Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022

I don't mind a pitch clock, but I don't like these:

Pitchers are limited to two disengagements (pickoff attempts or step-offs) per plate appearance. However, this limit is reset if a runner or runners advance during the plate appearance.

If a third pickoff attempt is made, the runner automatically advances one base if the pickoff attempt is not successful.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The beyond atrocious Aaron Hicks got benched last might mid-game after bungling a fly ball in left as he was running toward the foul line. It not only bounced out of his glove, the buffoon thought it was foul (it wasn't) and two Rays rounded the bases while he stood there with his head down and sulked.

Too bad you can't bench a manager, too. Rays are two behind in the loss column.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

Pitchers are limited to two disengagements (pickoff attempts or step-offs) per plate appearance. However, this limit is reset if a runner or runners advance during the plate appearance.
    Base runners will quickly find a way to take advantage of it, I think. And with the larger bags—second base is effectively four inches closer to first base—there will be more action on the base paths. This will hopefully be a good thing, but I guess we won’t know until next April.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Rays are two behind in the loss column.
    And in other good news, Braves are alone atop the NL East.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Base runners will quickly find a way to take advantage of it, I think. And with the larger bags—second base is effectively four inches closer to first base—there will be more action on the base paths. This will hopefully be a good thing, but I guess we won’t know until next April.
    I remember the good old days when there was plenty of action on the base paths and you didn't have to change dimensions to get it that way.

I guess they need to adapt the game to the players these days.

The eons are closing
    And in other good news, Braves are alone atop the NL East.
    May thy knife chip and shatter!

;-) [emoji38]
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

On this date in Baseball History: 1960
    In Detroit, Mickey Mantle unloads a cannon shot for three runs in the 6th inning, the ball clearing the RF roof and landing in the Brooks Lumber Yard across Trumbull Avenue. New York pins a 5-1 loss on Paul Foytack that moves them a half game in first place ahead of Baltimore, losers today. In June, 1985, Mantle's blow will retroactively be measured at 643 feet, and will be listed in The Guinness Book of World Records at that distance.

^ I remember it like it was yestiddy.

ROFLMAO! Something I've never seen before...Both managers tossed on the same play in Guardians-Angels game (on MLB.)

Two more for Judge tonight, each one tying the game against the Dead Sox. He's at 57 now with 20 games left.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    ... Dead Sox ...
    Indeed.

The eons are closing
    Minor leagues have unionized today, MLB recognized MLBPA as bargaining rep for the minor leagues union.

------------

If O's win tonight they will be the first team in modern era baseball to win 75 games after losing at least 100 games the year before.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Little League HR last night in Fenway spelled another loss for those BoSox.

Little League HR last night in Fenway spelled another loss for those BoSox.
    Same thing happened in the O's game the same night. I don't know whose home run was more pathetic.

The Aaron Judge onslaught continues with two more dingers (58 & 59), four hits and four RBI. He is now batting .316, a measly one point behind the AL leader for the Triple Crown.

You simply run out of superlatives.

The Aaron Judge onslaught continues with two more dingers (58 & 59), four hits and four RBI. He is now batting .316, a measly one point behind the AL leader for the Triple Crown.

You simply run out of superlatives.
    Just a few days ago he was 11 points back in batting average. It is unreal, especially since he has carried the Yanks this year and it's in a contract year to boot.

The eons are closing
    Like I said upthread last month.... Judge will get $40 AAV.

if Yanks we're offering 18 - nothing less than $30 million will get the phone answered now.

------------

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Like I said upthread last month.... Judge will get $40 AAV.

if Yanks we're offering 18 - nothing less than $30 million will get the phone answered now.

------------

They offered $30 per year over seven years before the season started.

Dodgers will sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Dodgers will sign him.
    Wanna bet? He's not going anywhere.

Braves’ super rookie and super mustache champ Spencer Strider became the fastest rookie to notch 200 Ks. He just barely edged out Randy Johnson. The kid has an eclectic arm, and he only throws two pitches!

^^ 143 innings, right? That's pretty impressive.

Braves’ super rookie and super mustache champ Spencer Strider became the fastest rookie to notch 200 Ks. He just barely edged out Randy Johnson. The kid has an eclectic arm, and he only throws two pitches!
    I think half of those were against the Phillies, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

130 innings. Johnson did it in 130.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I think half of those were against the Phillies, too.
    That was a whole lot of taking care of business for Atlanta this past weekend. Too bad Albies is out again.