Thread: MLB 2022

Aaron Judge has struck out 167 times so far this season... Tony Gwynn struck out 167 times in the 90s.
    Unbelievable stat.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Aaron Judge has struck out 167 times so far this season... Tony Gwynn struck out 167 times in the 90s.
    Unbelievable stat.
    He also leads in 11 of the 12 major offensive categories. Unbelievable stat.
    "Don't look here. The joke's in your hand."

- Public Restroom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    O's pitched Judge like cowards today.
    Judge struck out three times, stranding the bases loaded in the second inning, and walked once, disappointing a crowd of 44,332 at the Yankees regular-season home finale.

Meanwhile....

The Phillies' magic number is 1.

One of these teams (Phillies or Brewers) will make the playoffs, whether they want to, or not.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Judge struck out three times, stranding the bases loaded in the second inning, and walked once, disappointing a crowd of 44,332 at the Yankees regular-season home finale.
    I was referring to the previous game.

pitches.jpg

But, yes, they did finally pitch to him on Sunday and he did not do well. He's clearly pressing and wants to get this behind him.

Meanwhile, congrats to the Os for being the first team in the modern era (I think) to go from 100 losses to a winning record. I realize how much it means to their fans who have been clearly suffering for so many years.

- Public Restroom Wall

Meanwhile, congrats to the Os for being the first team in the modern era (I think) to go from 100 losses to a winning record. I realize how much it means to their fans who have been clearly suffering for so many years.

And congrats to the Dodgers! With 110 wins, the Dodgers became the first NL team to 110 since the 1909 Pirates. They also set a new franchise record in wins per season!

I was referring to the previous game.

pitches.jpg

But, yes, they did finally pitch to him on Sunday and he did not do well. He's clearly pressing and wants to get this behind him.

They made the history books for going from 110 losses to over 75 wins.

Why pitch to him when you know you can't win the game.

They made the history books for going from 110 losses to over 75 wins.

Why pitch to him when you know you can't win the game.
    A little thing called pride, maybe?

- Public Restroom Wall

A little thing called pride, maybe?
    There is no pride in sports anymore, just ask Alex Rodriguez.

Alex Rodriguez is certainly no ambassador of the sport.

- Public Restroom Wall

They didn't make it easy, but the Phillies are finally in the playoffs! YAY!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Aaron Nola had a helluva season: Nola finishes his 2022 season with 235 Ks and only 29 BB in 32 starts.

That's the most Ks in a season with fewer than 30 BB allowed in AL/NL history.

^^ That's pretty damned impressive.

- Public Restroom Wall

Well, two full games to go and I don't think Judge is going to do it. I hope I'm wrong.

I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken.

- Public Restroom Wall

C'mon Reds, you can do it! 2 games left and only one more loss needed for 100!!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I am sorry to report that it is still not morning in America.

Michael Harris just laid down the first sac bunt of the season for the Braves.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

62 and counting for the new champ.

I began to doubt it just this afternoon. I'm so glad he came through.

On to the Triple Crown.

And fuck anyone who wants to shit on it.

- Public Restroom Wall

Hats off to the Texas Rangers for going right at Aaron Judge and not pitching around him. They stated before the series that they were going to pitch to him.

I'd like to see him go for the Triple Crown today. But it will require some luck, and the Twins actually playing Arraez.

- Public Restroom Wall

Judge should buy that ball from the guy who caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Judge should buy that ball from the guy who caught it.
    The guy is loaded and should just give it to him.

Maybe he'll hit #63 today and drive the value down of #62.

- Public Restroom Wall

The guy is loaded and should just give it to him.
    Judge is loaded and should offer to pay the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Judge is loaded and should offer to pay the guy.

Seems like the shit-storm has begun about who is and isn't the real single-season HR leader. I fully expect MLB to sit on the sidelines and change nothing in the record books, except the AL record, and I suppose that's all they can do. People have made up their minds and it really doesn't matter what the books say.

- Public Restroom Wall

Seems like the shit-storm has begun about who is and isn't the real single-season HR leader. I fully expect MLB to sit on the sidelines and change nothing in the record books, except the AL record, and I suppose that's all they can do. People have made up their minds and it really doesn't matter what the books say.
    MLB knew about it and celebrated it. Bud Selig let some players take the hit while baseball owners profited, and he got into the HoF. MLB will do nothing but congratulate Aaron Judge on the new AL HR record. I can see why Maris Jr is salty but it would change anything. Btw, was he at the game yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    MLB knew about it and celebrated it. Bud Selig let some players take the hit while baseball owners profited, and he got into the HoF. MLB will do nothing but congratulate Aaron Judge on the new AL HR record. I can see why Maris Jr is salty but it would change anything. Btw, was he at the game yesterday?
    I can't say I saw Maris, Jr. But, I can't imagine why he wouldn't have been there. When I started doubting Judge yesterday, I began to rationalize that it wouldn't have been too bad for him to share the record at 61. But, man, he really deserved this one. He's so good for the sport.

- Public Restroom Wall

Lineup for tonight's game was just posted and Judge is not playing. I'm a bit surprised by that, since they will have a week off during their bye week.

Also, I understand why it's good to be able to line up your starters, but the bye week seems a bit too long and could be a momentum-killer.

- Public Restroom Wall