Thread: hmm nother band like vdgg is argos

hmm nother band like vdgg is argos

just found out bout them very pete hamill soudning meets canterbury lil bit genesis touch mixed all together not bad music at all.

i love peter hamill solo more then vdgg and he is aquired taste big time i can only listen to him when im on dark lyrics mood

noone has heard of these guys bump

Don't hear too much VdGG in Argos, but they are a really good canterbury style outfit.

If you want VdGG go for Discipline, Island (Swiss) or Areknames.

I like argos quite a bit. I have their first two albums, and now I've heard they have a new one out. Anyone know how the new one compares with the first two?

argos singer reminds me of peter hamill vocally music is nothing like vdgg just singer

i dont have new one i bought 1 disc circles im now gonna buy other 2 cuz they r really good

To Arms Etc are very VDGG-y. Ace band!

I have Circles and Cruel Symmetry. Both masterpieces...both symph prog which shatters all the cliche's.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I haven’t heard anything else but Circles is definitely a strong, worthwhile release. Like another review stated, they seem to want to do the entire spectrum of prog (symphonic, fusion, etc.) all on one album, but they have the talent to pull it off. Really one of the cooler and more interesting new prog acts out there.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Parece cosa de maligno. Los pianos no estallan por casualidad." --Gabriel Garcia Marquez

N.P.:“Suspended Animation”-After the Fire/Laser Love

Nice, I'll definitely be ordering the new one.

I've got the first one and the singer really sounds nothing like Peter Hammill

Circles is a really nice release. I get the Peter Hammil connection in terms of singer's voice but little VDGG sound I can distinguish. Nice canturbury influence. Looking forward to their new one although I hope they do a much better job mastering the disc than Circles. Very bright recording.