet. Seeing the announcement of Stevie Wilson 5.1 edition made me smile.
    Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

The Stormy Monday rarities discs that have been available for download and have been slowly getting released as ohysical media have a some Exposure era jams of Fripp, Wetton, and Phil Collins. Its jammy stuff. Maybe Asbury Parkish is the best thing to say about it.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    The Stormy Monday rarities discs that have been available for download and have been slowly getting released as ohysical media have a some Exposure era jams of Fripp, Wetton, and Phil Collins. Its jammy stuff. Maybe Asbury Parkish is the best thing to say about it.
    I have to wonder if discs 30 and 31 will contain this material.

I can picture it now:
    "It has come to our attention that "First Inaugural Address to the I.A.C.E. Sherborne House" is playing at a slightly incorrect speed."

I suppose it would be too much to ask that some be done like that, covering Belew's first three solo albums. I don't know what kind of bonus goodies you could include. I think maybe some live footage from his Twang Bar King tour MIGHT exist somewhere, and then there's the Electronic Guitar "instructional" video he did circa 84. But probably not enough stuff to stretch it out to 33 discs.

There is no mention of live footage from that period, so maybe these won't be included.

^I had never seen the LoG clip before. Thanks for posting.

Sara Lee is currently touring with Gang of Four.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.