Thread: Deep Purple - Mandrake Root

Deep Purple - Mandrake Root

Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Hell yes, thanks for that! Love Blackmore.

I always thought it was better with Gillan screaming his guts out than the original Rod Evans recording on their debut.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Whoever posted that video (official Deep Purple?) needs to know that this was not on "In Rock." It was on "Shades of Deep Purple."
    "Don't look here. The joke's in your hand."

- Public Restroom Wall

Very cool!

Circa 0:22, George Best in the audience, not looking overly interested.

Blackmore learned the showmanship displayed in this video from (Screaming) Lord Sutch.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Whoever posted that video (official Deep Purple?) needs to know that this was not on "In Rock." It was on "Shades of Deep Purple."
    my first thought as well.... but it's the same caption for every bit of that TV show (see below the other bits)

Mind you, that Mandrake plant is is almost unrecognizeable from its original form (I myself had to wait a couple of minutes t say : "oh yeah, it's MR allright") and even it's 3258 minutes version of that In Concert double album.

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Mind you, that Mandrake plant is is almost unrecognizeable from its original form (I myself had to wait a couple of minutes t say : "oh yeah, it's MR allright") and even it's 3258 minutes version of that In Concert double album.
    Yeah, I was going to point out that it's just an excerpt from the jam that eventually became part of their live rendition of "Space Truckin'" when they moved on from MR.
    "Don't look here. The joke's in your hand."

- Public Restroom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    It's a tough call which is better, the 3258 minute version of Mandrake Root on there, or the Tommy Bolin guitar solo on that other live album that actually lasted longer than the 1970s.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

The Mule also became quite different live form it was on Fireball. LIve, it became the showpiece for Paicey's drum solo. And Strange Kind of Woman became a call and response between Blackmore, and Gillan scatting.