Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    No effing way. He is toast. He's done.

A power arm is no good if you can't throw it anywhere near the plate.
    He needs a change of address but some team will take the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    He needs a change of address but some team will take the chance
    Let them. Good riddance. Hopefully, it won't be a team that goes into the post season, since he can be awful during the playoffs.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The eons are closing
    Mets just continue to win series, great set of games with LAD.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    On ESPN.COM while discussing Verlander's calf injury

Now that we've entered into the age of the universal DH, those in the "pitchers get paid to pitch" camp might start campaigning for a DF ... designated fielder. He'd be a guy who just hangs around near the mound, ready to leap into action anytime a pitcher would otherwise be required to field a bunt or cover first base.
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The eons are closing
    Ya know shit is fucked up when the "only' Mets fan on the thread is posting.... ;-)

But to see the Orioles within 10 games of the Yankees as we enter the home stretch and two teams closer than that...

I have lived "historical blown leads" (Hey Scott!) but man... first the vote of confidence from cashman, now the "we're better than this$ Boone speech.... If Billy Martin was alive - he would not only be very very old, he would be manager now.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Ya know shit is fucked up when the "only' Mets fan on the thread is posting.... ;-)

But to see the Orioles within 10 games of the Yankees as we enter the home stretch and two teams closer than that...

I have lived "historical blown leads" (Hey Scott!) but man... first the vote of confidence from cashman, now the "we're better than this$ Boone speech.... If Billy Martin was alive - he would not only be very very old, he would be manager now.

LOL
    Historic collapse in the making. I know they have been hit hard by the injury bug, but this is not just that. Batting avg and especially RISP are simply in freefall at the moment. And I know that the pitching wasn't the main reason for the fall, but I still scratch my head at trading Montgomery. Traded a decent starter for a defensive star, but one that won't be ready anytime soon. Salt into the wound is Monty is 5-0 for St Louis.

If George and Billy were still around, we would be seeing Billy episode 7 or so by now!
    Last edited by Tangram; 09-03-2022 at 10:47 PM.

The Twins are stepping on their own dicks in Chicago. First to third in a few weeks, that's our destiny.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

LOL
    Haha!

I'm not seeing one of those collapses with the Mets this year, but I wouldn't mind seeing one with the Yankees
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Historic collapse in the making. I know they have been hit hard by the injury bug, but this is not just that. Batting avg and especially RISP are simply in freefall at the moment. And I know that the pitching wasn't the main reason for the fall, but I still scratch my head at trading Montgomery. Traded a decent starter for a defensive star, but one that won't be ready anytime soon. Salt into the wound is Monty is 5-0 for St Louis.

If George and Billy were still around, we would be seeing Billy episode 7 or so by now!

Truly historic. That's also why I wasn't gloating when they were kicking major ass. They were 9-22 in August and have been the second-worst team since the AS break (behind the putrid Tigers).

Cashman and Boone need to go. Especially Boone.

Behind them is a whole host of players.

I understand trading Monty, but didn't agree with it. He was mediocre and had no post-season role. German has replaced him well in the rotation. But, I continue to be mystified by taking on the washed-up (and major league asshole) Josh Donaldson for two years at $50M. The entire back end of their lineup is a black hole, and has been all year.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

I'm not seeing one of those collapses with the Mets this year
    Same. If it were going to happen, it would’ve. Buck is clearly the manager of the year.

And yet I wouldn’t be surprised if (and obviously I’m hoping for) the Braves catch them. Atlanta has a slightly more difficult schedule over the next month, but both teams have a healthy dowse of Nats and Fish. Braves should be getting both Albies and Soroka (!!!) back. If Jensen works his shit out or gets moved from closing, it’s hard to see how Atlanta doesn’t keep rolling. Two games back today. Inching forward every week.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Yankees (unfortunately) still have pitching, which will keep you in the games. (4th best team ERA)
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Truly historic. That's also why I wasn't gloating when they were kicking major ass. They were 9-22 in August and have been the second-worst team since the AS break (behind the putrid Tigers).

I understand trading Monty, but didn't agree with it. He was mediocre and had no post-season role. German has replaced him well in the rotation. But, I continue to be mystified by taking on the washed-up (and major league asshole) Josh Donaldson for two years at $50M. The entire back end of their lineup is a black hole, and has been all year.
    Been a big fan of Monty's since he came up. Has a great curve ball. 5 pitches. Just couldn't seem to put it together. Wanted to see 1 more year, but I can see them trading him. Just not now. Especially for someone who isn't playing.

Wasn't expecting most of the team, especially Donaldson, but also Hicks, Stanton, Gallo, Torres, DJLM, hell everyone not named Judge all have drops in their batting averages. If Carpenter wasn't lightning in a bottle coming off of the scrap heap, who knows where they would be.
    Last edited by Tangram; 09-04-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Yankees (unfortunately) still have pitching, which will keep you in the games. (4th best team ERA)
    But, you still have to score more runs than you give up. They can't seem to do that.

Judge hit #54 today. He now leads the rest of MLB by 18 HR.

The other players to lead the league by 18 HR or more were:
    Babe Ruth 1920 +35
    Babe Ruth 1921 +35
    Babe Ruth 1928 +23
    Babe Ruth 1924 +19

He's also batting .302 for 6th in the AL.

What an incredible season.

^ I hate the Yankees, but if he doesn't win the MVP, there needs to be a trial.

The eons are closing
    While I concur with the thread re: Judge amd MVP - all the BBWA members I read, are all starry eyed still for Ohtani - its the 30+ homers, 10+ wins and his K / innings pitched ratio that woos them still.

Yes the Angels suck.
    But Judge is having the best part of his season while his team tailspins around him.

Don't be surprised if Ohtani wins it.

While I concur with the thread re: Judge amd MVP - all the BBWA members I read, are all starry eyed still for Ohtani - its the 30+ homers, 10+ wins and his K / innings pitched ratio that woos them still.

Yes the Angels suck.
    But Judge is having the best part of his season while his team tailspins around him.

I don't see Ohtani getting it being on that lousy team.

There definitely seems to be an online campaign on Ohtani's behalf going. I've seen a number of social media ads/posts that appear to be a coordinated effort.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Same. If it were going to happen, it would’ve. Buck is clearly the manager of the year.
    Buck will probably win it, hands down, but I'd like to see Rob Thompson get some consideration. The Phillies' turnaround after firing Girardi is pretty impressive, IMO, their current slump notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I hate the Yankees, but if he doesn't win the MVP, there needs to be a trial.

Yes the Angels suck.

I'm a huge Ohtani fan, and absolutely hate the Yankees, but Judge should get it, IMO. What Ohtani is doing is pretty unprecedented, but Judge is also having a historical season, and Ohtani won last year. Not to mention the inherent Yankees media bias.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Not to mention the inherent Yankees media bias.

Seriously?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Which way?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The eons are closing
    there is no bias... plenty pro / plenty con.

Incessant and never ending coverage (MLBs Cowboys) - that is true, especially on the I-95 corridor

There's certainly no pro-Yankees bias at ESPN. They have been fellating the Red Sox for decades.

There's certainly no pro-Yankees bias at ESPN. They have been fellating the Red Sox for decades.
    And now we know why David Ortiz is always smiling. Seriously, the sportswriters and sports programming are generally biased on covering anything in the Northeast and California. That's where the population is and they ignore the rest of us. Enjoy your blowjobs you fans from those regions, because the rest of this country is seriously never getting any noggin from ESPN or anything else.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    And now we know why David Ortiz is always smiling. Seriously, the sportswriters and sports programming are generally biased on covering anything in the Northeast and California. That's where the population is and they ignore the rest of us. Enjoy your blowjobs you fans from those regions, because the rest of this country is seriously never getting any noggin from ESPN or anything else.
    I am so sick of seeing Ortiz. It's an instant channel-changer. It mystifies me (well, it really doesn't) how he continues to get a free pass on his behavior.