Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022

MLB 2022

Might as well start a new thread.

Hear the crickets?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Go Yanks!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

sourdough advocate
    My (naive) hope is that the lockout ends before the end of the month. I enjoy the spring training games. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    When in doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkil View Post
    My (naive) hope is that the lockout ends before the end of the month. I enjoy the spring training games. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    99% not likely to happen. I don't say this because I'm a Manfred hater or such, but in watching other various "big decisions" over the last few years, seems it's at the very last minute or beyond.

So I'll go out on a limb and say April 15.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

The eons are closing
    So.... publicly released ballots show Barry and Roger currently above the HoF threshold.

I think only about 1/3 of the ballots are known; but they would need to remain on about 150 or so non public ballots stay above the line.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    So.... publicly released ballots show Barry and Roger currently above the HoF threshold.

I think only about 1/3 of the ballots are known; but they would need to remain on about 150 or so non public ballots stay above the line.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    If they get in, I guess it won't be too long before Big Mac, Sammy Sosa and Rafael Palmeiro get in via the Veterans committee.

I can't see any movement in the negotiations until actual games are jeopardized.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I can't see any movement in the negotiations until actual games are jeopardized.
    Or season ticket sales.

Have you always wanted to listen to a fake baseball broadcast designed to help you fall asleep?

Well:

https://www.sleepbaseball.com/
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

That's actually really cool.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Agreed! My wife and I always have a white noise machine, but I think I’ll give this a try when she goes out of town for work.

I'm in. But nothing will move until the season and ticket sales are threatened.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Agreed! My wife and I always have a white noise machine, but I think I’ll give this a try when she goes out of town for work.
    I made a 60 minute track of pink noise. It's on repeat on my iPod playing through a small dock with attached speakers. Perfect for noisy hotels.

If you can find the Pirates' broadcasts, I'm confident they'll have the same effect.

Hall of Fame announcement today. Anyone want to make any predictions?

I think Helton and Rolen make it in. Not sure about anyone else, though I think Schilling falls off of the ballot, and I don't think Bonds or Clemens make it.

Ortiz will be in, because they love him and have always given him a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Ortiz will be in, because they love him and have always given him a pass.
    Nailed it!

He also never failed a test after testing became mandatory. (He was named on that leaked survey test, but that’s it.)

I think his numbers made him borderline. The personality factor certainly helped push him over.

He also never failed a test after testing became mandatory. (He was named on that leaked survey test, but that’s it.)

I think his numbers made him borderline. The personality factor certainly helped push him over.
    And the media's (especially ESPN) love affair with him.

Passing tests were fairly easy to do. Just see Lance Armstrong and his team and many other cyclists, Bonds and a bunch of other baseball guys. Papi was a very likeable as was Piazza and I believe that why they are in.

Well, February is here.

Sixteen days until pitchers and catch... oh wait.

Here's a timeline on when to worry.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ng-opening-day

They are meeting again today but there's still a big distance between the owners and the players.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Just give the players everything they want and let's move on.

Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Just give the players everything they want and let's move on.

Jesus Christ...
    I didn't know Jesus was a fan. That must be from back in the day when they called extra innings resurrection innings.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I didn't know Jesus was a fan. That must be from back in the day when they called extra innings resurrection innings.
    He's more of a football guy (loves the Hail Mary pass), but he likes all sports.