Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Meat Loaf

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Sorry to hear this, an icon of our age, Jim Steinman too - Rest in Peace.

RIP. BOOH is one of the greatest albums of all time. We're going to see BOOH The Musical next week for the 4th time!

Not a big fan, but I can appreciate the music he and Jim created, and it's also fun.
    He was a character, and I enjoyed his personality outside of music.
    He was a fan of the paranormal and saw him on a couple of shows(I think Ghost Hunters), and it was fun seeing him outside of his music persona.

May you be at peace sir, and enjoy the great gig in the sky.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

The eons are closing
    RIP

I will always remember the argument my Grandma had with my Aunt when my cousin Leo got BooH at Xmas. "Satan's Music!"

May Meatloaf, my Grandma, my Aunt and Leo all RIP.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Gutted.

The Reapers are closing in on me and my youth.

So many people just a bit older than me, and icons of my youth are passing.

RIP

I just saw this. RIP Meat Loaf.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    RIP - I loved him in Fight Club.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

RIP Eddie
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    RIP Eddie
    I forgot Rocky Horror. That too was an excellent role.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

one of my favorite vocalist of all time (he's number 14 on my top 50 list)
    Bat Out Of Hell is one of the greatest albums of all time, all 3 Bat albums are great.
    and also a great actor of television and movies.
    loved, hated but a truly ICONIC prsonality and talent.

This is what I posted on Facebook this morning:

Very sad to hear of the death of Meatloaf this morning. “Bat Out Of Hell” was the soundtrack to my high school life. The album was absolutely huge and was in constant rotation in my car stereo. I never saw Meat live during those days. By the late 80’s Meat’s career had been in a tailspin. He had gone broke, and instead of headlining arenas he was back to playing clubs. He decided to rebuild his career from the ground up, mounting a massive 2-year club tour of no frills ground and pound live shows in clubs across the country. I saw the tour at The Orbit Room in Grand Rapids Michigan and it remains up near the top concerts I have ever seen. Meat was at the top of his game, with an amazingly hot band. He commanded the stage from the moment he hit it and I drew a newfound respect for him as a live performer. After that tour he released “Bat Out Of Hell II” and was back on top. In his later years Meat’s voice gave out on him and even though he continued to perform he was a shadow of his younger self. Although he often does not get a lot of respect I have always maintained that he was a fantastic live performer in his prime and put out some good albums.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv4yLDLmtOQ

Never been a fan but he was very talented. I know he recorded an album with Ted Nugent, but haven't heard it. RIP.

RIP
    Reported it was covid related.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by everyday View Post
    RIP. BOOH is one of the greatest albums of all time. We're going to see BOOH The Musical next week for the 4th time!
    Bat Out Of Hell my part of my teenfood soundtrack. I could swear most of these songs were expressely written for or anout me.

never cared for the rest of his output, not even RHPS.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    RIP
    Reported it was covid related.
    Yep, that's what I saw. Indications are that he was anti-vax-mandates, like Van and Eric.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yep, that's what I saw. Indications are that he was anti-vax-mandates, like Van and Eric.
    Sad to hear that.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Sad to hear that.
    Yep, another preventable loss, apparently.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Meat Loaf is dead?

Arrest Tim Curry!
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    When I was in Washington, DC to protest the inauguration of George W. Bush, Meatloaf was right next to us in a booth with some local radio personalities and they were broadcasting there, celebrating his inauguration. There were some brief shouting matches between the crowd and Meatloaf, but it remained basically good-natured. I was just surprised that a notable "musician" was a conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    When I was in Washington, DC to protest the inauguration of George W. Bush, Meatloaf was right next to us in a booth with some local radio personalities and they were broadcasting there, celebrating his inauguration. There were some brief shouting matches between the crowd and Meatloaf, but it remained basically good-natured. I was just surprised that a notable "musician" was a conservative.
    Well, I'm sure many others have since shown you that their politics are just as diverse as anyone's.

Listening to that Nugent album with Mr. Loaf. Free For All.

Another sad loss. Sadly, his anti vax stance did him in.