Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022

If the utterly terrible Joey Gallo gets 500 ABs this year, he will have 250 Ks.

What a terrible move getting this all-or-nothing (but mostly nothing) waste of a roster spot.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Twins are starting to feast on their division. Seven in a row now. But now they travel to Tampa which will be less friendly.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

^^ Six for the Yankees, who were total shit a week ago. They still have some shit, though. They have some very pricey liabilities in that lineup with the aforementioned Gallo and Josh Donaldson. The bottom third of their lineup is still pretty pitiful. There's too much talent in their system to be blocked by these bloated and ineffective contracts.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    ^^ Six for the Yankees, who were total shit a week ago. They still have some shit, though. They have some very pricey liabilities in that lineup with the aforementioned Gallo and Josh Donaldson. The bottom third of their lineup is still pretty pitiful. There's too much talent in their system to be blocked by these bloated and ineffective contracts.
    Yankees have the best ERA in the AL. Before anyone gets too excited, they just beat CLE DET BAL who are a combined 19-34. As for Gallo, at least try with 2 strikes against a lefty to cut down on the swing meet the ball. Its tough to watch sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Yankees have the best ERA in the AL. Before anyone gets too excited, they just beat CLE DET BAL who are a combined 19-34. As for Gallo, at least try with 2 strikes against a lefty to cut down on the swing meet the ball. Its tough to watch sometimes.
    Bot the O's scored 15 runs in their last three games. If they had pitching this would be a different story.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

If the utterly terrible Joey Gallo gets 500 ABs this year, he will have 250 Ks.

What a terrible move getting this all-or-nothing (but mostly nothing) waste of a roster spot.
    It's okay! They'll be eliminating the shift next year to accommodate lesser talents like Gallo!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    They also took 2 out of three from Boston and Toronto when they weren't hitting. Their pitching has carried them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Bot the O's scored 15 runs in their last three games. If they had pitching this would be a different story.
    Perhaps, but yesterday, they brought a kid in to give the pen a rest and he coughed up three runs runs. And the O's did make five errors yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's okay! They'll be eliminating the shift next year to accommodate lesser talents like Gallo!
    How dumb will that be? Considering the number of Ks in the league and the paltry .231 league average, maybe they'll make a strikeout four strikes.

Trevor Bauer has been suspended for two years.

Bauer, who is due to lose $64 million, is appealing.
    Last edited by Scott Bails; 04-29-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Trevor Bauer has been suspended for two years.
    Now he can spend more time with his hobbies.

Looks like another woman came forward.

O's were being no hit into the sixth but pull off a crushing come from behind tenth inning win over the Blowsox. The talent they have to pull off what they did in the tenth is just mind boggling.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    O's were being no hit into the sixth but pull off a crushing come from behind tenth inning win over the Blowsox. The talent they have to pull off what they did in the tenth is just mind boggling.
    BoSox blew that one. I'll welcome that any day of the week.

So, apparently after playing in Toronto, teams are taking the two-hour bus ride to Buffalo in order to avoid the chance of being blocked by positive COVID test results when traveling by air.

The Mets have DFA'd Robinson Cano and are on the hook for the remaining $40.5M left on his contract.

The Mets have DFA'd Robinson Cano and are on the hook for the remaining $40.5M left on his contract.
    Saw that one coming.

Saw that one coming.
    That's a big piece of pie to be swallowing. I wonder if he is going to go to the minors to try and straighten out his swing or is he done?

The eons are closing
    Done-zo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

How about those Reds with their 3-20 record? This could be a season for the ages. Did anyone see this coming?

I mean, I realize it's baseball and the only safe thing to predict is the unpredictability. I certainly didn't expect the AL East to start this way.

Last night Yankees/Jays game saw some pretty shaky umpiring. And the Jays really looked sloppy.

How about those Reds with their 3-20 record? This could be a season for the ages. Did anyone see this coming?
    Not really surprising, considering their off-season fire sale.

Any league that actually cared about integrity would look into it, but this is Rob Mandel, so....

...and that's why I will never sit in the bleachers at Wrigley. Jeebus, the best of humanity on display right there.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

I haven't looked at the NL standings as I really don't until the NHL playoffs are over. The Reds are making the 1962 Mets look like world beaters at the moment. They are on pace to win 20 games! Hitting .201 as a team I thought Votto must really be pissed, then I saw he's hitting .122 with no homers. Wow

Didn't Votto just go on the IL, too?

Didn't Votto just go on the IL, too?
    Yes, He's out with Covid

The eons are closing
    So.... been refraining from talking Metsies, coz y:know, superstitious and stuff.... but 7 runs on 8 hits over 29 pitches to take lead in top of 9th....

that was woah...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit