Thread: Neal Morse February US and May/June Europe tour

Neal Morse February US and May/June Europe tour

Neal cancelled his Canada shows but added 4 new ones including Albany NY. Just got my tickets for the Albany show, will be my first time seeing The Neal Morse Band. Psyched!

USA 2022
    Feb 8 - NYC, NY - Sony Hall
    Feb 9 - Boston, MA - The Sinclair
    Feb 10 - Baltimore, MD - Soundstage
    Feb 11 - Albany, NY - Empire Live
    Feb 12 - Rochester, NY - Anthology
    Feb 14 - Pittsburgh, PA - Jergel's
    Feb 15 - Cleveland, OH - Beachland Ballroom
    Feb 17 - Philadelphia, PA - Keswick
    Feb 18 - Detroit, MI - Crofoot
    Feb 19 - St Charles, IL - Arcada
    Feb 20 - Fort Wayne, IN - Pieres
    Feb 22 - Seattle, WA - Triple Door
    Feb 23 - Los Angeles, CA - The El Rey Theatre
    Feb 24 - Phoenix, AZ - Combs Performing Arts Center

Europe 2022
    May 28 - Madrid, Spain - Teatro Kapital
    May 29 - Barcelona, Spain – Apolo
    May 30 - Milan, Italy - Live Club
    May 31 - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
    June 2 - Tilburg, Netherlands – 013
    June 3 - London, England - Shepherds Bush Empire
    June 4 - Paris, France – Trianon
    June 5 - Esch Sur Alzette, Luxembourg - Rockhal
    June 7 - Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall
    June 8 - Ulm, Germany - Ulmer Zelt
    June 9 - Brno, Czech Republic – Sono
    June 10 - Krakow, Poland - Studio Club
    June 11 - Warsaw, Poland – Progresja
    June 13 - Hamburg, Germany – Markthalle
    June 15 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Amager Bio
    June 16 - Gothenburg, Sweden – Pustervik
    June 17 - Oslo, Norway – Cosmopolite
    June 18 - Stockholm, Sweden - Lilla Cirkus
    Last edited by Wah3; 01-19-2022 at 12:27 PM.

You wont regret it!

He actually added a Phoenix show. Modern prog bands simply don't come to Phoenix.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Neal cancelled his Canada shows but added 4 new ones including Albany NY. Just got my tickets for the Albany show, will be my first time seeing The Neal Morse Band. Psyched!
    Attachment 15731
    I can't read that. Is there a place where we can see the dates in a fashion that they're actually readable?

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    He actually added a Phoenix show. Modern prog bands simply don't come to Phoenix.
    Ha! Consider yourself lucky. In my neck of the woods they never EVER come here. I have to travel out of state for everything.

This show is just minutes from my house. But I can't go. Have a schedule conflict for that night. Wish this was announced sooner. But I thankfully did go to Morsefest when there was no Phoenix date on the original itinerary.

There are other prog bands though coming soon right here in Mesa. Dream Theater in February, Leprous in March and Riverside in April.

Canada won't let anyone into the country if they are not vaccinated, that might be a reason why their dates were canceled.

FYI New York City requires proof of Vaccination to enter a venue, so if you are attending any event- check with the venue when you order your tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    Canada won't let anyone into the country if they are not vaccinated, that might be a reason why their dates were canceled.

FYI New York City requires proof of Vaccination to enter a venue, so if you are attending any event- check with the venue when you order your tickets.
    I don't think they allowing anyone in now... Even if vaccinated...

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Ha! Consider yourself lucky. In my neck of the woods they never EVER come here. I have to travel out of state for everything.
    As "flyover" cities go, Phoenix is close enough to the coast to make a stop-over.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    There are other prog bands though coming soon right here in Mesa. Dream Theater in February, Leprous in March and Riverside in April.
    I was referring to bands other than the most obvious. In addition to the prog metal bands you mentioned, bands who stop here would include Yes, Kansas, et cetera, et cetera.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I was referring to bands other than the most obvious. In addition to the prog metal bands you mentioned, bands who stop here would include Yes, Kansas, et cetera, et cetera.
    NMB was here is Mesa for TSOAD and in Chandler for TGA. Neal himself on his solo tour was at a guy's house in Mesa. I think he's the one promoting the upcoming show.

Other upcoming more mainstream prog concerts in PHX (and I'm going to) are Martin Barre, Rick Wakeman, Alan Parsons, Steve Hackett, The Pineapple Thief, TFF, and Nick Mason. Could even include Steve Vai as prog guitar.

Anyone see the show in NYC last night?

Quote Originally Posted by awebert View Post
    Anyone see the show in NYC last night?
    Frigging awesome, did the entire new album and the usual NMB medley, I was totally knocked out but I do really like the new one, alot, the epics, man, the epics.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Frigging awesome, did the entire new album and the usual NMB medley, I was totally knocked out but I do really like the new one, alot, the epics, man, the epics.
    How was it for you with the 2 epics back to back at the end, same as the album order? Personally I would prefer them integrated with the shorter songs on the album but I haven't seen the live show.

How long was the show including the set break?

How long was the show including the set break?
    No set break to speak of, 2:30 start to finish, came on about 5 minutes after 8:00 in NYC.

The Albany show was wonderful. One more checked off my bucket list. I went in with high expectations and they were exceeded. 2 1/2 hours. The epic Beyond the Years from the new album, featuring a bass and drum solo, was a highlight. I'd forgotten how good a drummer Mike Portnoy is. Eric Gillette on guitar and vocals was also impressive.

The Albany show was wonderful. One more checked off my bucket list. I went in with high expectations and they were exceeded. 2 1/2 hours. The epic Beyond the Years from the new album, featuring a bass and drum solo, was a highlight. I'd forgotten how good a drummer Mike Portnoy is. Eric Gillette on guitar and vocals was also impressive.

Can't wait for this tour to hit the UK

How did they end "Beyond The Years" live?

Big build up to a final chord and a blast from the smoke pots IIRC. No orchestral reprise. They left the stage briefly afterwards.